Pregnant after IF
Options

Terrible night

Last night I woke up around 11:15 to use the bathroom, I have been peeing constantly all day.  When I got to the toilet I felt a gush, I thought I had peed my pants (which I couldn't believe) but when I took my pants off I was covered in blood.  I sat down on the toilet and passed a tennis ball size blood clot.  Needless to say I freaked.  I called the doctor on call and he said he was concerned I was bleeding so heavy.  He suggested if the bleeding continues at that rate to go to the ER but if it slows down to hold off until the office opens tomorrow and see a doctor in the practice.  I struggled with what to do but I decided to wait it out (with the agreement that if it got worse we would head to the ER).  WHAT A LONG NIGHT!

I got to see a doctor this morning and also had an ultrasound.  There was the baby jumping around without a care.  What a roller coaster.  Heart rate measuring 175 which the doctor was really pleased about but it was only measuring 9w6d when I should be 10w6d based on all the other ultrasounds from my RE.  The doctor said as long as it was within a 10 day window they weren't concerned.  I was told to take it easy until Monday and I go back next Thursday for a follow up.  The doctor also said he doesn't know why I was bleeding and we might never know. 

Should I be concerned that its measuring a week behind?
DS born @32 weeks with IUGR and a heart defect.  Passed away May 2015
DD born July 2016
TTC #3

Re: Terrible night

• Options
    So sorry you are dealing with this. The bleeding sounds scary. I wouldn't be as worried about measuring behind with such a strong heartbeat as I would if there were other signs of trouble. I've definitely seen ladies with the same issue who have had successful pregnancies. Good luck.
  • Options
    I would take the great heartbeat and not worry so much about measuring behind. Babies go through growth spurts at different times and might just not have had one yet or the person measuring could have been off. I never measured on track but the baby always had great heartbeats. I'm sorry your dealing with this scariness.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. That sounds absolutely terrifying. The heart beat sounds very encouraging, though. Rooting for your little bean!
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no!  Sound like you had an extremely rough night.  I'm very happy that you were able to get into the doctor today and see your little one and their strong heartbeat.
    Married on October 20, 2012.  Began trying in January 2013.
    RE appointment & testing December 2013 - February 2014= Unexplained IF, possible endometriosis
    IUI#1- March 22 (100mg clomid, 75 mg of Bravelle, Ovidrel trigger) = BFP!!!

• Options
    I'm sorry that happened, must've been really scary.  It sounds like things are OK for now though, and if your Dr isn't worried, as hard as it is, I'd try to focus on the positive for now if you can.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• Options
    Sorry you had such a scary night! I agree with pp about holding onto the fact that your HB is fantastic and not put soo much stock in the measurements. With different u/s machines and techs it's easy to get different measurements that early on.
    Me: 37, DH: 35 :: TCC since 2/11 SA: Perfect! CD3  HSG = Blocked Right Tube
    April- Femara 2.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN   May- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN
    June- Femara 7.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN  August- Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked & Partially Blocked Tubes
    September- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN  October- 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    IVF # 1: Stims 11/30 ER 12/12/12! (10R, 10M, 8F, 2T, 6 F) :: Beta #1- 176  c/p @ 4w4d
    FET #1 February 26th :: Lost 4 to Thaw, Transferred 2 = BFFN
    IVF # 2 Stims 5/10 ER 5/21 (15R, 13M, 13F, 2T, 7F- 6d3 & 1d5) :: Beta # 1- 15 c/p @ 4w
    FET #2 Cancelled, Right Tube Developed a Hydro  8/28 Hydro & Scar Tissue Removed  Cleared for FET
    FET #2.2 Scheduled for September 20th
    2 Thawed, 2 Transferred! Beta #1- 96, Beta #2 906! :: EDD June 10th
    2015- 2 failed FET. We are done
    SURPRISE! BFP 8/8/16   EDD 4/1/17

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    That is so scary!  I'm so glad you got to see your LO with a great heart rate.
    SIGGY WARINING

