May 2014 Moms
Options

Baby Miggg Birth Story

Sorry I've been MIA, I figured I'd finally have some free time this week with the semester finally over. Well... I was wrong, Baby Miggg decided to make his arrival instead!

After a week of slacking, I finally got up the motivation to get the gym Monday morning and was mid-workout on the elliptical machine when my water broke. It was the most surreal moment as I tried to figure out why I'd just peed my pants.. So I finished up my workout and..ok just kidding, I'm not quite that crazy. I went home and woke up DH who asked me if I was sure at which point I pointed to the puddle of water at my feet. I ended up going in to the birth center around 11am, dilated to a 4 at that point. By 12:30 I was at a 10 and pushing and by 3:15pm, I was a mom! It was so strange though, I never got what I considered to be contractions in that I never got the whole belly tightening & releasing feeling. It was just like really, really, really bad menstrual cramps. Like menstrual cramps from the depths of hell. My Hypnobabies practice did really help though and my doula was awesome keeping me calm and doing counter pressure etc.

I had considered a water birth but ended up getting out of the tub after about a half hour as I wasn't progressing very well there. We tried a bunch of different positions but it was the birthing stool that ended up being the most effective, if not the most comfortable. Turns out our little troublemaker had his arm up by his head so I had to push out his head and his arm together. DH was amazing throughout the whole day, giving me bites of food and sips of water between each contraction. It was an intense, amazing day and still feels a little surreal, still can't believe this tiny little perfect human is mine to keep!!

Stats:

GA: 38 weeks, 2 days
Weight:8 lb 2 oz
Length: 21.5 in

Labor prep: Hypnobabies course, raspberry leaf tea & dates starting @ 34 weeks, EPO starting @ 36 weeks

photo August3_zps916f669d.jpg

photo August_zps73d94d18.jpg

Re: Baby Miggg Birth Story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"