May 2014 Moms

Quick question!- exercise ball size

I am starting various methods to help induce labor in order to avoid a RCS. I am at the store looking at exercise/birth balls. My height is the cut off between two sizes. I am 5'4, and some websites say 55 cm is best, while others say 65 is best. Does it matter that much as far as what I will be using it for? Which would you buy?

Thanks!
Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Quick question!- exercise ball size

• I'm 5'3" and I've always excercised with the 55 cm one. I have been using that one as well.
  • I like going up a size because I'm well above the average weight for my height (even before baby) and I always sink into the ball more than a lighter person would. So when I buy the size recommended- I always feel like I'm squatting way down instead of properly supported and have a hard time getting on/off the ball.
    Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
  • Loading the player...
  • When you sit on the ball, your quads should be parallel with the ground. If your hips are lower than your knees, you need a bigger ball.
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• 65cm if you want it to be comfortable. You can always deflate it to suit. I'm 5'3" and have a 65cm, which is good up to 5'9". I buy them for a living (sports retail buyer) so don't worry, I'm trustworthy!

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Thanks guys! I am getting a 65 cm. Makes sense that you can deflate it a little if it is too big. Hope it helps. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm the same height and bought a 65 cm ball. The 55 cm seemed way too small!

• DH got me one for Christmas.... we just inflated it today and realized its a 55 cm. Im 5'7" and I def think I need a bigger one... anyone wanna trade?

BabyFruit Ticker

• Just curious... What do you do on the yoga ball to induce labor?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @shaunamw‌ - it won't induce labor per se, but bouncing on it and rotating your hips can help bring baby down. The position you have to adopt opens up your pelvis too, which is why some people like to use it in labor.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Got it thanks! So basically all the same things the different yogo positions are doing. I tried the ball tonight and it is actually pretty com

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"