March 2014 Moms
Options

Ladies who lost their appetite, please come in.

How did you get it back? What did you eat when nothing seemed appetizing? I tried apples with peanut butter and was meh - the apples were hard to eat. Ensure goes down easily but I can't live off that. I just tried string cheese - too salty. I forced a yogurt down. What did you eat to help you WANT to eat again?

I'm also in the position where if you give me the choice of eat or sleep, I will choose sleep, so that isn't helping matters.

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
You made my wedding day complete.

Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Ladies who lost their appetite, please come in.

• Options
    Well, I ate a lot of yogurt with fruit and granola. My mom and dad brought over dinner a lot and it'd be things like roast chicken, veggies, etc. I usually only managed to get down a few bites. Slowly but surely my appetite came back. Nothing made me WANT to eat. I just had to keep forcing myself to eat bc I knew I had to.

• Options
    I'm trying to do that but I want to throw up... :(

Anniversary 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I lived on cheese, water crackers, and apples for several days.
    textimage

• Options
    ^^ This! I was living on ice cream and cereal for a while. To me, ice cream always sounds good!!
  • Options
    I'm 6 weeks PP and still don't have an appetite . Or I just get too busy to eat . I do enjoy eating a lot of fruit and crackers . I usually force myself to eat at least dinner .

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I ate granola bars, almonds and drank juice the first couple of weeks. Couldn't stomach much else
  • Options
    Eat what you want even if it isn't the healthiest meal. I lived off of cereal and BK whoppers my first 3 weeks. My supply started decreasing so I forced myself to eat. Your appetite comes back eventually, but I still have days where I struggle. I tried to eat a decent size breakfast for energy purposes and ate like a mouse the rest of the day.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Options
    So much yogurt. Tried to have more Greek yogurt for protein content. Larabars. Baked potatoes.

Can you do something like ensure or protein shakes?
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • Options
    Ensure is my new best friend, lol

Anniversary 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What @chphotomama said. If something popped into my head and it sounded remotely good, that is what I ate. Even if it was 11pm and that meant sending DH to McDonalds for a chocolate shake and fries, or eating nothing but peanut butter sandwiches for two days .

If you'd rather sleep than eat, that's fine. LO will get what she needs from you first. Your appetite will be back soon, probably as you wean off your meds.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    After I had LO all I wanted was cranberry juice.  Lots of cranberry juice.  It took a while to get my appetite back, but it slowly did.  I will say, even when I did get it back, it was hard to keep up eating the amount needed to BF. 
  • Options
    I don't think I really lost my appetite. I'm just not hungry. If food is in front of me, I will eat it. And I remind myself to eat throughout the day. I will eat anything. I just haven't really felt hunger yet. I think I'm just too busy.

imageimage

• Options
    We aren't BFing. But my appetite has changed completely. I could go almost all day without eating.And everything that I do eat now has no taste or doesn't taste as good before I had baby. Its so bizarre! And sucks

Engaged 12-12-10 Married 5-12-12 Baby Jaxon 3-23-14 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Call Me Mrs.Foster Blog

• Options
    Whatever sounded edible, I ate. Even just a couple of bites. Cheese and crackers, fruit tray, trail mix, cereal bars, etc. I could usually force down oatmeal since it's good for milk supply, but otherwise I just nibbled a little at a time throughout the day and night.

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 
  • Options
    My go-to its Raisin bran. If any significant period of time goes by and I don't eat, I eat a bowl of cereal. I know then I've at least gotten the milk and some nutrition from the cereal. Otherwise, the minute something sounds good I let myself indulge

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I had no appetite for all if first tri. I lived off smoothie king smoothies. They were easy to digest, but I could add protein to it. It was the only thing that ever sounded good

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"