November 2014 Moms

UO Thursday!

I didn't see this yet. Let's have some good ones today ladies ;)

Note: this board isn't flame free.

Re: UO Thursday!

• Loading the player...
  • KMW08KMW08 member
    I don't mind popcorn ceilings and I like mine. I don't understand all the house shows where they flip out about them.

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• Can I stupidly ask the difference between gender and sex since it's a topic right now? :/

• Kristy774 said:
    Ok I know I'm gonna get flamed....It annoys me when people get so butt hurt over saying gender/sex. I realize the difference and I think when people do slip up and say sex instead of gender they aren't making a dig or trying to make a statement against being gay/bi/trans- I think they are honestly making a mistake and I'm not quite sure why others feel entitled to bite someone's head off over something that's clearly a mistake.
    I completely agree! I will be having a "gender reveal" party because 1. I think it's fun, 2. we're talking about a teeny baby 3. and as @CountryMama1114 mentioned, sex reveal party would probably be taken the wrong way. I will let my boy/girl decide later on what "gender" they are. But until then I feel it should be safe to assume until corrected.  

Me 32 and DH 40

Fur-baby named Bella

1 MC Nov. 2013

DD born Nov. 2, 2014

Little 2 EDD Oct. 1 

• Maelara said:
    Can I stupidly ask the difference between gender and sex since it's a topic right now? :/
    Gender is between the ear and sex is between the legs :)
    Hmm. I think I'll not state my UO on the matter then lol.

• Since we are going down this road, what do you think about transgender kids? I saw a news article a couple days ago about a transgender 7 year old. It is not the first time I have seen something like that. Maybe if it was my kid I would think differently, but to me 7 years old seems rather young for a person to realize that they identify as a boy or girl even though anatomically they aren't.

• sj+cm131 said:
    Since we are going down this road, what do you think about transgender kids? I saw a news article a couple days ago about a transgender 7 year old. It is not the first time I have seen something like that. Maybe if it was my kid I would think differently, but to me 7 years old seems rather young for a person to realize that they identify as a boy or girl even though anatomically they aren't.

Product of society.

• sj+cm131 said:
    Since we are going down this road, what do you think about transgender kids? I saw a news article a couple days ago about a transgender 7 year old. It is not the first time I have seen something like that. Maybe if it was my kid I would think differently, but to me 7 years old seems rather young for a person to realize that they identify as a boy or girl even though anatomically they aren't.
    I am really undecided. On the one hand, I think it really is sometimes a matter of the parents just being more...(I am trying to use the right word, I don't want to offensive and I am not upset by this topic at all) agreeable to gender neutrality. Like, if we were at the store and Paul reached for a pair of glittery shoes, I would say "No, those are for girls, let's go find shoes for you." and a parent who is more open to gender neutrality would get the glittery shoes for their boy, so maybe their child is more...able to be transgendered because it is a readily available option for them. Does that make sense?

That is not at all to say that if my child came to me later in life and told me they seriously identified with the other sex that I would hate them or stop them. But I am not buying my 2 year old princess stuff and ruffles. (He does have baby dolls, a kitchen, etc.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lisarenlisaren member
    edited April 2014
    suzyrenee said:

My UO is that I get irritated every time I see someone insist (like they are making a statement against anyone saying they have a bump) that you can't possibly have a bump yet, it's just bloat.

Everyone's body is different. If, for example, someone's frame is very small and their uterus is already the size of a grapefruit, that could definitely make their belly pop out.

ETA: LOL. It took me scrolling back up and seeing the picture of Prego a second time before I realized why it was there.

My lovely spaghetti meatball

• ccamccam member
    Kristy774 said:
    Ok I know I'm gonna get flamed....It annoys me when people get so butt hurt over saying gender/sex. I realize the difference and I think when people do slip up and say sex instead of gender they aren't making a dig or trying to make a statement against being gay/bi/trans- I think they are honestly making a mistake and I'm not quite sure why others feel entitled to bite someone's head off over something that's clearly a mistake.
    This was going to be mine.  I can't stand when people correct others on this.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Emmy Lou said:

I dress my two little girls in pink, they watch princess movies, and I put bows in their long curly hair.  I tell them to "act like a lady".  If my third is a boy I will dress him in blue.  ::::GASP::::

Same here, I treat my boy like a boy. I mean I'm not pushing the issue, but I'm not going to keep trucks away from him because of the slight chance that he'll identify as something other than male. Hell, even if that were to happen, it's not like he couldn't be a truck-appreciating transgender person.

