November 2014 Moms
Options

oh the joy :/

My bf and my cousin are in competition with our pregnancies, her and I are due two days apart. This is suppose to be exciting and fun, but no everything is who had it worse or who got more likes on Facebook. What a bunch of children lol this will be a fun pregnancy, anyone else enjoying a pregnancy buddy lol

Re: oh the joy :/

• Options
    Well my bf might be, and my cousin is 20. She has always been comparing our kids, it drives me batty but I really don't want to deal with either of them for the next nine months loo
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have several pregnancy buddies, but we're definitely not in competition with each other at all, in fact we try to support one another. I'm looking forward to having kids with my friends that are pregnant now too because I know they'll be there when I need to complain or when I just want to talk to someone who is going through something similar.

It sounds like your friend and your cousin need to grow up and act like adults instead of trying to compete with each other so much. If I were you I would just stay out of it.
  • Options
    I have a friend who is 19 weeks pregnant. She kinda rubbed it in my face when she first pregnant. And she seems to think she knows everything about pregnancy. She would text me almost daily with her symptoms. She has calmed down now that i am pregnant.
  • Options
    My best friend and I happen to be due a week apart! We're not in competition but it's definitely nice to have someone to complain and vent to that's going through the same thing!
  • Options
    My sister is due May 2nd.  I've loved having her to talk to about symptoms.  It's really reassuring to hear what was normal for her, and helps me calm down about my symptoms when the fluctuate from day to day.  Definitely no competition though.

• Options
    I have a sister in law due in August, a friend due in September, another due in October, and then I'm due in November. Definitely not a competition for any of us. It's nice to have each other for support and all the fun stuff. I'm the only one who hasn't announced on Facebook yet but it's nice to read their posts about it to see what I have to look forward to. I can't wait til I'm 12 weeks so I, too, can announce on Facebook :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My cousins girlfriend is due 2 weeks before me! Holidays are going to be very fun with 2 newborns:)
    Baby "H" due November 7
    Fur mommy to Layla
    June 25, 2012image
  • Options
    Three of my four college roommates are all due in October and then me in November (obviously)! It's definitely not a competition, but been a HUGE help to have them going through this... we're all first time moms!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My best friend just moved to a different state 8 hours away. She is pregnant too and due 2.5 weeks before me in early/mid October! It sucks she is so far away, but this is something great we can share and it helps keep us connected!
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    Soonergirl131Soonergirl131 member
    edited April 2014
    My sister is due 2 days before me. It has not been a fun 9 weeks, instead of support and fun, it's been jealousy and hatefulness. My sister has been trying to concieve for 6 years and after 5 IUI's finally had a successful run. However, my DH and I have only been married for 5 months now and were not trying, unfortunately it has been as if I kicked her in the gut for getting pregnant.
  • Options
    It is childish of them I know that, but my cousin had miscarried twice so I do believe she is also a little bitter we got pregnant so quickly and have had no problems. My bf acts like a child because he keeps trying to let me know our pregnancy is just as important and one all its own. They are both supportive but they also brag so it's annoying but hey already no one is being jerks about it.
  • Options
    I think we are having Polar Vortex babies. Haha! I just found out that 4 other ladies that I know personally is due in November! Two that lives in the same town and two of the five is sisters! 3 out of the five is a 3rd pregnancy. Only one is a newbie and doesn't live in the same town but we just chatted on FB and she was collecting tips from me, the seasoned mother, awww. It is pretty nice to have friends around me pregnant the same time. I have never experienced that before. One of my besties is due September. Those two that lives in my town has not announced yet.. We live in a very small 'cultural' community and seriously. Everyone is gonna be blown away when they find out.
  • Options
    My SIL and I are 6weeks apart. I don't feel like this is a competition but I feel like she might try to turn it into one. DH and I were engaged for a year and a half and had our wedding date set for a year before she got engaged. Well then she decided to have her wedding 4 weeks before we got married! So I do feel that she does make things a bit competitive.

TTC #1 since August 2012

BFP 7/5/13 ~EDD 3/17/14 - MC 7/22/13

DX PCOS 9/17/13 - Cyst on left ovary benched on BCP

10/12/13 Cyst is gone starting cycle #1 Femara - U/S shows no response

11/19/13 Large cyst on right ovary. Benched again.

12/18/13 2 cm cyst still on my right ovary. Back to BCP. 

1/10/14 start femara 5mg for 10 days

IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    A friend of mine and I are due 4 days apart, but there's definitely no competition. We love that we have each other to go through it with. I had my SIL as my pregnancy buddy for my first baby, so it's nice to have someone this time around, too! 
  • Options

My SIL and I are 6weeks apart. I don't feel like this is a competition but I feel like she might try to turn it into one. DH and I were engaged for a year and a half and had our wedding date set for a year before she got engaged. Well then she decided to have her wedding 4 weeks before we got married! So I do feel that she does make things a bit competitive.

Sounds like my BiL! He & his ex were in no hurry to tie the knot (they'd already popped out a munchkin, why rush now kind of thing)... until we announced our engagement. They got married six weeks before us (and divorced within a year).
    Lo and behold the week after we announce our pregnancy, he announced that his gf & her three kids will be moving in with him. Too funny.
  • Options

Wow that is so sad! This should be such a joyful time and making this a competition will ruin it. Please don't let it bother you. My cousin, who I am really close to got pregnant after me. Her due date was 2 weeks after mine but this past week she found out she is having twins and they moved her due date to 3 days before mine! And I couldn't be more excited for her! This is her 2nd (and 3rd) and we are both SO excited to go through this together. We both have respect for eachothers excitement with mine being out first and hers being twins.

I hope that the competition portion dies down for you guys soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"