Stay at Home Moms
Options

Minivan Moms-Honda Odyssey

irishgrl317irishgrl317 member
edited April 2014 in Stay at Home Moms
So, four months in to 4 kids, we've decided it's time to bite the bullet and get a minivan. We've looked at used Odysseys in the past and always noticed the leather cracking.  We noticed this on my BIL's Odyssey as well within a year of him buying it.  It was kept outside in the Texas heat, though, so I'm sure that played a big part.

I have a Pilot right now with cloth and I love the cloth, but am not a fan of the cloth they use these days.  It seems really cheap.  So, we are looking at a touring edition.

If you have an Odyssey, do you have cloth or leather? How is it holding up? Does it hold up well to kids and carseats?

ETA: I hope I don't offend anyone by calling the cloth interior cheap. It just doesn't seem to be the same quality cloth they used a few years ago. I feel the same way about Honda leather, btw. I have seen much nicer leather in older, cheaper vehicles.
Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Minivan Moms-Honda Odyssey

• Options
    I'm in AZ so its super hot. We have cloth because of it. Our odyssey is a 2010 and it has held up really well and does not seem cheap at all. I let my kids eat in the car and it cleans easily too. Good luck in your search. I seriously love my odyssey and I think you'll be happy no matter what.
    Gabriel 11/04/09 Vincent 9/17/11 Grace 8/02/13
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply! I'm not sure when they changed the cloth, so you might have the same style that we have in our Pilot.  The cloth in the 2014 is actually really soft and comfortable; it just doesn't seem as thick as what we have in our Pilot. I guess that's why I thought it felt cheaper. Glad to know you like it and it's help up nicely!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh maybe. I've never seen a 2014 but it seemed the same in the 2013 we looked at. 
  • Options
    BTW now I'm so jealous. Now that I have 3 kids a brand new odyssey touring is my dream car (LOL my how times have changed)
  • Options
    I have an 07 touring elite with gray leather and no issues with cracking. I'm in Illinois so it gets extreme cold & heat. The car seats installed correctly leave indents in the seat but once the car seat is removed they go away pretty quickly. I love this van and will not get anything different. Well except a newer model eventually;)
  • Options
    Lurker here. We have an 08 odyssey that we bought in 12 and the leather looks great. The van has been in NC it's whole life.

TTC since September 2009.

IVF #2: +HPT 2/6/12! ~ Boy/Girl Twins!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a 2013 with cloth interior and I am perfectly happy with it. I didn't think it was worth springing for the extra cash for leather.

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

• Options
    Yes I have the PAC run flat tires and I just replaced them last fall. $1500 for 4 tires.:(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"