1st Trimester
Options

When did your boobs start to hurt?

I had a daughter in 2011 and am currently just 4 weeks along.  I don't remember when my boobs first started to hurt with my first pregnancy (though I know they felt like rocks by 6  weeks or so!) but I've just started to feel some tingly sensations in them the last couple of days.  When did the soreness/tenderness/heaviness set in for you?

Re: When did your boobs start to hurt?

• Options
    Pretty early, I took a pregnancy test on the day of my missed period and they were already hurting then. Of course since then they have gotten quite a bit bigger and more uncomfortable, definitely need some new bras soon!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Slight soreness was one of my first symptoms! I usually feel a little sore before AF, though, so I didn't think much of it. They've gotten more and more painful since.
    Nov' 14 April Siggy Challenge- Baby Animals 
    BFP: 3/25/14, EDD: 11/29/14. The bean is a GIRL!
    PUPPEEZ! image

BabyFruit Ticker 
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My sore boobs are what led me to take a pregnancy test.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    mine got bad around 5 weeks.  They were sore the week before but 5 was when I really noticed it. 
  • Options
    mine started being sore when I took my HPT... was about 4 weeks... they steadily got more uncomfortable after that.

**siggy warning**

Me: 30 dx w/PCOS 7/13

DH: 31
    TTC 11/12
    started Metformin 9/13
    HSG, tubes open but narrow uterus... f/u with RE 3d u/s everything 'normal'
    2/14: hopefully 1st IUI... timing off before trip, waiting until 4/14
    3/27: POAS= BFP!!!
    3/28: beta#1: 108
    4/2: beta#2: 799
    4/11: u/s 6w1d EDD 12/4, 1 little penguin!

7/7:  We're having a girl!
    12/11: after lots of labor/delivery/nicu excitment baby Piper Mae born 1859 @ 8lbs, 21.5"

• Options
    Pretty much the day after I ovulated (charting). It was bizarre.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options
    Never with DD. With this pregnancy they started the day before I took the HPT.

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks

• Options
    Mine, well specifically my nipples, started hurting 5 days after our IUI and I was like, WTH?!?! They continued to be sore straight through to my first beta test to confirm pregnancy. If it hadn't happened to me I would've thought I was crazy. Now the feeling comes and goes. I joke with my husband that they're having growth spurts when they do hurt because it seems like the next day they are always a little bigger. Wishing you a H & H pregnancy!
    TTC #1: 3/2013
    02/2014: Clomid = BFN
    03/2014: Femara + Menopur + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP! - 3/17/14
    EDD: 11/29/14 - MMC @ 9 wks: 4/25/14 
    Misoprostol 4/28 & 4/29 - D&C after misoprostol failure 5/2/14
    07/2014: Spontaneous IUI, no meds = BFN
    08/2014: Spontaneous IUI, no meds = BFN
    08/2014 v2.0: Final spontaneous IUI, no meds = BFN
    09/2014: BCP cycle in prep for injectable cycle in Oct.
    10/2014: Gonal-F + Cetrotide + Ovidrel + IUI  = BFP!
    TWINS! 
    "Top Bunk" & "Bottom Bunk" due June/July 2015
  • Options
  • Options
    Sore boobs, just like every other pregnancy symptom, can come and go, or not come at all. There's no set time for when you'll get a certain symptom, or when a symptom will go away.
  • Options
    It was my first sign to test. I'm only 4 weeks and they are starting to get sore. But this is similar to my 1st pregnancy
  • Options
    Not until 7 weeks or so. Even now, at 9 weeks, it comes and goes. 

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Never really hurt bad for me. Nothing worse than I have ever felt before I was pregnant. Now they don't hurt at all

It's a BOY

• Options
    niknikitniknikit member
    edited April 2014
    I just found out today I am pregnant with my second kiddo, and my boobs hurting are what prompted me to take a test today. Mine have been hurting for a few days now. Soreness, heaviness, tingling, and ultra sensitive nipples. My EDD is Januray 5, 2015, so I'm trucking along at a mere 4 weeks now. With my first, I don't remember my boobs being this sore!
  • Options
    Never. That wasn't one of my symptoms!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It was my first symptom with my first. I didn't experience it at all with my second and not so far this time
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    5 weeks my nipples hurt... now at 11 weeks the entire breast region hurts so bad that changing bras and shirts is quite unpleasant. 
    Team Pink!

