November 2014 Moms
Options

Maternity clothes poll

edited April 2014 in November 2014 Moms
Have you started wearing maternity clothes yet?

Maternity clothes poll 219 votes

YES! It's all I wear. Comfy, party of one.
16% 37 votes
A few pieces here and there.
44% 98 votes
No way, I'm staying in my normal clothes as long as possible.
32% 72 votes
**Special Snowflake**
5% 12 votes

Re: Maternity clothes poll

• Options
    Before getting my BFP I was losing weight - about 35 lbs total. I saved all of my larger clothes knowing they would come in handy for early pregnancy and probably some time post partum. I still wear my normal clothes, but on the days where the bloat is bad I am wearing my fat clothes.

• Options
    I am pear shaped. I buy pants to fit my butt, hips, and thighs. They tend to be a little loose in the waist (belts are my friend). So even with my bloat, most of my prepregnancy pants are still comfortable. I just have to loosen the belt or not wear it at all.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm staying in my clothes as long as I can because once the belly pops there's no going back.

• Options
    Mostly just pants right now. My regular pants fit when I need them to. Otherwise I have moved to yoga/stretchy/maternity pants at home. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

BabyFruit Ticker 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    Just a few pairs of pants. The thought of putting pressure on my ute right now makes me want to puke.
  • Options
    I voted Yes b/c I only wear maternity pants, but no shirts yet. I did wear a dress one day. I think I may need to start wearing the shirts soon too, but then there will be no hiding it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

I am down to 2 pair of regular jeans that I can wear.  Other than that,  its maternity pants, or belly band.  

I ordered some "new, and new without tags"   shirts from Ebay.   Cheap ones.    I got 5 all together,  only 2 have delivered so far.   they are both Old Navy,  Medium.   They are HUGE.    I know I will probably need alot of material to cover my belly towards the end,  but these things are like moo moos.....ha ha!

The other ones I have coming are different name brands,  so hopefully they are not quite as big.

Nov. '14 January Siggy : Work Sucks!

Me 32-DH 38

Married July 14, 2007  ----- TTC # 1 October 1, 2013
    BFP   March 7, 2014  -----  EDD November 17, 2014 ---- Baby boy born November 16, 2014

• Options
    I voted SS.  I haven't started wearing maternity because my normal clothes are still fitting just fine... but the moment it gets uncomfortable, I will be all over maternity pants.  So, I'm not opposed to maternity clothes, I just don't have a need yet.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I voted maternity.  I feel like I don't look very good in my regular clothes right now.  Also, I tend to gain weight in my midsection anyway so the maternity pants are, like, the most comfortable thing ever.  I bought some maternity maxi dresses at Old Navy too.  I'm having trouble with my belly band and wondering if ordered the wrong size.  It seems really bulky or something.

• Options
    I voted SS because while I have not started wearing maternity clothes yet I am living in stretchy skirts/dresses for work. Thankfully, my weekend jeans are still ok with an elastic band :)
  • Options
    Maternity pants all the way!!! I love them because they are so very comfy. I have 4 different ones I go between. I was trying to wear all my other pants because they still do fit but they dig into my tummy when I sit down. I tried the belly band but I hated it. I am still wearing all of my pre-preg shirts though. I was thinking that I will treat myself to the longer/maternity ones here pretty soon just because. :) I figured that I might as well embrace it and be comfortable.

Me 32 and DH 40

Fur-baby named Bella

1 MC Nov. 2013

DD born Nov. 2, 2014

Little 2 EDD Oct. 1 

• Options
    I wear maternity pants all the time and some days I wear my smaller maternity tops, but I'm also carrying twins.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Options
    dr_prdr_pr member
    I actually get a lot of my regular shirts in the maternity section because they fit my long torso better than the ones in the non-maternity section!  So I've actually been wearing maternity clothes since well before my BFP.  That said, I have started to wear maternity jeans, because even my fat jeans are uncomfortable by the end of the day now.

• Options
    I voted no way - but it's kind of a lie.

I did go and get two "maternity" tank tops from Target... but they really are just like regular tank tops just longer.  And I bought one black jersey maternity dress, but I only got it so I could start taking belly pictures all in the same outfit.  So I don't count that either! 

:P
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers      Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    runningmama14runningmama14 member
    edited April 2014
    SS here, I'm not wearing my normal work clothes anymore. My slim fit work pants were killing me by the end of the day. However, I just went up a size in normal pants (borrowed from a friend), so still not in maternity clothes. Last weekend, my regular jeans fit, guess I'll see if they still do tomorrow night!

Same friend I borrowed pants from just dropped off a huge load of maternity clothes. I'll need to sort through those. They will probably look very tempting pretty soon!

