June 2013 Moms
Options

WFD at LO's birthday party?

We're doing her party June 1, but I'm thinking ahead.  We are going to have about 30 adults at a party at our house starting at 5pm.  I am probably going to do fajitas, which is kind of a family staple, but at the same time, I've done fajitas for a hundred family parties already.  I've also considered traditional cookout foods like burgers and brats, gourmet pizza catering, and a tapas bar where I'd make a few apps and ask close family to bring one to share.  I did tapas for my brother and SIL's gender reveal a couple weeks ago and it was a big hit, but there were only 9 family members at that party.  It may be different to ask them to prepare an app for 30.  

So really I'm hoping someone here will inspire me, but if nothing feels right I'll just do fajitas. Again. 
8-}
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: WFD at LO's birthday party?

• Options
    We're doing burgers, hot dogs, chips, probably potatoe salad and pasta salad. Traditional cookout here.
    image imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Finger sanwiches. Roast beef watercress, cucumber feta, chicken salad, and "fancy" PB&J. Also fruit, veggies, and picnic salads.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    BBQ ;). Probably burgers and hot dogs. Haven't really thought about it yet.
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/10/13 M/C 6/12/12
    BFP#2 9/28/12 EDD 6/5/13 J.B. born 6/6/13

Anniversary

• Options
    We are going to be doing a luau for his first. So we will have pulled pork sandwiches and random apps. All kinda luau themed.
    Married: 04-13-12 

SS: 12-13-02 | SD: 12-13-02

DS: 6-8-13 | Sept 15' #2

• Options
    We just had my step-son's birthday and everyone made their own sandwiches.  Had different kinds of breads, cheeses, meats, and even PB&J. We also had chicken noodle soup, potato salad, and different chips. It was nice because people could have whatever they wanted and the leftovers were yummy.

• Options
    JessicaKSJessicaKS member
    edited April 2014
    We aren't doing it at our house (too small) so it's going to be at the party room in our condo building. So we aren't cooking. I think we are ordering pizza. The party is at 1130am.
  • Options
    We are having hot dog, hamburgers, chips, fruit, potato salad- stuff like that.  We just finished our patio, so we are excited to have the party out there!
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • Options
    BC&LMBC&LM member
    We are just going to be barbecuing...or grilling, whatever you want to call it! ;-)   So probably chicken wings, hamburgers, hot dogs, pasta salad, deviled eggs, etc.  
  • Options
    We are having BIL cater it since he owns a Mexican restaurant. Probably just a taco bar and sides.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We are having it catered and are serving chicken, ribs, baked beans, coleslaw, potato salad, au gratin potatoes, tossed salad, and corn bread. Then for dessert I'll have the traditional birthday cake, ice cream, fruit salad and sugar cookies in the number 1
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We are doing a traditional BBQ as well. Pulled pork, some burgers and brats, and some fun sides. Thank goodness for summer birthdays! 
  • Options
    I have no idea what we're doing, and it makes me tired reading these responses/just thinking about it.  I really need to get on it...
  • Options
    We are doing a circus theme, so we're going to have hot dogs, corn dogs, maybe hamburgers. We'll also have Carmel corn, peanuts, candy apples. Those kind of things.
  • Options
    for apps we'll most likely have:
    cheese and brie pastry
    fruit tray 
    meat/cheese tray

entree will be meatballs and rolls, mac n cheese and some type of veggie. We'll also have hot dogs and hamburgers. 

image image
    imageimage
  • Options
    @workinit, I think I might steal your idea. Cornbread and sweet potatoes sound yummy, and I love pulled pork/chicken! 

image image
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"