May 2014 Moms

39 weeks and I want to hide under a rock....

Anyone else feeling like they want to go into seclusion and just be left alone? My loving and well-intentioned family and ILs are driving me up the wall! Not a day goes by that I dont get texts or calls with everyone's predictions of when I will go into labor, how they think I'm going to have a smooth and fast labor because my mom did with me, and just the general inquiries on how I'm feeling. Ugh. Even DH texts me from work to see how I'm feeling.

I know everyone is excited, and trust me, no one wants this baby to come more than me! But there is only one being on this earth who will decide when and how she makes her appearance, and it's not me! I feel totally calm about everything and I'm just trying to take it one day at a time. I wish everyone would just let go and wait for the phone call.

Maybe I'm getting annoyed for no real reason. But the more people push their opinions on the whole event, the less I even want them involved. Blah, I just hate everyone right now. Leave me and my baby alone!!!

Anyone else want to vent their irrational annoyances?
BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3

Re: 39 weeks and I want to hide under a rock....

• DplusbsquaredDplusbsquared member
    edited April 2014
    I just had a mental meltdown & DH made everyone (my mom, his parents & DH too) leave the house & find something else to do! I feel bad about it, but dammit they were all making me crazier.

PS: my RCS is in the morning!
  • Well if it makes you feel any better, my mom doesn't text me at all, which is weird. But TBH i'd rather be left alone than deal with trying to be gracious about responding to a million messages and calls.

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Loading the player...
  • Yes! I was just telling DH yesterday that I want to hibernate until it's go time. I'm only 35w4d but getting more uncomfortable and awkward by the day. I don't feel like making the effort to go anywhere or be social anymore.

@Dplusbsquared good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sick of people giving me their full itineraries for the week, like I can plan the birth of my baby around it. My dad has to give me a rundown of what he's doing on a daily basis and what number to call him on when. I can barely remember to put underwear on in the morning, yet I'm expected to be a human Filofax? People being all nervous is making ME nervous.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• @Dplusbsquared good luck tomorrow! 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

• RoufiRoufi member

Anyone else feeling like they want to go into seclusion and just be left alone? My loving and well-intentioned family and ILs are driving me up the wall! Not a day goes by that I dont get texts or calls with everyone's predictions of when I will go into labor, how they think I'm going to have a smooth and fast labor because my mom did with me, and just the general inquiries on how I'm feeling. Ugh. Even DH texts me from work to see how I'm feeling.

I know everyone is excited, and trust me, no one wants this baby to come more than me! But there is only one being on this earth who will decide when and how she makes her appearance, and it's not me! I feel totally calm about everything and I'm just trying to take it one day at a time. I wish everyone would just let go and wait for the phone call.

Maybe I'm getting annoyed for no real reason. But the more people push their opinions on the whole event, the less I even want them involved. Blah, I just hate everyone right now. Leave me and my baby alone!!!

Anyone else want to vent their irrational annoyances?

You stole my feelings! I could have written this word for word, I don't want to have anything to do with anyone.
  • ns1ns1 member
    Yes!  And I'm only 35 weeks.  I've gotten really good at outwardly responding to the same million comments a day (work in a public place with lots of regulars).  Although I did have the first stranger touch my belly the other day and I'm pretty sure I just stared at her with my mouth hanging open until she stopped.  I really just want to punch everyone.  Oops.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh yeah. Usually the whole last month I want to be totally left alone and any comments about when they baby is coming just make me irrationally angry.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Same thing happened here. Every time I made a phone call, the person on the other end would say something like "Is it baby time?!"
    Um, hello to you too. Jeez.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yes, exactly. If only I could find a rock big enough to hide under!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • When I call family, they answer with, "are you in labor?"
  • Yes and hell yes! I was in L&D earlier this week for issues and now no one will leave me alone. I'm 38+4 and everyone is acting crazy. I love being on mat leave so I can literally just hibernate and ignore ppl. I really feel fine just uncomfortable so it's even more annoying bc everyone acts like they wish I would complain about something so they can make predictions. Just chill ppl.
    Married 5/5/12 ~ Miscarried @ 6wks 7/1/13 ~ Has Pacemaker ~ Due May 7th
  • Glad I'm not alone!

