Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Question about bleeding

My baby is almost a week old! I love her so much.  This is the most amazing feeling every. 

Anyways, I was just wondering how long I should be expecting to bleed down there....  It has slowed down.  I am just wondering how long to expect aunt flow.  

Thanks

Re: Question about bleeding

• Options
    I went without any protection today around the house. It's 2 wks today. I bled for 6 wks with my VBAC a year ago. I bled for 2-3wks with my c/s 3 yrs ago. It varies from person to person and from pregnancy to pregnancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In totally about 3 weeks. I had a natural birth and I tore a bit. The first 2 weeks was like I had my period over and over again, the 3rd week was more yellowish discharge but wasn't all the time. It will go away eventually!! And it more then likely is different for everyone!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    thanks!
  • Options
    Mine also came back after a few days when I became more active.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    3-4weeks. I would have days where I had no bleeding then it would pick up again. Im 6w now no AF yet.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 11w pp, and the bleeding continued on and off for about 7weeks. Then, i had my bc placed, and i have been spotting since then. It has been pretty ridiculous here!

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• Options
    AlikiAliki member
    My OBGYN says it's normal to bleed as long as 9 weeks postpartum, but it really varies from person to person. Some people bleed for only a week, some can bleed for 3 months! 

However, if you have an INCREASE in bleeding, that is a sign to call your OBGYN.

TTC #1 since 2007. Dx: Unexplained infertility. 4 IUIs in 2008 = BFN. IVF #1 07/09. DD #1 born April 2010 (40w5d).
    TTC #2 since 2011. Dx: Endometriosis and hypothyroidism. 2 FETs in 2012, BFP 6/12 but m/c @ 7 weeks. IVF #2 06/13. DD #2  born March 2014 (40w1d).
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I consistently needed to wear at least a pantyliner for 6 weeks.  Then at 7 weeks I took a really long walk and bled again for a day or two until it finally went away for good.
    Mother to Emmy, born February 2014
  • Options
    My experience was that I bled for 3 weeks total. I started my first period on April 25th, and I believe this is the last day of bleeding. This is my fourth baby, and I had a vbac with no tearing. I also BF for 3 weeks. I still wear a pantyliner, although I really don't need to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"