I will always let him know that I'm there for him, no matter what. But I am not going to keep suggesting to him, "hey, in case you think you are not really a boy, that's great!" I think some people go to the point of suggesting/encouraging and a little kid is easily convinced. I am not saying I don't believe that people are born transgender, just that I'm not going to try to convince my son that he might be.
    BabyFruit Ticker

photo a127152b-984e-439e-89ea-e1171e65f4b4_zps179f42c8.jpg
  • Kind of like a photo and story that went around the internet about a 5 year old boy that knew he was gay.  I really don't see how anyone can proclaim their sexual preference before even approaching puberty.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • MollMoll4MollMoll4 member
    edited April 2014

Kind of like a photo and story that went around the internet about a 5 year old boy that knew he was gay.  I really don't see how anyone can proclaim their sexual preference before even approaching puberty.

I agree with you there. I think sexual preference is vastly different than gender identity though. I wouldn't say the two are alike.
  • MollMoll4 said:
    Kind of like a photo and story that went around the internet about a 5 year old boy that knew he was gay.  I really don't see how anyone can proclaim their sexual preference before even approaching puberty.
    I agree with you there. I think sexual preference is vastly different than gender identity though. I wouldn't say the two are alike.
    Good point,  I wasn't trying to say they are the same, but could have been clearer.  I still think that identifying yourself as transgender at such a young age is probably very uncommon.  I don't think most 5-7 year olds have the ability to formulate such a clear sense of self awareness and societal awareness.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ccamccam member

@lisaren I definitely don't think that's a UO!!  I can not stand that word, it bothers me to no end.  My SIL uses it and refers to her 9 year old son as the R word, in a "joking" manner.  Wait til he uses that word in school.  I just don't get it.  DH has asked her multiple times not to use that word around our DS.

What your son did is amazing.  Good for him!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• I also do believe children are born and know. My daughter was not dressed in pink and bows but she is extremely girlie. She always has been. My daughter with special needs, medically fragile, is cognitively that of a newborn, hates dresses. She freaks out when she has a dress on. She has no cognitive ability to understand a dress, but I believe it's just what she knows. You put some shorts on her and she's happy. She doesn't like bows in her hair. My youngest, will put 24688 bows in her hair for school.

• My sister is transgender, she came out in high school as gay and continued to progress in identifying herself as male. It wasn't shocking to anyone that knew her well but she's still not ready to drop the female pronouns, which is honestly kinda weird to me since she looks and lives life as a man. I can't say I totally understand her thought process about that particular aspect, but I will always support her and obviously 'him' when its time to change over. 

My UO: Everyone is worried about bloat and gaining too much weight and I'm over here drinking Ensure's every day trying to gain weight because my doc said I have too. I've wanted this baby for over a year and I'd happily gain 100 pounds if they told me too. Bring on the bloat!
    In reference to weight gain, I recently lost 80 lbs since last summer, 120 since summer before, and I do worry about my weight gain. It was horribly hard to lose the weight. I was a size 20 now a size 10. Just because I didn't try for over a year to have this baby, doesn't mean it's not loved or wanted, but I will do what I can to make sure I keep my weight on the lower end, but do it healthy. Its an evil to know you need to gain weight, but know how hard it is to lose it.
    Breastfeeding did not help me lose weight either. I was a weirdo who actually gained, when I weaned I list 22 lbs pretty quick.

My first son I gained 90 lbs. second son I gained 75. Last two I gained 30 each.
    I

• My UO: Everyone is worried about bloat and gaining too much weight and I'm over here drinking Ensure's every day trying to gain weight because my doc said I have too. I've wanted this baby for over a year and I'd happily gain 100 pounds if they told me too. Bring on the bloat!

I'm technically underweight (non-pregnant BMI is 17.5). I had one doctor tell me to the gain at least 40 pounds while pregnant. I switched OB offices so I could deliver at the hospital I wanted to, there they were happy as long as my weight gain was steady. (Ended up gaining about 18 pounds.)

But yeah, I'm with you, I don't care how much I gain. It came off easily last time with breastfeeding. (Too easily even, I got down to a BMI of under 16 while breastfeeding DS. He was nice & chubby though!)
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am going to throw a food one in here.....I know they can be frowned upon because there can be sooooooo many food UO's.....but....

I don't care for chocolate. 

I prefer peanut butter over chocolate any day.     I think chocolate pudding and ice cream are nasty.   I will not eat a hot fudge sundae.    I will occasionally eat a piece of chocolate cake,  but I have to be craving it.      Candy bars are good if they have more peanuts/peanut butter/caramel than chocolate.

Nov. '14 January Siggy : Work Sucks!

Me 32-DH 38

Married July 14, 2007  ----- TTC # 1 October 1, 2013
    BFP   March 7, 2014  -----  EDD November 17, 2014 ---- Baby boy born November 16, 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"