September 2014 Moms

Registry Must Haves!

So I'm a FTM and I just started my registry. STMs - What is one thing you thought was the shizzy that we FTMs should add to our registries? Feel free to be super descriptive with brand/model.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Gemma
born August 31, 2014

Re: Registry Must Haves!

• Ergo, Rock n Play, Miracle Blanket. Those were all after-baby purchases that I wish I had had from day 1.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lansinoh momma bottles. They're the only bottles my breastfed baby would drink from. We also used our swing a lot, and the aden and anais swaddle blankets from Target. As a side note, if your baby likes being swaddled, learn the burrito swaddle. I learned from a video on youtube, but our nurse at the hospital did the same fold and tucked the edges of the blanket under the bassinet mattress. It's the only swaddle that would stay tight enough. DD would break out of the velcro swaddlers.

• Loading the player...
  • Rock n play, Halo sleep sacks.

• Video monitor. It's one of those things I would have never purchased, but I use all the time still. Logan just turned one. We are getting another one for this baby.

Babies are so noisy and it's nice to be able to peek at them with a click of a button. I could see if he pulled his blanket over his face or something. Now it's helpful for when he falls asleep sitting up and flopped over, pinning his legs under him, or when he gets his leg stuck in the side of the crib.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Ok, so every time I see these threads I see how many people say Rock n Play. I have a friend giving me a swing and we have a bouncer on our registry. Should I forgo the bouncer for the Rock n Play or is it possible that all 3 will have a time/place? 

We also have a pack-n-play on the registry that has the changing table and swinging bassinet thing. Our intention was to keep that in our room and then transition to the crib later. Can the rock n play take the place of that or is it not really safe for overnight sleeping?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • SmileyGirl18MrsSparklebottom

So would you say, the rock-n-play could take the place of the pack-n-play with the bassinet? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. Video Monitor-We had a summer infant one, but I have heard great things about Motorola as well. If we can afford to we are going to upgrade to a split screen monitor.
    2. The Rock N play: LO slept in that until 5 months-it was so important since he had reflux!
    3. A good swing that plugs into the wall-skip the battery operated ones! We liked the Fisher Price Snuggabunny swing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Everything I have is pink from DD so I'm open to new ideas. Thanks to all you ladies I'm looking into the rock and play. My must have is a boppy, DD likes to sleep in the middle of hers. So after 19 mo its being used.
  • Just to share it again, here is the compiled list of all the responses to the "Keep, Toss, Add" thread:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EFl4MAxV4d6NTkJg-aMgJOfk0hl0U1sowKfCtN1yd0o/edit?usp=sharing

I never saw the compiled list. This is great! Thanks for sharing
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby boy Files due 9.13.14!

• Just to share it again, here is the compiled list of all the responses to the "Keep, Toss, Add" thread:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EFl4MAxV4d6NTkJg-aMgJOfk0hl0U1sowKfCtN1yd0o/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks I forgot about this! These have all been super helpful, thanks gals

Gemma
    born August 31, 2014
  • Has anybody ever had a mamaroo?
  • Would a rock n play be a substitute for the mamaroo? Bc trying to decide between the two
  • I had the mamaroo but barely used it. I also never had a rock n play. The Sungabunny swing is what I used. I know some people love the RnP but myu froend had one and never used it. That being said I will probably use the mamaroo more this time having 2 kids. But it is not a "must have".
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"