Multiples

Exercise Ideas while pregnant

I was wondering what/if anyone does any certain exercise routines or have kept up with old ones while pregnant. 
I have only gained a pound or two but I feel like my stomach is huge (as to be expected). I have a small frame and would like to keep from gaining a ton of weight because my Ob said that it's not healthy. He said to aim for 35-40lbs. 
I am currently doing prenatal pilates 3-4x a week, just for 20 minutes and trying to walk on the days when I don't feel terrible. 
I'm just looking for suggestions or advice from any moms of multiples. 

******Siggy Warning**************

Me 29 - no known issues ( Highest FSH 10.1??) 
DH- 36 - quite the perfect man!
TTC since 1/2011
IUI #1 March 2012 
BETA #1  BFP
B/O at 6 weeks D&C @ 10 weeks 
IUI #2-7 (2012)= BFN
IVF  Jan 14 - Follistim, Ganirelix
22R, 8M, 8F
ET  (1-14-14) - 1 Grade A 8 cell = BFN
FET (2-18-14)  1 grade A 12 cell and one early morula!
BETA #1 (3-3-14) =1,389  p4 17.4
BETA #2  (3-5-14) = 4,553 u/s showed one small g sac
U/S #2      (3-17-14) Shows two little beans with heartbeats!!! TWINS!! 
                                   Heartbeats were 119 & 120 beans measured (6 weeks 1 day) (6 weeks 2 days)
found out at 20 weeks that baby B went to heaven
11/12/14 Baby girl arrived :)
FET (1-24-16) Grade A early morula 
BETA #1 300 p4. 11.1 
BETA#2 1300
u/s d 1 tiny babe :)
10/7/16 another sweet baby girl
4/18 SURPRISE + HPT 
Beta #1 6 weeks 16,202 p4. 13.2

Re: Exercise Ideas while pregnant

• SV917SV917 member
    I just walked and did a prenatal exercise DVD. Occaisionally, I would go with my husband to his gym and do the elliptical. All low intensity. I did this until week 34 or so when it became painful to even walk across the room.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I just went for walks.I had been very into heavy weight lifting and HIIT before my pregnancy but I was exhausted during my pregnancy and did not go to the gym once! Good for you for keeping it up I wish I had.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I walk everyday and do prenatal yoga weekly.  The first 7 months, I did the Tracy Anderson pregnancy dvd's, but within the past few weeks my aches have changed a ton (too much time on knees/floor exercises bothers my joints).  I am only doing what feels good to me now (walks and yoga).  I am 35 weeks and have gained 36 pounds.  My belly is getting huge, but I am only measuring one week ahead. 

• At 13 weeks now my asthma still isn't under control thanks to a cold I had about a month ago, so that pretty much precludes me from any major exercise.  

We have a prenatal yoga DVD, and I try to get at least a short walk in every day.  Most things are leaving me breathless anyway and too much activity already has an impact on the amount of soreness I feel.   I have only gained about 5lbs so far, but a lot of my weight has shifted to my belly area so it's a whole new experience. 

I asked a similar question to PAIF early on and they were very reassuring.  Don't worry about it too much right now, do what feels good.  I'm hoping to spend more time swimming when I'm not so exhausted after work or am working from home a bit.    With a multiples pregnancy the risk of overdoing it can have serious consequences, so just keep moving gently and listen to you body I think.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• I walked until it didn't feel good. I did yoga and swam until the end. Try not to obsess about the number on the scale--your body will do what it needs to do!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • LizRGLizRG member
    I'm currently 21w3d and I exercise 3-4 days/week and I'm still feeling great.  I either go to an hour long pre-natal yoga class or go to the gym with my husband where I walk for 15 minutes, do the elliptical for 15 minutes, row for 5 minutes, and then lift very light weights. 
    ****************SIGGY WARNING*****************

TTC Since 3/12
    Me (27): Blocked right tube
    DH (29): Low motility and morphology & slightly Low T
    4/13:
    50 mg Clomid=BFN
    5/13: 50 mg Clomid=BFN
    6/13: 50 mg Clomid=BFN
    7/13: 100mg Clomid=BFN
    12/13: IVF w/ ICSI (BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Low-dose HCG, Pregnyl)
    ER 12/10/13 19R, 6M, 4F (all 4 made it to day 5)
    Lining at 13mm
    ET 12/15/13 5dt of 2 Perfect Embryos
    2 Frosties
    First Ever BFP on 12/21 at 6dp5dt
    Beta #1: 12/23 8dp5dt- 170
    Beta #2: 12/26 11dp5dt- 461
    Beta #3: 1/2 18dp5dt- 6,840
    1st u/s on 1/13 showed TWINS!
    EDD 9/2/14
    U/S on 3/21 revealed TWIN BOYS!
  • I'm at the end (36 weeks and being induced next week), so I have mainly been walking a few times a week for the past month or so. Before that I was also doing prenatal yoga, prenatal fitness DVDs, and light weights at home. I would recommend focusing on feeling good rather than the number on the scale. I do think staying active has helped me to have a better pregnancy overall.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"