March 2014 Moms

tell us your adorable DH stories!

With new babies all around we're bound to have some funny and cute stories about our husbands/SOs. Tell us your favorite!

My DH is so wonderful with getting Kara to sleep. Absolutely amazing. It's like he had this hidden talent all along.... BUT! When he sings or hums to her, he only knows Christmas songs. Seriously. He sings Silent Night, O Little Town of Bethlehem, etc. But it works so I can't complain lol!

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 

Re: tell us your adorable DH stories!

• Loading the player...
  • Kewii said:

My husband is learning lots as a first time dad.  The other day he took Layla between cluster feeds and lay her down on the couch next to him.  She was (happily) kicking and swinging her arms.  He looks up at me, concern all over his face, and asked:

"Is she having a seizure?"

Hahaha! Hilarious!

• I absolutely love how my DH plays with Abby. I remember the first time I met my stepdaughter (Lilly), she was 8 months old...and I had no idea how to play with a baby. He definitely won my heart watching him play with her, and it just brings back all those wonderful feelings watching him play with Abby now. He has her lay on his chest and he waves her arms around and makes her do baby kicks...but I think my favorite is when he holds her so her feet are just barely touching the ground and he sings and makes her dance. I pretty much melt into a puddle on the floor!  :x
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My husband is a mans man he hunts, fishes, plays hockey and baseball. But when The girls (age 2) want to play with their toy hairdresser stuff he is always a willing participant. It's so cute watching them "make daddy pretty". They have him wrapped around their pinky fingers.
    Awww!  This remind me that my dad used to play Pretty, Pretty Princess with me and my cousins :-)
  • oh also, dh found these neat lullaby songs on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI6nTJLImIc   unrelated but I thought you girls might enjoy :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DH took LO to put her to bed tonight. I walked in on him reading her a bible story from his first children's bible he had as a kid. :x

That picture is gorgeous!! She is one lucky baby to have a great daddy who loves her so much!
  • All of your stories are making me melt!

Last night, after I nursed LO, I asked DH to rock him to sleep so I could take a shower. LO falls asleep pretty easily when he's rocked so I figured he'd already be down by the time I came out.

I came out and DH was still holding him, LO was wide awake. He looked at me sheepishly and said, "I know I was supposed to put him to sleep, but he started playing with me. So he's still awake and it's completely my fault. But it was so cute!!"
    image image
    D: Born 7.14.11
    Baby #2: BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
    O: Born 3.2.14 (med-free!)
  • I thought of another one. DH is a pilot (non-commercial) and when he's changing him or bring him to me to nurse, he talks in pilot lingo. Like "flaps up" are the tabs on the diaper, and clear for runway is landing at the boob for feeding It's really funny!!
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• kimberpoo said:

also, on a grosser note... I pooped SO MUCH during pushing lo out. like..... SO much. and the nurses had me moving around a ton to try and get lo out, so I got poo all over my side without even realizing it. DH cleaned me. now that is a solid marriage!  

Brings a whole new meaning to your name being kimberPOO lol =))

• amholley1 said:

also, on a grosser note... I pooped SO MUCH during pushing lo out. like..... SO much. and the nurses had me moving around a ton to try and get lo out, so I got poo all over my side without even realizing it. DH cleaned me. now that is a solid marriage!  

Brings a whole new meaning to your name being kimberPOO lol =))
    LAWL  =))

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"