June 2013 Moms
Options

Sleep Lady Shuffle

Has anyone gotten this to work for naps? As I sit here while he has screamed for the last hour, I am just wondering if it's worth it.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Sleep Lady Shuffle

• Options
    Thanks ladies. Last night was really bad. DH also can't seem to handle the crying and shouted from the other room to just pick him up, already! Which totally messed with my confidence. I know she says you can pick them up if they get hysterical, but I feel like that is lo's only level right now. He starts shrieking as soon as he hits the crib. I don't feel like I should pick him up every time because that's just teaching him that if he screams, he gets picked up, right? I ended up rocking him twice last night because DH made me question everything I was doing. He apologized this morning and said he was on board. I hope he reads up on it so that he gets it better.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    i should add I never actually read the book so I was just going by what I understood the shuffle to be. Haha! But like 42butterflies said night 3 or 4 we seemed to go backwards but I committed to the 10 days and wouldn't decide until it was up and like 42butterflies one night I left to get something and he fell asleep on his own.  It became easier for us to put him down and get the the heck outta there! 

I will say it is SO important your spouse is on board with it.  I'm not sure it can ever work if you aren't on the same page so I'm glad he is coming around.

I really hope this gets easier for you Cricket.  Wishing you all lots of happy sleep! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 

• Options
    Thanks! LO threw me a curve ball by learning how to stand up in his crib yesterday so now there is a lot of laying him back down. I think if I'm really consistent with it, he will get the message. That's so much easier said than done, though. Especially at 4:30 am when he's been up for an hour.

• Options
    He doesn't know how to get back down. I'm not even sure he knows how to lay down from sitting. We just did a full hour nap attempt with no sleep. I'm going to try again in a little while. In the meantime, I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee.

• Options
    Good luck! Small victories hopefully lead to the big ones. I need to do something about our night sleeping yet again. My lo was sick twice in the last 6 weeks and this had caused major breaks in the good habits we were forming.
  • Options
    I'm losing my resolve. He's just not getting enough hours of sleep. He's not the happy baby I've known for the past 8 months. I feel like I need to back off a bit or change things up or something.

• Options
    He is waking up 2-3 times per night, but will be up for over an hour. I think if he hadn't figured out how to stand up, we would be alright, but throwing that into the mix right now has turned it into a game for him. I think I am going to just focus on napping in the crib instead of on me for now and trying to night wean. I think we were just trying for too many things at once.

• Options
    I don't know much about the sleep lady shuffle, but just want to say I stand by the troublesome tots site for sleep training. After two evenings of training she hasn't had a night waking in months. If I had stayed in the room with her she would've taken much longer to fall asleep and we would've had to endure much more crying. Just my two cents. Even checking in on her intermittently made it worse. Every child is different though, so I agree that you have to follow your instincts because every method will not work for every baby.
    Anniversary       

• Options
    Thanks ladies. It's nice to know there's a light at the end of the tunnel and that I'm not alone.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"