June 2013 Moms

UO

It's that time again!

Re: UO

• Loading the player...
  • LOL Ok now my other UO is that I don't think picture of projects is the same as the actual project.  As much as I limit what I keep, what I do want to keep I want to know they touched with their own two hands.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• I agree about Easter not being Christmas with the gift giving.

My kids got shoes, and Owen got a puzzle. Those didn't fit in the basket though.

I also got them minimal candy.

My UO: People on welfare should have mandatory drug tests.

• Why so many Peep haters! Peeps are not my favorite, but I get them from my aunt 5 times a year (yes they come out that often) 

Have you ever had a Peep Smore-they just might change your opinion of the little yellow birds or bunnies. 

and FWI, the chocolate Spiders at Halloween are pretty good. 

• BC&LMBC&LM member
    RIngReady said:
    Why so many Peep haters! Peeps are not my favorite, but I get them from my aunt 5 times a year (yes they come out that often) 

Have you ever had a Peep Smore-they just might change your opinion of the little yellow birds or bunnies. 

and FWI, the chocolate Spiders at Halloween are pretty good. 

S'Mores are kind of icky too.
  • ilovemarfailovemarfa member
    edited April 2014
    I think that the welfare system needs to be reformed but I don't necessarily think that people using the system are drug users. In New York last year there was a big investigation done and they discovered that a lot of the benefits cards were being used to withdraw money from strip clubs, liquor stores, etc. I believe they just enacted legislation prohibiting use at these types of establishments. Sadly, this won't really deter people who are using the funds at theses places as they will just go to a regular ATM to withdraw their money. I think a system needs to be in place where people receiving benefits will get what they need directly rather than having the ability to withdraw cash and go spend the money themselves. I think that will decrease fraud.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was thinking high pigtails on the side of the head, anyone do those?

I can't imagine seeing a woman wearing them like that and thinking, wow, that looks great.

Cute: image

Not cute: image

This is what I was thinking of also. I saw a lady at target the other day with pigtails like that and it was just weird.
    @gigglejiggle that's a beautiful picture!
    BFP #1: due 6/17/2013, DD born 6/25/13
    BFP #2: due 6/30/2017, MMC found 12/7/2016
    BFP #3: due 10/21/2018 
  • Cricket81 said:
    @GiggleJiggle
    That picture is absolutely gorgeous!! 

FFTC: Seeing beautiful pictures like that always makes me a little teary.  LO was rushed to the NICU as soon as I delivered and I never got to have that moment.  The first time I held him was totally magical, but I was in a wheel chair in the middle of the NICU and he was attached to a bunch of wires.  I am so so so grateful that he got all the help he needed and he is an amazing kid, but that is such a precious moment, I really hope I get to experience it some day.
    @Cricket81 Don't feel alone.  I feel that way too.  I didn't get Lily until 4 hours later, thankfully in our room as she was in the NICU briefly.  I feel sad about the fact that I missed her first bath and feed and hours of life.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • BC&LM said:
    I have another one that might get me flamed: Even though we preferred making all our own purees, I can understand why other people might not want to do so.  However the one store-bought puree I don't understand is bananas.  It's cheaper to make your own banana puree and literally takes less than a minute.  I don't understand why anyone buys banana puree.

This might sound weird but N hated fresh banana purée. I tried many times and she would only eat the store bought stuff...and I bought the organic stuff. I wonder if it has to do with texture? The store bought stuff was always more smooth.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"