Edit-spelling

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I broke out a couple pairs of maternity jeans. I wanted comfort.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I've got a lot of my maternity shirts from DD in my closet, I've worn them occasionally with my jeans so I can hide how tight they are! I have a pair of maternity pants for work, but I've only worn them once or twice. My work pants were a little big to begin with. My jeans on the other hand -- I almost can't breathe in them! I live in sweatpants at home.
    Number One: Born 06.16.2009
    BFP: 01.17.2014 / MC 02.05.2014
    BFP: 03.08.2014 / MMC: 05.07.2014
    Dx: Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
    Currently on the bench. [Chart]

• Options
    Maternity pants all the way... And loose tops or layers on the top since we're hiding this till week 13 and i def have a sizeable bump already. I had to break out the prego pants at about 6-7 weeks this time around.
  • Options
    venussapphirevenussapphire member
    edited April 2014
    dr_pr said:
    I actually get a lot of my regular shirts in the maternity section because they fit my long torso better than the ones in the non-maternity section!  So I've actually been wearing maternity clothes since well before my BFP.  That said, I have started to wear maternity jeans, because even my fat jeans are uncomfortable by the end of the day now.
    I like longer shirts too. I picked up some maternity tank tops at target. They are so comfy!! They don't have any telling rouching (?) so you can't tell they are maternity. but they are long which i like. and cheap. After baby i'm going to keep wearing and buying them.

I mostly wear comfy clothes because i am at home with my daughter. Plus thanks to morning sickness I've lost weight. So I haven't started to show or bloat yet. Which makes me sad because I am so excited to again and thought I would soon since this is baby #2. 
    Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm still in regular clothes. I had put on some  weight (20 lb) when starting grad school and had just recently lost most of it before getting pregnant. Fortunately, I was too cheap to buy new jeans (I'd just wear them with belts) so I have a bunch of jeans that I can wear without belts now.

That being said, I did order a few things from gap recently, but I'm going to wear regular clothes for as long as possible.

TTC 3/2012; IUI 2/26/14; EDD 11/23/14; DD born 11/21/14!!!
  • Options
    To be fair, I work from home and have mostly been in pajama pants lately. I ordered some things during that Gap sale earlier this week and can't wait to try them on - even the elastic waist on my jammies is starting to get a little tight!
    Nov' 14 April Siggy Challenge- Baby Animals 
    BFP: 3/25/14, EDD: 11/29/14. The bean is a GIRL!
    PUPPEEZ! image

BabyFruit Ticker 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    No, but I did buy a ton of bigger sized long maxi skirts and I wear those to work everyday.
  • Options
    I voted SS because while I'm still in my regular pants, I think I'm going to start using my belly bands tomorrow. I have to unbutton pretty much every pair of pants I own when I sit down because they're so damn tight.
    BFP 2.22.14 | EDD 11.2.14 | DS 11.7.14

• Options
    I haven't bought anything maternity yet, but my SIL gave me a garbage bag full of maternity clothes tonight, so I'll be wearing them soon :)
  • Options
    Maternity jeans, my work pants aren't too uncomfortable yet. I just ordered a couple shirts and yoga pants and got them today. The yoga pants are fantastic.

Dx: Endometriosis (2010), PCOS (2013)

TTC since 8/2012

BFP 3/9/2014  Femara 7mg + trigger. EDD 11/20/2014

http://amycookiemonster.blogspot.com

• Options
    I pulled out all of my maternity clothes around 6 weeks and haven't looked back! It is all about comfort for me.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't gained any weight yet but have noticed things feeling tighter so I've been making due with the hair tie trick & belly bands so far.  I did buy one pair of maternity jeans a few weeks ago that I've been wearing on the weekends but they're kinda big on me right now.  I have a surprising number of very flowy shirts in my "normal" stuff, so I don't even know how much I'll really need maternity shirts anyways.

I think I may have started a Craigslist addiction this week!  I was hoping to find some cheap maternity stuff to get started with and use for camping/weekends this summer.  I've ended up buying 2 big boxes of stuff in the last few days.  $80 has never gone so far before.... now I have like 30+ shirts and 15+ pants/skirts/leggings.  But I want to buy more!
    TTC #1 9/11-12/12, 9/12 Dx: Hypothyroid + DOR (AMH .76), IUI #1 & #2 BFN's
    1/13 Decided to pursue DIA, 4/13 Home study Approved 9/13 Matched!
    10/13 DS home with us! 2/14 TPR completed  5/14 ADOPTION IS FINAL!
    3/14 Surprise BFP 11/14 DD is here!
  • Options
    This week I started wearing my regular jeans with the belly bands along with some maternity shirts and dresses. I am looking forward to warmer weather, I love being able to just throw on a dress and be done with it.
    BabyFruit Ticker

