May 2014 Moms

I asked this a while ago (BH)

WorldsBestDHWorldsBestDH member
edited April 2014 in May 2014 Moms
But it was a while ago.

Anyone else still not have any Braxton hicks or other contractions? I'm not concerned, just curious.

Also, mobile bumping - NOT Kevin.

-talkthewholetime

Look what you did you little jerk!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I asked this a while ago (BH)

• 1) stop mobile humping. Your confusing the shit out of my overly pregnant brain.

2) didn't have a single contraction, practice, real, BH or otherwise until the day I was in labor.
    imageimageimage

• I have not had any contractions or Braxton hicks at all this whole pregnancy.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had none with DS1. I have had a few of what I think are BH this time, but they only come randomly for maybe 20 minutes at a time, usually around dinner. I've only had that happen maybe 3-4 times though.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not yet and I'm 36 weeks
  • Consequently I'm a FTM and have been having them since 21 weeks. Sometimes all day, and I'm only a whopping 1 cm and 50%....
    Womp womp.

Be thankful you don't have to deal with the annoyance.

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• With my first pregnancy I didn't have any BH or contractions. When I went to get induced at 40+5 the nurses monitored me. They told me I was having contractions that where 10 minutes apart last about 30 seconds, I just never felt them. 

With this pregnancy I have been having BH since the second trimester. 

Making the decision to have a child - it is momentous. 
    It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. - Elizabeth Stone
  • Never had any when I was pregnant with DD1. Although the Ob hooked me up to the monitor once and said that I was having BH contractions but I never felt them. This pregnancy I've had them one day for about one hour and that's it.
  • I had absolutely zero anything with DS1. This time I get BH a lot.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• I'm on the fun flip side: been having BH since about 18 weeks. Now at 38 weeks, I'm having painful 'real' contractions about every 10 minutes for days without actively moving towards labor.

It is exhausting.
  • KBowen715 said:

I'm on the fun flip side: been having BH since about 18 weeks. Now at 38 weeks, I'm having painful 'real' contractions about every 10 minutes for days without actively moving towards labor.

It is exhausting.

This is me exactly. I know a couple women who never got them at all though. I think BH are one of those symptoms where it's totally normal either way. The universe likes to keep us on our toes!

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• I'm having BH this time, but I didn't with DD.

• I am 37w1 and have had contractions since 35 weeks-
  • 38 weeks 4 days... I've been getting them very frequently since 2nd trimester. They wake me up at night too.

• With DD, I didn't have any BH or actual contractions until I went into labor at 40 weeks.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Not that I can feel. I've been told I was during a quick trip to L&D around 27 weeks. Sometimes I can touch my belly and it's hard and then releases but nothing that I can really say is BH or a contraction.
  • I'm 36 weeks and haven't had any BH
  • 36 weeks, FTM and I don't think I've had any. There have been a few times I thought my belly felt tighter all over but it didn't feel much different than when she backs her little a$$ up
  • I've read a lot of ftm can have them and never feel them. I never actually felt mine until recently. I could just feel the after math because my belly was hard and it was hard to stand up straight.

It's a BOY

• I had some BH early in second tri where it just felt like my abs were cramping up for a few seconds. It was usually in the morning when I tried to get out of bed. Since like week 24, I haven't felt a thing. I hope my body is still preparing itself.
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I never had a single anything until the day I went into labor with dd. This time I've had BH for a while.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've had bh forever now but not a touch of a "real" contraction also those bh are doing as my stubborn cervix is still closed despite being "due" Thursday
  • I had three days of BH at maybe 32ish weeks, have not had any since that I have felt. At a trip to L&D a month ago they said I was having contractions the whole time I was there, but I never felt a thing.
  • I haven't had any yet. 36+4 days here
  • I've been getting light BHs since about 32 weeks, but they've stepped up a lot over the last 24 hours. I think my body is practicing. My belly was rock hard yesterday evening and I was getting a pain in my back that radiated to my front, but only on the left. I had about 3 in an hour, then they stopped. Started up again this morning though. I'm just thinking "Baby. Either shit or get off the pot".

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"