August 2012 Moms

FitBit Users

I think I'm going to ask for a FitBit for mother's day.  I know, it's probably an odd thing to ask for.  But my DH has zero creativity when it comes to gifts.  And I am thinking about getting a FitBit anyway, so why not kill two birds with one stone!  LOL!

I was thinking about using the FitBit and joining MyFitness Pal, and then cancel my weight watchers online subscription (since I haven't tracked in months!)

Anyway, I know you FitBit users have shared info beofre.  But I was curious which models you have?  Do you like them?  What do you like?  What don't you like?  Why did you get that model versus a differant model (or versus a differant brand)?  Now that you've been using it, do you wish you got a differant model?  Do you like that it tracks your sleep?  (I could totally use that as leverage to show DH how little sleeo I get!  LOL!).  Can they track your temperature?  (I've also been lazy about tracking my temperature every morning, so if it tracked temperature, that would totally ROCK!)  Do you have to pay a subscription for FitBit?

Any info you can provide would be awsome!  TIA 

My Journey to Motherhood
Me 36, DH 42
7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
TTC Since January 2009
Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Girl # 2
TTC Since June 2013
Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
EDD 10/15/16
At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: FitBit Users

• I had it. I loved it. And I plan to purchase again in the future. Bosses basically broke it all down for you, and she's the one who talked to me about getting one as well. Why I got rid of it is a lonnnggg story that has nothing to do with the fitbit.
    Shane 8/19/12 Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • SJandVASJandVA member
    edited April 2014
    ;) Bosses- I like that I feel sometimes like I sound as though I'm a walking add for certain things (fitbit, certain Lululemon products), but I don't recommend things unless I would buy them again and again and again. Fitbit has definitely proven to me to be a valuable product and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone who thinks they could benefit from a visual weight loss tool. If this thing broke tomorrow- I would be at the store first thing for a new one.
    This is a true statement, The part about being a walking ad. I had never heard of either until you. :)
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a flex too. I like it! I don't sleep track with it only because it's too depressing lol.
  • Hahaha. Stupid autocorrect. At least you knew what I meant. ;-)
    Shane 8/19/12 Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Thanks ladies!  Espchally @BPaws (I mean Boss Lady!  LOL!).  I was eyeing up the FitBit Force.  It's basically the Flex but it has a display with time and other info.  I like that ... BUT apparently it was recalled bacause 1.7% of users had skin irritation.  Arg!  There is no info about when it might be "re-released".  And I don't want to wait for a year for it to come out.  But also I don't want to buy the Flex and then 2 weeks later they fianlly re-release the Force!  KWIM!

Decisions ... decisions ...

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

• One more question ... when you use your FitBit with MyFitness Pay, which interface do you end up looking at?  Do you look at both?  Do you just look at MyFitnessPal?  When you say they sinc, I understand that the info from the FitBit inports into MyFitnessPal, but does what you enter in MyFitnessPal inport into the Fitbit interface?

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    EDD 10/15/16

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"