October 2013 Moms

let's talk about mangos.

I wanted to introduce a new food to LO, and I bought some mangos. I am puréeing them, but I'm not sure if I should steam them or not?

What have you done with your mangos?

Re: let's talk about mangos.

• you don't have to steam them! if they are ripe they will be soft enough to puree.

• beernifer said:
    My mango tree has so many mangos on it. I can't wait till they are ripe!
    I would be in heaven!!

imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy%20ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @beernifer: a mango tree? amazing. 

Just puree it, you should be fine. That is what we tried this week too. On to plums next ;)

• beernifer said:

The ones I bought are SO delicious...which is rare around here! mmmmm
  • Yummmmm. Can they be offered at 6 mos? Are they a possible allergen food? I feel like I heard something about tropical fruits needing to be offered later than others?

• @carawasa‌ If you haven't bookmarked this site, do it! Here's the deets on mangos.

https://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/mangobabyfoodrecipes.htm#.U1hnW-29Kc0
     BFP #1: 3.2.13 | EDD: 10.21.13 | Born: 10.25.13
     BFP #2: 9.9.14 | EDD 5.13.15 | MC: 9.24.14
    BFP #3: 1.4.15 | EDD 8.23.15
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • hlb622 said:

@carawasa‌ If you haven't bookmarked this site, do it! Here's the deets on mangos.

https://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/mangobabyfoodrecipes.htm#.U1hnW-29Kc0

thats perfect!! thanks :)
  • jgslr said:

Steaming will take off a little of the acidic edge but not necessary. Dd can't handle any acidic fruits so no more mangos. If she could though I would definitely give them to her.

oooh...I didn't even think about that. Probably not the best idea for my LO either because has reflux
  • Mango is popular in this house. We do peach mango, banana mango, peach banana mango, etc... He loves it.

• beernifer said:

What glorious place do you live in that you have a mango tree. The more and more I find out about the peeps on the bump, the more I realize how lame Wisconsin is!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

• jgslr said:

carawasa said:

jgslr said:

Steaming will take off a little of the acidic edge but not necessary. Dd can't handle any acidic fruits so no more mangos. If she could though I would definitely give them to her.

oooh...I didn't even think about that. Probably not the best idea for my LO either because has reflux
    Hmm..I don't know much about baby reflux but she got a rash on her bum and around her mouth. Tomatoes are worst, which is sad bc she loooves them.

sometimes dd1 got a rash around her bottom/face from acidic foods- i never stopped giving them. i didn't think about it tbh. was i supposed to?

i *think* that's an allergic reaction but she probably grew out of it? No help here
  • I just took a spoon to mine to make it a little mushier and LO ate it.  He hasn't had any reactions thus far thankfully.

• jgslr said:

jgslr said:

carawasa said:

jgslr said:

Hmm..I don't know much about baby reflux but she got a rash on her bum and around her mouth. Tomatoes are worst, which is sad bc she loooves them.

sometimes dd1 got a rash around her bottom/face from acidic foods- i never stopped giving them. i didn't think about it tbh. was i supposed to?
    You only try to stop if the rash is persistent, it's like a mild chemical burn (looks like a ring around her anus). If it goes away on its own, nbd, but dds wasn't going away. Since I'm doing blw I have no idea exactly what is causing it. =( I'm doing only one feeding a day now and reintroducing foods (especially fruits) every 3 or 4 days. I would get the delicate flower over here.

Oh, and pedi said it's a sensitivity not allergy, by one year most babies get over it.

@jgslr so we tried mango yesterday and LO got what looks like a diaper rash..but I'm assuming it's from the mangos. Maybe a bit too early I guess...well try again in a few months..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"