photo a127152b-984e-439e-89ea-e1171e65f4b4_zps179f42c8.jpg
  • Options
    I look like I'm about four months along. Been in maternity clothes since six weeks! I'm a pretty petite person, and the doctor says that's just how I carry. Similar experience during my first pregnancy.
  • Options
    As of yesterday I have decided that I'll pick up some maternity pants this weekend for sure. I have had it with my tight pants causing me stomach pain. I have had to actually unzip my pants all the way while in the car to give myself some temporary relief. So sad.
    DH & Me 33 ~ Married 2013 ~ DD 2014 ~ EDD 8/24/19
  • Options
    Special snowflake - I cannot wear my normal jeans and haven't been able to since 10 weeks. I could technically still wear them then, I could button them, but they were so incredibly uncomfortable, and forget sitting down in them. So I switched to demi panel maternity jeans, and honestly I think I'll wear these post-pregnancy. Full panel maternity jeans still feel weird to me, but I'll switch when I get bigger.

I wear scrub pants for work (I am a dessert chef, they are better than chef's pants), and I still wear my normal scrub pants and hope I can keep wearing them throughout my pregnancy, because I do not want to buy maternity scrubs.

As for tops, I can still wear most of my regular tops, but have a few maternity tops that I have worn already.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I voted no, but not because I plan to stay in regular clothes for as long as possible. I fully intend to switch in the next few weeks. Honestly, I am just so disinterested in shopping lately... Which is never ever a thing for me. I even like to grocery shop, cause I am weird that way. FTR, I haven't done any actual, full on grocery shop in three weeks. I just run in and grab what we can't live without. But soon I'll have to get supplies, and new clothes. A larger bra is on the horizon for me asap, my poor tatas need some breathing room.

One thing I am looking forward too in more comfy pants. When I am not at work, I have been rocking the dress and leggings look, because all but two pair of jeans are super tight. I rarely ever wear dresses, but the looseness is a god send until I get off my lazy bum and put the effort into maternity wear.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I broke out maternity jeans yesterday. I've had them hanging in my closet just waiting for me to break down and be comfy. Honestly I've mostly been running around in my undies (I work from home most of the time). When I have to go into public I've been stretching my regular clothes as much as possible (at times literally), but many of my shirts will no longer contain my boobs & I'm down to a single pair of jeans that will even come close to buttoning. So. I voted a few pieces here & there, but I anticipate full-blown mat wear in my very near future.
  • Options
    Yup, this was my FFFC today.  I could probably still wear my uniforms for work, but the maternity clothes are more comfortable and I'm not so self conscious in them, so I made the switch today.  With my first LO I gained 40lbs exactly and it was spread out over the pregnancy, but I remember switching at the end of first tri.  I've lost 9 lbs so far this pregnancy and I am fighting to get stuff to fit at this point.  There's definitely truth to the popping earlier with subsequent pregnancies.
     TTC #1 since June 2008
    M/C @ 6 weeks 12/31/2008, Ectopic @ 6 weeks on 4/23/2010
    Diagnosed Unexplained 11/2009-DH is fine-I don't get AF
    Cycle #22 - 1/27/11 - IUI #1 & Injections - BFP! - DS born 11/11/11 
    TTC#2 - 2/24/14 - IUI & Injections - BFP! - EDD 11/29/14
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I only bought one maternity item and that's my belly band. Any pants that have the button above the belly button I need it for. Not gonna lie I feel more fat than pregnant at this point but alteast I can still wear my normal clothes
  • Options
    I seem to still be wearing my normal clothes. I don't think my baby bump started showing until yesterday. Now I'm worried that I'm going to explode before I get a chance to get some new clothes.FYI I live in BFE, so we only have a Walt-mart and Kmart in our town. Hopefully I can wait until next weekend for a shopping trip to the city.  
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I went to Old Navy on my lunch break today and tried on some maternity jeans - the Demi panel kind. They were really loose around the waist so the waist band just kinda hung there and looked funny. I was also surprised that the front pockets weren't real.

I didn't but the jeans but did get some comfy no maternity sweatpants for $9. I will be wearing them a lot!

• Options
    sj+cm131 said:

I was also surprised that the front pockets weren't real.

YES!!! I'm absolutely lost without pockets! I don't carry a purse & my wallet phone case just bit the dust, so that realization was not pleasant.
    Glad I only paid $8 at the consignment shop for 'em... that's burn-worthy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"