February 2014 Moms

since pt and bf boards are dead stm+ help

So I m worried.
1. I've been pumping ad freezing immediately. H got milk out today defrosted (is that spelled right? AutoC says it isn't a word) and the bm was spoiled. It was horrible. What did I do wrong? Why did it spoil?

2. Still doing the potty training with DS1 he is good at home and good in public about alerting us web he needs to pee or poop, but he will not do either st families or friends homes, what the help is up with that? Advice? He uses a real toilet and a potty..

*BFP m/c  *BFP b/g twins *S/B 20w  *BFP DS A  1-12-12  *BFP m/c  *BFP m/c  *BFP *It's a boy again* EDD 2-5-14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: since pt and bf boards are dead stm+ help

• 1. Excess lipase? https://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/milkstorage/lipase-expressedmilk/

2. I'm curious about this, too. DS is doing great at home with DH and me (pee & poop). Not so great with the grandmothers, and they make us feel we're crazy for PTing "too soon." Ugh.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1) Is your freezer cold enough? Was there a power outage? Do you store in the door? I'd guess excess lipase other than that.

2) I'd have others take him on a schedule for now, rather than having them rely on him speaking up.

image image
  • Loading the player...
  • It's most likely not bad hun! It's excesse lipase like the lovely lady's above said. My LOs took it as is but u can scald to take care if it... Sorry ur stressed.

I'm potty training dd and its hard work! She always will go but is still waking up soaked from naps and morning so!? I'm not much help
  • 1) Is your freezer cold enough? Was there a power outage? Do you store in the door? I'd guess excess lipase other than that.

2) I'd have others take him on a schedule for now, rather than having them rely on him speaking up.

1.yes, no,no.
    2. We do he throws a fit??? I don't get it. I mean im there and I will ask if he has to peepee. He says no liked he US too busy. Try taking him and he is full on tears lays down on you. I'm what to do.

*BFP m/c  *BFP b/g twins *S/B 20w  *BFP DS A  1-12-12  *BFP m/c  *BFP m/c  *BFP *It's a boy again* EDD 2-5-14

• I just got done reading the km link, it is soapy smelling most of the time, but this bag was spoiled, so maybe it was just that bag, hopefully...
    Lo doesn't seam to mind the soapy taste, so until he does I won't do the scold thing.
    Will have the next bags smelled to see if it might have just been the one. The other bags have not separated the way this one did. I just hope I don't have to scold, because there US no way to at work. :(

• 1. Don't know about the be

2. We went through the same thing with my son. We had him sit on the potty and try to go every 2 hrs when we were at friends/family.

Are you with him at the friends/family house or are you dropping him off? If you are with him, explain that he needs to try to potty. Not sure how old he is, but it was a struggle when ds was 3. If he is doing this when you aren't with him, I would say the adults that are with him need to have him go potty more often.

Consistency is key here along with building a routine and good habits.
    #rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I just got done reading the km link, it is soapy smelling most of the time, but this bag was spoiled, so maybe it was just that bag, hopefully... Lo doesn't seam to mind the soapy taste, so until he does I won't do the scold thing. Will have the next bags smelled to see if it might have just been the one. The other bags have not separated the way this one did. I just hope I don't have to scold, because there US no way to at work. :(
    Human milk is not homogenized so the fat will naturally separate and sit on top, when that happens just gently swirl it until it's mixed back together. Is that the only reason you think it was bad or did it smell/taste rotten?

There's no reason to scald milk if LO doesn't mind the taste, I've always had the soapy taste from excess lipsase issue and niether LO seems to mind.

Re: PTing, I dunno what to say except kids are funny creatures. My LO is actually better about using the potty when we're out/about and often has accidents at home. If you know it's been an hour or two, try just taking LO to potty - maybe go together so LO can see it's same as at home?

imageimage
  • Sounds like excess lipase to me. It's not a problem unless baby won't take it. My daughter wouldn't take it, so I ended up donating 400 oz to someone whose baby didn't mind. From then on, I had to scald all of my milk prior to freezing. You don't have to scald it immediately- you can take it home to scald it. I decided to just scald everything from the beginning this time around do I wouldn't end up with a freezer full of milk that my son wouldn't eat.
    8/2010 IVF#1 (After many failed/cancelled IUI cycles) 3dt of 2 beautiful embryos - 3 frosties Betas-12dp3dt-215 : 16dp3dt-1175 : 20dp3dt-5088 - Baby Girl born at 38w6d on 5/10/11

2/2013 FET#1 Transfer of 1 9 cell embryo and 1 7 cell compacted embryo. Beta #1 11dp3dFET - 37 Beta #2 13dp3dFET - 71 Beta #3 16dp3dFET - 297 Beta #4 20dp3dFET - 1300  - Blighted Ovum. Natural miscarriage followed by D&C 4/13

5/2013 - Completely natural miracle surprise BFP!!! Beta #1 15dpo - 846 Beta #2 17dpo - 2141 - Baby Boy born at 38w0d on 1/19/14

• 1. Did you chill the milk in the fridge before putting it in the freezer? This may of caused it go bad if it was frozen from warm to super cold. Don't know forsure, just an idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"