Me: 32 | He: 35
    TTC since Sept 2011
    DX: Unexplained
    1st round of clomid: Jan 2013 BFP - M/C 8 weeks
    surprise BFP Apr 2013 - M/C 9 weeks
    IUI #1 clomid Jul 2013 = BFN
    IUI #2 clomid Aug 2013 = BFN
    IUI #3 injects Oct 2013 = BFN
    IUI #4 injects Dec 2013 = BFN
    IVF #1 March 2014 - 12R/12F, one perfect day 5 blast transferred
    BFP!! Beta#1 = 431 Beta#2 = 914 Beta#3 = 2207

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    Oh my gosh! That sounds like a horrible night. I'm so glad that baby is OK, though. 

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    How scary.  Glad everything is okay. 

**************SIGGY WARNING**************

BLOG

Me 32 :: DH 41

TTC since November, 2011

DH's SA : Excellent

Lap and Hysteroscopy June 2012

DX: PCOS, Stage III Endo, slight Adenomyosis, blocked tube, and probable LPD

Treatments:  6 Months Lupron Depot injections; 1500 mg metformin; 3 cycles of Clomid + TI = BFN

3 endometrial biopsies all were "out of phase" 

September - December, 2013:  Break to lose weight and get healthy

40 lb weight loss but still not ovulating "in phase"  

February - March 2014: bcps + follistim + trigger + TI = BFP

Beta #1 (12dpo): 30; Beta #2 (18dpo): 500; Beta #3 (25dpo): 7,000!!! 

1st u/s 4/16: One beautiful hb at 144 bmp 

2nd u/s 4/29: hb at 166 bmp.  Graduated from RE!!

TEAM PINK! 

Baby girl arrived on Thanksgiving day weighing 7lbs 6oz and measuring 20 inches

• Options
    So sorry!! My good friend had the same thing happen (all the blood, bouncing baby) and now her son is turning 13 :) Praying the rest of your pregnancy is boring with a capital B!
    TTC since June 2011
    DH: perfect SA
    Me: 30, moderate endo, unexplained infertility
    IUI or IVF in December

• Options
    The bleeding is so scary! Glad baby is ok!!

*****Siggy/Ticker Warning*****

Me (34)- no issues found MH (36)- MFI due to Vericocele. Straight to IVF w/ICSI 9/12, Antagonist. 9R, 7M, 5F = BFN c/p,  New RE for IVF #2- 1/13., Long Lupron. ER on 1/22 -10R, 9M, 9F. Transfer on hold due to overstimming. FET in Feb. 2 frozen blasts. Another BFN & another c/p. RPL testing all negative besides MTHFR gene, vericocle repair surgery 4/12/13-Bilateral Grade 3 Vericocele found & fixed, IVF #3 with PGS  4/13- 11R, 9M, 9F. Transferred 2 normal=BFN, 3 normal on ice. CCRM-here we come! ODWU-All test results normal. EPP in August. 21R, 20M, 19F. 12 blasts biopsied & frozen for CCS testing. Results showed 11 normal! FET Oct. 30. 2 5d 4AA blasts transferred. First ever BFP!!! Beta 1=216, Beta 2=870 1st U/S=It's TWINS!!! It's a BOY and a GIRL!! Everyone Welcome!!! 
                                       Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Super glad everything is ok! 

• Options
    Thanks everyone.  Please keep your fingers crossed things continue to be ok.
    DS born @32 weeks with IUGR and a heart defect.  Passed away May 2015
    DD born July 2016
    TTC #3
  • Options
    Sending good wishes for you and your bean!  That sounds terrifying, so glad that the u/s was so good.  Fingers and toes crossed for ya.
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • Options
    Sorry it was a terrifying night, but so happy baby has strong heartbeat. Good luck!
    Me: 33 - PCOS & Hypothyroidism DH: 35 - SA is good Married since 2010 (together since 2006) TTC since June 2009 (we knew we would have issues and wanted family right away after we got married). No pregnancies yet. May 2013 - started first round of Chlomid & ovidrel cycle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"