September 2014 Moms
Options

Name Help! Middle name for Preston?

We are having a boy (yay -one of each!), but my husband and I can barely agree on any names!  The only name we consistently both like is Preston, but we are having trouble with the middle name.  We have a two-syllable last name ending in -man so we're thinking a one-syllable or possibly three-syllable middle name would flow best.  My husband is very picky about the sound of the initials too.  For example, I like the name Everett but he doesn't like PE together (crazy).  James and Joseph are out because he doesn't want him called PJ (we know someone named PJ who we don't like).  We're not big fans of it with Charles (although it's a nice short middle name) and we think Lee might be a little bland (but that's a possibility). My husband's name is Christopher, so is a contender.  We both love the name Michael but we think it may be too many 2-syllable names together.  Any input or ideas are appreciated!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Name Help! Middle name for Preston?

• Options
    I like either a 1 or 3 syllable name to separate the 2 syllable first and last - Christopher is a great one! How about Sean/Shawn, Scott, Benjamin, or Anthony?

imageimage

• Options

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    biokitty42biokitty42 member
    edited April 2014
    Preston Gabriel?  That's what popped into my head.

Edited: Posted too soon
  • Options
    I really like Preston James which was my initial thought then I saw it mentioned in @MrsLaLaBug link with the OP not liking originally then later deciding on.  What are some of your family names?  
    Big Brother Nolan 07.30.12
  • Options
    Right when I saw the title I thought Preston Michael but I see you aren't convinced on that. I think Preston is a great name that will serve your LO well in childhood as well as as an adult!! Preston James, Preston Scott, Preston Dean

• Options
    Preston Miles Immediately came to mind. I love Preston.
  • Options
    Our top boy name is Preston as well :) such a beautiful name.

Preston Matthew
    Preston Terrance
    Preston Scott
    Preston Noah
    Preston Ryan
    ----

• Options
    Lurking from A14. We are naming our little one Preston James (James after H). Yay for another Preston mommy. I had the same concern about PJ because I hate two initial nicknames. After expressing my concerns one of my close friends reminded me most people won't know the middle name and they will only call him PJ if you call him that first. I have told all of my friends and family there will be no PJ references.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for the suggestions!  Right now we're leaning towards Preston Alexander, because it goes well with our last name and because it's my brother's middle name so it has some family connection.  That's a good point about the middle name in the PP - people won't necessarily know the middle name and won't call him PJ unless it's an established nickname.  I agree it sounds great together.  If my husband would agree, I'd go with it! :)  For now, it's Alexander.  
  • Options
    I like Preston Alexander!
  • Options
    Preston Scott was my immediate thought like a few PP
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"