Trying to Get Pregnant

just want some opinons

I am on cycle #1 day 25 and I am driving myself crazy analyzing every "symptom" trying to decide if it's PMS or what.  I've been doing this all month- wondering when I ovulated and if I ovulated and what not.  I am a newlywed and full time working mom with a wonderful 5 year old daughter.  I thought since I have such a busy life that I wouldnt think much about it this time around. I was wrong.In your opinon  Does charting help you to obsess less since you have a better idea of when you ovulate? Or does charting make you obsess more?  Trying to decide if it's worth charting next cycle (provided I didn't get super lucky and concieve this cycle) 
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: just want some opinons

• I have a history of crazy psychosomatic symptoms (full blown ms, aversions, skipped af etc). Probably a big UO here, but I am waiting to start in with charting etc for at least a few more months because anything like that exacerbates them for me...but I'm sure that everybody is different. Good luck, hope it ends up good news for you.
    15-weeks-pregnant-baby-sizePregnancy Week 15: 
    You obviously made it to
    home, congrats! Your baby
    is the size of a baseball. 

DS1 July 2012
    MC February 2014
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Charting tells you if/when you ovulate so you know when to expect your period, so I definitely think in my case, it makes me obsess much less. If you think you may still overanalyze every temp, you can even temp until ovulation is confirmed and you're satisfied with your temp shift then put the thermometer away until after your period.

You will see reeeeeeeally early on that pregnancy symptoms mimic PMS symptoms, and that none of them mean anything until a positive test. It's best not to overthink them. Find a new hobby or exercise or read a book or something to get your mind off of it! :) Good luck.
  • Charting is waaaaay less stressful then the unknown.
    imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I agree with what everyone else said. For me TTC has been way less stressful since I started charting/temping (and I only started charting/temping about 2 weeks ago). I feel like if I can't control when my body decides to O, I should at least be able to know when it happened! Removing some of the guesswork from TCC has made me feel more confident in the process. 

Married since June 2010 | TTC January 2014-July 2014 | BFP #1 - 7/22/14 | EDD - 4/2/15

image   image   
    BabyFruit Ticker 

• I chart using only OPKs for now. They've accurately predicted ovulation for me thus far and when I input the positive OPK into fertility friend it's always been accurate about when to expect my period. SO FAR being the key phrase here. I'm aware this could change at any moment since OPKs aren't as reliable as temping to confirm ovulation. You should use both if you really want to know for sure. I may start temping in a few cycles.

Everyone is different. As long as you don't come here bitching about how you're "always regular like clockwork" then it doesn't matter what you do. Just know what your best and most reliable options are and see what fits best with your life. Hands down, temping will be your most reliable way of confirming ovulation and knowing exactly when to expect your period rather than guessing or assuming
  • charting has definitely cut down on the stress. I also found out some very important info! For all of my previous TTC cycles we stopped HIO way too early, by temping I found out that I ovulate CD19 (or later). I don't know when I'll get my BFP but it will def be thanks to temping and knowing for sure when I actually ovulate! I still obsess but at least I obsess using science haha!
  • I actually stress out about charting a bit....because I think about when, when, when am I going to ovulate?! But you know what it gives me? The peace of mind that I AM ovulating. I'm no spring chicken (will be 35 yr old in August) so it's imperative for me to not waste time...if I didn't temp, I could be having annovulatory cycles and not even know it, and that could have me wasting precious time. So while yeah, I obsess over my chart, I would obsess more if I didn't do it. Hope my ramblings make sense. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 37 DH: 38 
    BFP #1 3/17/11 - DS born 12/4/11
    TFAS Dec 2013
    BFP #2 - 3/23/14 - CP 3/26/14
    BFP #3 - 8/20/14 - Natural Miscarriage 9/22/14
    BFP #4 - 1/28/15 - DS2 born 10/13/15
    Surprise BFP# 5 - 9/2/16 - Due 5/13/17

• I like to chart because I like to know what's going on with my body and keep track of when I ovulate to better time sex. If you have an obsessive personality, you are going to obsess whether you are charting or not.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    TTC #1 since October 2013
    Married since September 2011
    Me and DH are both 29
    BFP 2/10/14 resulting in CP at 4w3d
    BFP 6/8/14 resulting in CP at 5w6d
    BFP 7/20/14 EDD: 4/2/15. It's a GIRL!
  • I started charting with my daughter but stopped after 3 months because I found I was obsessing.  I couldn't seem to enter the information right and it was always off 2 or 3 days. When I stopped, it helped to take the stress off and just enjoy each other.  I am not going to chart this time.  I am lucky and my body does a good job of letting me know when I am ovulating.  Good luck and just have fun!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"