October 2014 Moms
Options

Babymoon anyone??

DH and I are considering a babymoon sometime in July. They say if you're going to do it 2nd trimester is the time to take it. I'm excited about the idea of a vacation and celebrating our one last hurrah as just the two of us, but also somewhat nervous about flying and traveling. We were throwing around the idea of Puerto Rico since it would be an easy short flight and would be very relaxing. Anyone else with plans or thinking of making plans?? Any other suggestions of places to go?
2013- 2 IVF cycles with PGD to prevent genetic disorder from being passed on. Both BFFN :(
2/2014 pregnant!  EDD 10/17/2014

All always welcome! :)
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic  Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Babymoon anyone??

• Options
    I just went to Jamaica. I went in my 1st Tri because I just thought I would be too hot and uncomfortable later on. Everything was great. Be sure to buy LOTS of bottled water and stay super hydrated. My dr was concerned with the food (mostly meats) but I am a vegetarian, so I didn't have to worry about that but setting you may want to research. I will admit, even in the shade or swimming it got TOO hot sometimes and we would have to take an hour beak or so to go in the ac and cool off, but just becarful and listen to your body. Dr also recommended researching closest hospitials in case of an emergency. Go have fun! I would highly recommend checking out groupon they have some amazing deals. Go for all inclusive if you can! Even if your not drinking alcohol it is so nice to have constant access to snacks, and icy beverages! :)
  • Options
    This is my second baby so only a small weekend trip. But, if you have the money definitely go for it. I think Puerto Rico is a good choice.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are supposed to be going to DC on Thursday. I probably wouldn't want to chance being in a remote place with limited health care options but we went to Puerto Rico last year on our honeymoon and it was so nice!
  • Options
    There's been several posts with this same question so if you don't get too many responses, you might want to do a search to find some of the previous posts. 

PR sounds like lots of fun and I know it's absolutely beautiful!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    We had a vacation planned pre pregnancy for the family. I will be 19 weeks when we go and we are headed to my favorite place St Marten!! I am so excited!! I can't wait to just relax. I say if you can afford it, go for it. Especially if this is your first!!
  • Options
    We're going on a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas for our anniversary in July and I'll be in my 2nd trimester.
    But I am also thinking of going to San Diego for a spa retreat 2 months before my due date.

Have fun in PR! Just be careful with food and water!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• Options
    I went to PR for my mini-honeymoon and it was WONDERFUL.  There is fantastic food, great sun, and nice beaches.  If you can, try to see one of the bioluminescent bays in Fajardo or Vieques.  Make sure to bring sunscreen!  

We took our babymoon to Southern Africa...we had already planned to go for a wedding so everything was set up before we knew we were having a baby.  It was a fantastic trip, but flying for over 24 hours each way was difficult.  
  • Options
    We have been on and will continue to go on lots of weekend trips. None specifically a babymoon, but I think we both appreciate them more now knowing our days of spontaneity and little planning are dwindling. Heading up to Denver now. We are going to a wedding in CA right at the beginning of my 3rd tri. which will definitely include some stops in Napa. First time for us. I will definitely be doing some swish and spit action at wineries.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I definitely recommend that y'all take one! We took one when I was in the second trimester when I was pregnant with Jeffrey. We just went to a bed and breakfast a few hours away but it was wonderful. So nice to have some alone time with DH - we still think back fondly to that trip! Now that we have a 20 month old, we won't be taking one this time. Puerto Rico sounds awesome!!
  • Options
    We are doing a few nights on the Oregon coast. It will be in July, so kind of a babymoon/anniversary trip. Can't wait!
    Started TTC August 2012. BFP 10/17/12...natural MC on 10/23/12, Missing our little bean every day!  11/13-started seeking help at fertility clinic. Me: 29 (ovulation/menstrual irregularities, HSG clear), DH: 31 (1% morphology, rest is normal) 
     SHOCKING BFP during cycle prior to IUI #1 on 1-26-14. Beta 1: 39.1, Beta 2: 100, Beta 3: 234.5!!! keep growing little one! EDD 10/7/14BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    We are going to San Diego early June and I'll be 20 weeks. This is our Babymoon/3rd anniversary trip!

Married 5/28/2011

TTC since Dec 2013

BFP 2/15/14

EDD of our little pumpkin! 10/20/14

• Options
    Dani0329Dani0329 member
    edited April 2014
    We are heading to Myrtle Beach and Charleston for 6 days in June.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"