Update: My MIL just texted me that she now predicts that I will go into labor at 2pm today. Her reasoning? Because she was supposed to have a job from 2-4 (she entertains at kids' parties) and they cancelled last minute. In her words "things happen for a reason!" And she's all prepared to come drive me to the hospital because DH is at work and it would take him an hour to get home. Over my dead body! I'll have this baby alone on my bathroom floor before I let that happen. 

I. JUST. CAN'T. 
    You are taking the words right out of my mouth! I'm only 35 weeks and just finished with my baby showers and everyone is commenting on how they will take me to the hospital. Hell to the no! I can wait an hour or 5 in order for my DH to drive me himself. I do not think my first born will come within minutes or even a few hours of me starting contractions. I do not want any one but him ( and Dr) with me when I am in labor.
    Good luck and I hope you can find some peace!
  • I could have wrote this too, with all good intentions it just drives me nuts & makes me feel under pressure to have the baby by a certain date. It's hard to relax!
  • Right there with ya! If I take 2 minutes to answer a text, I get another saying "ARE YOU OK???? WHERE ARE YOU?"
    May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My sister in law who had the same due date as me had her baby early this morning. I'm so excited to have my new nephew and am very happy for her... But I'm also jealous as all get out. 38+6 today. She's already called me twice to tell me all the details and to tell me that it's my turn and I should get this LO moving. I love having people around because the time passes faster, but I wish they would all just ignore that I'm pregnant.

• UGH, yes. My family that lives out of state text me everyday asking how I'm feeling/any contractions/am I dilated (what!?!), etc. SO ANNOYING. I will update you when I have news. I can only say, "nope, nothing's happening today!" so many times. 
  • I perceive it as people trying to be supportive and "concerned" for me, or interested in my big event. It can be annoying, but when I look at it that way I don't feel mad. People don't always realize how they come off, but have good intentions. Sounds like you're just always on the minds of people who love you.
  • ho11ydayho11yday member
    edited April 2014
    My parents spend the night one night every three weeks for my mom's chemo. I normally love seeing my parents but this last time this past Thursday, I just wanted to be left alone. I feel badly because my mom's chemo is not going well and her mental health is suffering so I feel selfish for being stand-offish. But I also just want to be left alone.

I also think it doesn't help that she's been critical of my parenting. For instance, she said my two year old needs to be potty trained. Yes, I agree but I will do it when I'm on leave instead of trying to do it when I'm 9 months pregnant. This is said in context of me being critical of my brother for not maintaining some of our family tradition and I feel as though my mom says these things as a way to point how I'm not perfect either.

EDIT also, anytime I stop suddenly or say anything, people give me this lol and I'm like, it is ok. DH is the worse. today I had some mucus plug fall out and I was just telling DH that I took a shower with DS because DS'S feet were dirty and I had stuff fall out of my vagina. He then asks if everything was ok. I just had to tell him that I'd let him know if something was up. Or my mom called the other day and asked if anything had happened because I hadn't called her in a couple days. She thought I'd surprise them with their grandchild's birth. Um no. I'd do that with being pregnant or DS walking. But not giving birth.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Direct everyone to this website:

https://haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com

By the way to OP, I would LOVE it if just once my husband would ask how I'm feeling! I stubbed my toe today and screamed in pain and even then he didn't ask.
  • MIL came to visit a few days ago.

Apparently she is planning on staying until the end of June.

I was under the impression that it was going to be a week-long visit, and that she would come back a few days after the baby was born - not a 2 MONTH LONG VISIT!

DH doesn't understand that I don't want somebody hanging around waiting for my water to break. (I don't want ANYBODY around except him when I am leaking all kinds of fluids from my nether-regions and contracting every few minutes) He thinks it's great because now I have company...

