September 2014 Moms
Options

Where did my "2nd trimester energy boost" go?

So ummmmm these women who tell me that I'm supposed to get all energetic and feeling awesome in the 2nd trimester..... They lied. That is all.

Someone insert an appropriate gif.... I'm useless and can't.

Re: Where did my "2nd trimester energy boost" go?

• Options
    Amen sister!
  • Options
    Same here!! I don't remember being this tired with DS!!
    View Full Size Image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I felt normal in 2nd tri with my first pregnancy. No extra energy, but being over morning sickness and exhaustion was great, and the aches and pains of 3rd tri hadn't set in yet.

It might be that I'm bigger this time, or that I'm running around after an active 3 year old, but holy crap. I'm tired and sore and just ready to be done. It sucks when I realize I have another freaking 4.5 months to go. 
    :((

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm exhausted! And I feel like my belly can't stretch any more than it has. (Clearly incorrect.) we still have (hopefully) 16+weeks to go!!!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2014

I actually feel pretty great.

However, my inability to do anything the first trimester, while watching my husband do everything around the house has rendered me totally lazy. My energy is up, I am just opting not to use it much, lol :D My mind has a million and one things I want to do, but the flesh is totally not interested in doing anything other than watching House marathons on Netflix on Saturday mornings.

• Options

Sorry guys I ate it.

Bitch.... I knew it was you mermz! Lol
  • Options
    Yep. At 3pm, I hit a wall and I'm just done. Also, my body thinks that sleeping less than 10-11 hours is unacceptable
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
  • Options
    I feel like sh*t.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I had a few weeks where I wasn't exhausted. Maybe 12-15 weeks. Now I'm uncomfortable and can't sleep at night. I've resorted to naps in my car during my lunch break a few times. Sad, right? A security person knocked on my window yesterday to make sure I was okay. Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I sometimes have extra energy on Saturdays but that's about it. Still
    waiting for the burst to come!

BabyFruit Tickerimage

• Options
    Seriously! I haven't felt sick, but I'm still tired everyday. I could sleep from 8pm to 10 am daily.
  • Options
    I've resigned myself to the fact that it's not coming this time. I guess having a toddler automatically negates the 2nd tri energy burst.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

I actually feel pretty great.

However, my inability to do anything the first trimester, while watching my husband do everything around the house has rendered me totally lazy. My energy is up, I am just opting not to use it much, lol :D My mind has a million and one things I want to do, but the flesh is totally not interested in doing anything other than watching House marathons on Netflix on Saturday mornings.

We are best friends. ;)

• Options
    I don't have the energy to do much since I work 40 hours a week, other then my sex drive has went thru the roof! Lol plus I'm still recovery from surgery last month to have my appendix out. I'm always ready for nap time
  • Options
    wpatxwpatx member
    I am beginning to feel the same, but it feels different this time...like the lack of energy is preventable, I just can't always prevent it.

First trimester it was a struggle because NOTHING got me over the hump of feeling tired...I felt like I could barely function.

I went about 4 weeks with really good energy, and now I'm at a point where it feels like my body requires so much more energy to function.  I need more frequent meals and they need to be even more nutritious than before, or else I just can't sustain a good level of energy.  If I am able to get 8 hours of sleep, eat a good breakfast, eat a good mid morning small meal, eat a good lunch, eat a good afternoon small meal and then a good dinner...none more than 3 hours apart, I am fine.  But if I'm late even a little on a meal...it's like the energy is out the door and I can't get it back.

Something I've been doing lately that sort of "gets me going" is just walking...walking for as long as I can with a big bottle of water around my neighborhood.  Even if I feel like crap and I'm exhausted, if I'm outside walking around and forcing myself to fight through it, when I get home, I sometimes feel a lot better.

Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had energy for about week 12 to 14 after that it was gone. Im guessing having 2 active children doesnt help the energy either. But i find eating as healthy as i can helps and naps when u can. I went home for lunch yesterday. Laid down on couch while talking to DH and fell asleep for 45 min. Apparently i was tired. Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"