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mine started hurting about a week before my period was even supposed to come lol
  • Options
    Mine started hurting 8 dpo....so roughly a week before my period was due. Usually they hurt RIGHT after ovulation...but the delay is one of the things that got me wondering...

• Options
    mkc1212mkc1212 member
    4 weeks and by 5 (which is where I am now) they are very sore!!
  • Options
    BLH2014BLH2014 member

My nipples get sore/sensitive after ovulation, so it had already set in when I got my positive test at 4 +1, but it got more severe within a couple days after that.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I was actually concerned about this because for my first pregnancy my boobs hurt right away (around 5/ 6 weeks) and this time around I feel nothing... NOTHING! It's very strange to me since they hurt soo much during the first time.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• Options
    It was the first thing that started hurting on me.   
  • Options
    With my first 2 I had no soreness or tenderness. With this one they got bigger and became sore about 5 days before my expected period. And they don't normally get that way ever. I just thought I must be gaining weight in my breasts. I should have known better. Lol!
  • Options
    This is my first and OMG my already sensitive boobs have grown, gotten hard and I've already caved to wearing the tanks with built in bras and sports bras to help ease my pain. My bras don't fit right anymore, I'm either completely spilling out or my wires are no longer resting against my ribs! I haven't decided yet if I'm going to invest in maternity bras yet or if I'm just going to buy more sports bras and camis. I'm only 4 weeks along, but it was one of the major symptoms that clued me and my DH that I was indeed pregnant!
    BabyFruit Ticker

image      image

• Options
    Before i tested, but it comes and goes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine started hurting in week 3. About 10-15 days before I got a positive test.
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    Mine never have.
    susannah mary. 11/14

• Options
    Mine started hurting about 6 days before my period which is how I knew something was up.
  • Options
    Before I took the test...figured it was because of my period. Wrong! They still hurt almost everyday, thankfully not all day though. And my nipples are VERY tender.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mine were a few days before my missed period, which is a usual period symptom for me anyways. The heaviness/firmness kicked in shortly after my positive. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
     EDD: 1/7/15 
    Me: 27 DH: 27 | TTC since Jan 14
  • Options
    11 weeks now and still no soreness!
    ME: 30    DH: 35    DS: 2 years
    BFP#1 - DS Born 2~15~2012
    BFP #2 - MMC @9 wk
    BFP #3  - Sleeping Baby Girl at 5 1/2 months :(
    BFP #4: Due Date 11/21/14

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    eku825eku825 member
    I started with tingling at about 3 weeks and soreness about 4 weeks
  • Options
    melsnermelsner member
    Immediately! Week 3 to be exact. I noticed they were pretty sore a few days before I took my HPT at 3 1/2 weeks. I thought it was pms.
    Aug '15 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Mean Girl from Film/TV: Lucille Bluth from Arrested Development

Married 3/31/2012
    Me: 29 DH: 30
    BFP #1 5.09.2014
    Natural MC 07.09.2014
    BFP #2 12.15.2014
    Stay With Me Precious Sticky Bean! I Love You!
                       BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Right after I ovulated... never stopped  8-|

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Around 12dpo. I figured it was PMS. They hurt pretty bad all of week 4 and aren't as bad this week, but still noticeable.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mine started hurting about 2 DPO.  Sounds crazy, but it was my first symptom.  I remember thinking "well it could be PMS cause they usually start hurting before AF" but I thought it was a little early to be AF symptoms.  

Ashleigh (26) and Darren (26)
    Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014
    BFP #1 4-22-14  EDD 1-1-15
    8w u/s 5-22-14 Baby measuring 6w1d. Heartbeat detected
    Went to Dr. 5-30-14 due to bleeding. Prescribed progesterone
    Went to ER 6-1-14 2:30 AM - diagnosed with incomplete m/c
    6-6-14 natural m/c completed
    10-24-14 BFP #2 EDD 7-6-15 **Please** be our Rainbo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
                                                                    BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Mine were also v. v. early and the main sign that something might be up.  I remember being about a week into the two week wait and noticing they would wake me up when I'd turn over in the night.  Et tu, boobe.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mine started hurting 2DPO--which has never happened before. By 3w4d I had to go and buy new bras because I was in such discomfort.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"