• @tjkdlhb that sounds awful! I hope you can talk to DH and find a gentle way to exterminate your MIL. I'd go out of my mind. Suddenly a few text messages dont seem so bad. Lol.

Lilypie - (nUwf)

• Ya I'm due in 3 days and the only time my phone goes off is someone asking if I'm in labor....You'll know!!!!!!!!!! I want to run way!
  • I am sick of it as well. I am lots of contractions today and DD is definitely burrowing into my cervix. Everyone is texting and PMing me and I finally turned off all my alerts and put my phone on do not disturb. I am done. I want to concentrate on my contractions and relaxing and keeping calm. I am not in the mood to play 20 questions and listen to advice that I didn't ask for. Leave me alone! I will let my friends and family know when I am damn good and ready.
  • I've started answering all incoming calls from my family with "Have you had that baby yet?". I think they're starting to get the idea...

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yeah I'm 37+4 and so ready to just hibernate until LO comes. My family hasn't been bad but I'm just tired of the same people at the office asking me every day "how do you feel?" And saying "you look ready to pop!" Blah!
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• Ugh 36 weeks tomorrow and I'm sick of all the awkward uncomfortable comments coworkers make in passing in the hall.... "Anyday now", "you're still pregnant?", "wow, she's dropped", "look at you", "you look so cute", you look HUGE"........... I just hide in my office with the door closed all day.
  • This is one upside to having a scheduled RCS. Everybody knows I'm having this baby at 12:30 p.m. on May 22 and that I'm not allowed to risk going into labor because I'm having an ovarian mass removed at the same time. Even the folks at church know there's no need to make predictions, because I've been on the prayer list ever since we found out about the second surgery.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• This! And, what's worse is that I'm working right up until I deliver but needed to cancel a meeting on Thursday due to heavy contractions/ doctor thinking I had 72 hours. Well, I skipped the gory stuff and told my boss there was a chance I couldn't go to our Monday am team outing/cancelations of meetings and now, days later, no baby and have to call and cancel meeting but with no baby. So, in addition to family and friends stalking me, I have some coworker action now. Sick of everyone!
  • I'm sick of everyone thinking they can plan out my labor for me! Mom keeps reminding me of how I can't have the baby until she comes out to visit, MIL wants a specific date and time so that she can plan the day off from work (because it would be way too difficult for her to leave work early and drive the 2.5 miles to the hospital if I went into labor unexpectedly). I have an annoying friend who texts me constantly about my weight gain (that she knows I am sensitive about) and about how she really wants to be there in the waiting room the entire time I am in labor (even though I have expressed MULTIPLE times now that only immediate family will be notified when I go into labor and everyone else will get called when I feel up to having visitors).

And then there are the "about to pop" comments when I am only 35 weeks along, the "are you sure you're going to be able to birth a big baby" comments, the "why would you want a natural birth when there are pain medications that make it easier" comments, and my absolute 'favorite', the "don't complain, it will all be worth it in the end" comments!

In the past nearly 9 months, I've really grown to hate people.

• Why do people act like you're not gonna tell them when the baby is born? It's like they get paranoid that you're gonna keep it a secret. It's ludicrous really.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• The other day my mom asked me like 3 times in the matter of 2 hrs if I would want her at the hospital when I go into labor, or would I want her stay home with my dogs until the baby comes. I told her I have no idea until I'm in that situation. I don't know how many times I can tell her I have no idea until the time comes.

Then on the other hand I have my MIL telling me she's going to start spending the night at my house in case I go into labor she'll be there. I would really like to know why she thinks it's a good idea to stay with me, she's going to be useless. And probably just piss me off while I'm contracting. She doesn't drive on the highway, so it's not like she'll be able to bring me to the hospital, and MH works 10mins from home. And I bet once labor starts I won't be having the baby within 5 mins, so there is no need for her. Just stay the f*ck home and I'll call you, when I decide to call you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"