July 2013 Moms

baby monitor question

BTDT or new moms: when did you/when are you planning on packing up the baby monitor? Our room is super far from the nursery so I think we will be using ours a lot longer but I am still curious. If and/or when we get a new house our rooms will probably be much closer.
AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

Re: baby monitor question

• Not for a long while. Lo's room is on the opposite side of the house now, and will be in the one we're building. I can't hear him without it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a camera in Nikitas room...shes 6.  They are always handy.  When at our friends house we set it up where the girls are playing so we can intervene if needed...hopefully before tears are shed and to help with tattling ;)
  • We already don't use ours unless we're out on the deck. Our house isn't very big and I can always hear her.
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • martyn17 said:

We already don't use ours unless we're out on the deck. Our house isn't very big and I can always hear her.

This. It is also just audio, not video.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
  • Ours is just audio. I turn it on when I go to sleep. I don't really need it but I'm paranoid I won't wake up. It's on a low setting so it only goes off if he is really wailing. I hear him before that point 99.9% of the time
  • I use mine when my LO is asleep downstairs in his PnP and I'm upstairs working, outside or in the shower. I like having it around and I probably won't pack it up for years.
  • missymr said:

DH plans to leave it there until he goes to college. :)

Same!

Bonus: 

• We still have an audio only monitor in the room where my 3 and 5 year old sleep. Our bedrooms are on different floors and we keep the doors closed so the cats don't bother us. If the 3 year old has a nightmare it's nice to hear him before his screams wake the whole house. Although most of the time he does just come down to our room. So we could probably pack it away at this point.
    Formerly known as ms.mittens Jude 12/31/2008 Ezra 2/10/2011 Nora 7/23/2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Maybe until we have another baby?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"