October 2014 Moms
Options

Real Poll - STMs+ Flutters!!!

Emerald27Emerald27 member
edited April 2014 in October 2014 Moms
Let's try this again:

When did you first feel flutters with your subsequent pregnancy/ies?
imageimage

Real Poll - STMs+ Flutters!!! 133 votes

Less than 13 weeks
8% 11 votes
13 weeks
8% 11 votes
14 weeks
10% 14 votes
15 weeks
9% 12 votes
16 weeks
5% 7 votes
Just show me the results!
58% 78 votes

Re: Real Poll - STMs+ Flutters!!!

• Options
    Also, do you feel them better laying on your back or on your side?
    imageimage
  • Options
    I started feeling her at 15 weeks, 2 days pregnant. I was actually sitting down and felt her pretty clearly... not just flutters, but actual movement, but of course it was only for a split second so I wasn't sure it was her. Then yesterday (15 wks, 3 days) while at the gym I was stretching on my back and I felt her for several seconds so I turned over to my belly and then I could definitely feel her very clearly.  I was also stretching on my stomach the first time I felt DS (first pregnancy) move. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm 16 weeks and haven't felt ones that I'm sure aren't gas yet.  I have an anterior placenta though, so I suspect that's contributing. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I still feel like it's really early.  I didn't feel DD until 21 weeks (I had an anterior placenta).  I haven't felt anything this time (posterior placenta).  I think baby only weighs like 2 oz right now, so I think the ones that are feeling movement are the lucky exception rather than the rule.  :)
  • Options
    I started feeling flutters around 12 weeks. I was super surprised but it has always been in the same place since then. Im still feeling them, mostly when Im laying on my back but I felt them just sitting down too. They are getting stronger too which is so exciting!
  • Options
    I've felt movement once while lying on my back while using the Doppler and a couple times while sitting up, slightly slouched over.
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Options
    I felt DS #2 around 13 weeks. I could feel it better laying on my back. I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow, so hopefully I get to feel this one soon! 
    Daisypath - (fpox)Lilypie - (cr8G)  Lilypie - (jTpT)Lilypie - (LZoT)
    Started Dating DH 09/03/2009 Married 07/01/2011 
    Surprise BFP 10/18/2008 EDD 06/19/2009 DS #1 Born 06/16/2009
    TTC #2 12/2010 BFP 05/15/2011 EDD 01/09/2012 DS #2 Born 01/11/2012
    DH adopted DS #1 06/25/2012
    TTC #3 06/2013 BFP 02/19/2014 EDD 10/30/2014 DS #3 Born 10/10/2014

• Options
    I can't remember when I started feeling flutters with DD...I do know it was after 20 weeks before DH could feel anything.
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Options
    I felt movement with ds at 13w4d(?) it was somewhere in the middle of that week.
    This baby I started to feel a little within the last week. I know it's very early. But very distinct. I've felt it while using the Doppler and also a few times while laying in bed.
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I felt DS at 14 weeks.  I wouldn't consider it flutters - it was more like tapping or a muscle spasm.  I *think* I'm starting to feel some movement but I'm skeptical that it could be gas.  I'm always hopeful when the movement isn't accompanied by farts lol.  It feels slightly different this time, more like flutters I guess although I still don't think that's a good way for me to describe what I'm feeling.  Maybe by next week I'll be more confident that it's actually LO in there moving around!

Me: 32  H: 34
    DS #1: 8/10/11,  DS #2: 10/13/14
    TTC #3 since October 2017

• Options
    I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow and nothing definite yet. I have felt possible light thumps but honestly it feels the same as gas to me. I don't know what everyone is talking about when they talk about cupping butterflies.

Last time I think I felt movement around 17 weeks and it was lying down on my side in bed. I shifted to my back and could feel it better. DH felt movement within a couple weeks of my feeling it so maybe I am just not sensitive to the early movements.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Options
    Since about 13 weeks I've had moments where I thought I felt something, but so far only two instances of no-doubt-about-it flutters.  The first time was just for a second right after I put DS to bed late in week 13, and then more recently, lying in bed.  The first time I was standing and the recent one I was lying on my side.

I still don't have anything consistent but I'm feeling "suspicious" activity more often this week. :)
    PM me for blog link!

Lilypie - (oGcT)Lilypie - (iEmQ)  
  • Options
    It's sooo hard to say. I voted "before 13 weeks", because I was feeling little taps really early. I'm still not 100% sure they weren't gas, though. I'm 15w3d now and I have been feeling more definitive movement the last couple of days, but it's still not super dramatic. I feel the most movement when I'm sitting down with my legs crossed.
    Me: 31  ~  Copilot: 37  ~  Our son: 3/25/11 ~ Our daughter: 10/5/14
  • Options
    What is the feeling like? I'm 17 weeks today haven't felt anything . If you don't feel anything is that normal? I'll have to ask my doctor because I haven't felt or maybe I haven't noticed. FTM I'd like to start to feel flutters
  • Options

What is the feeling like? I'm 17 weeks today haven't felt anything . If you don't feel anything is that normal? I'll have to ask my doctor because I haven't felt or maybe I haven't noticed. FTM I'd like to start to feel flutters

Most FTMs don't actually feel flutters. Many start to feel kicks between 19 and 25 weeks, so don't worry if you haven't felt anything yet. :) I was hoping with #2 that I might feel movement earlier.
    imageimage
  • Options
    My doc just told me yeaterday that sometimes for FTM you don't usually feel them until between 18-21 weeks or so. So im 16 weeks 4 days today and very much looking forward to feeling them "for sure" i feel like occasionally maybe i have. But im not definite as im a FTM.
  • Options
    FTM here and I can't wait until I can feel those flutters!!!

Married 5/28/2011

TTC since Dec 2013

BFP 2/15/14

EDD of our little pumpkin! 10/20/14

• Options
    I'm 13 weeks today and the only reason I know I felt movement is because I saw/felt my bean kick during my NT scan. Since then I have felt the same thing in the same place. Like a little tap.

My first had an anterior placenta so I didn't feel him for ages.
  • Options
    The only time I've felt anything I was fairly sure was baby was while using the dopler. Just once so far. I can't wait to feel it consistently!
    Meagan
    30 dx with PCOS 2010 treating with metformin
    DS1 12-29-11 DS2 11-4-14
    BFP 10/19/13 missed mc at 5 weeks d&c 11/18/13
    BFP 2/16/14 Please stick baby! !  EDD 10/31/14
    DX with septate uterus 3/1/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"