November 2014 Moms
Options

Hiya.... eeek!

Hi ladies, I decided it's time to finally introduce myself... as you will probably see, I've been a member for quite a long time (originally joined the Knot a long time ago - wishful thinking with an ex that thankfully never panned out, and eventually did find "the one", got hitched and made my way over here).  I lurked TB my entire first pregnancy as I am not a big joiner but I feel like I'm ready to participate this time... take it easy on me!  

I am Canadian, have an adorable 14 month old son, and we are expecting #2 on November 19.  I have been lurking the Nov 14 board since I got my BFP in March, and I feel like I know some of you already!  Hopefully I will be able to participate enough for you to get to know me too.  Being Canadian, my instinct is to be polite but this being my second go-round I feel like I have more to contribute this time and perhaps some stronger opinions as well...

We had our first midwives appointment today (they are amazing), we were there for about an hour catching up, chatting and discussing concerns etc. and I got to hear the heartbeat for the first time, which suddenly made it real that we're having another baby!  Our nuchal ultrasound is on May 9, looking forward to finally getting to see this ravenous little thing that's growing inside me.

Sorry this is so long, I've been waiting a long time to actually post something....!!  Eeeek, here goes...
imageimage

Re: Hiya.... eeek!

• Options
    First post and siggy fail already.  Good sign.
    imageimage

• Options
    Hi and welcome! Congrats on new little one :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats on #2!! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome and congratulations!
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    Hi! You sound a lot like me! I've also been lurking here forever, but I'm not so good at posting/contributing. I'm also seeing a midwife and love mine too. :) I'm always curious when I see midwives mentioned...are you planning a home birth? Hospital? Birth Center?

P.S. my due date according to my charting is also 11/19/14...my LMP disagrees, so I'm 11/15/14 for now ;)
  • Options
    We planned a home birth with our first, then found out he was breech 4 days before due date and ended up making the decision to have a c-section, but I went into labour on my own first.  We are planning to VBAC this time, but where I live the midwives aren't allowed to attend a VBAC at home or birth centre so it's going to be hospital again.

What about you @lovelongdog06? Home? Birth centre?  Hospital?
    imageimage

• Options
    Planning for a home birth, praying baby cooperates and it really happens that way! My midwife even sent me home with a birth kit today...seemed early, but made things feel real.
  • Options
    I hope your home birth works out!  It was really devastating when we found out DS was breech, but in the end I really believe everything worked out exactly how it was supposed to.  I loved going through our birth kit, I remember thinking "a fish net? what the hell is that for?!" 
    imageimage

• Options
    Welcome!

I'm Canadian, too...   Planning a VBAC with midwives.  (Secretly hoping for an HBAC.  I want the MW to get to the house and say "No time to go to the hospital!  You are having this baby right here and now...."   Aaaah, one can dream.)

Where (approximately) do you live?  East, West, somewhere in the middle, or way up north?
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Options

Welcome!

I'm Canadian, too...   Planning a VBAC with midwives.  (Secretly hoping for an HBAC.  I want the MW to get to the house and say "No time to go to the hospital!  You are having this baby right here and now...."   Aaaah, one can dream.)

Where (approximately) do you live?  East, West, somewhere in the middle, or way up north?
    I'm in Alberta, and secretly hoping for an HBAC as well!!!  My labour was only 5 hours long with DS (was in transition by the time we hit the operating room), so this one could very well come even faster.  Where are you in Canada?
    imageimage

• Options
    Hi! I have a 19 month old and I will also be attempting a VBAC. Congratulations and welcome!
    BabyFruit Ticker

photo a127152b-984e-439e-89ea-e1171e65f4b4_zps179f42c8.jpg
  • Options
    I totally had to go dig through my birth kit to see if I got a fish net too...none in mine, but I do know what it's for. Maybe I'll get one when I order my birth tub. I may not show DH this kit for a while, I don't want to terrify him quite yet. :-P
  • Options
    Ok, now I want to know what the fish net is for!

Also OP welcome & congrats!  I usually lurk more than I post too, but this board seems pretty friendly overall.
    TTC #1 9/11-12/12, 9/12 Dx: Hypothyroid + DOR (AMH .76), IUI #1 & #2 BFN's
    1/13 Decided to pursue DIA, 4/13 Home study Approved 9/13 Matched!
    10/13 DS home with us! 2/14 TPR completed  5/14 ADOPTION IS FINAL!
    3/14 Surprise BFP 11/14 DD is here!
  • Options
    mussalynn said:

Welcome!

I'm in Alberta, and secretly hoping for an HBAC as well!!!  My labour was only 5 hours long with DS (was in transition by the time we hit the operating room), so this one could very well come even faster.  Where are you in Canada?

We are in Vancouver.  No true winter...  but we pay for it!   ;)
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Options
    Welcome!
  • Options
    Another fellow Canadian!!  Welcome and congrats :)  I'm about as far East as you can go, in the Maritimes, New Brunswick to be exact.
    dancing animated GIF
    N14 November Siggy Challenge - Celebration
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerimageBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Welcome and congrats, northern neighbor!
  • Options
    Congrats on baby #2! :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats!
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    Welcome to the party!
    Anniversary

TTC: 3/23/2013, BFP: 2/28/2014, EDD: 11/6/2014, ADD: 11/7/2014

TTC: 2/1/2016, BFP: 3/4/2017, EDD: 11/11/2017, No HB @ 8 weeks, MC: 4/8/2017
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTC: 5/24/2017, BFP: 4/14/2018, EDD: 12/22/2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats & Welcome! :D
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! Glad you decided to join us! :)

Nov. '14 January Siggy : Work Sucks!

Me 32-DH 38

Married July 14, 2007  ----- TTC # 1 October 1, 2013
    BFP   March 7, 2014  -----  EDD November 17, 2014 ---- Baby boy born November 16, 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"