Baby Names
Options

Which is harder for you? Girl names or boy names

We haven't done this in a while.
Which is harder for you and why?
To me, boy names are almost impossible! I can rarely find anything I like enough to put on my list. I'll search and search and come up empty handed almost every time.
I could name girls all day long. The hard part there is just narrowing the list down.

Re: Which is harder for you? Girl names or boy names

• Options
    Definitely boys names. Its a few and far between I find one I really like. And the ones that I like I can't actually see using on my own children.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Although opposite of mjreilly, I have so many girls names I love it's hard to pick which one I will actually use. I need tons and tons of daughters.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Girl names because I love SO MANY. Boy names are boring to me. lol
  • Options
    It's more difficult for me to come up with boy names that I love. 

Before, I had a lot more girl names on my list than boy, but I think I've added enough boy names to surpass the girl list. 

The problem, still yet, is that I only KIND OF like a lot of the boy names, while I love a lot of the girl names. 

• Options
    I don't have a problem with either!  But it's much harder for DH and I to agree on boy names than girl names, so our "boy name" list is much shorter.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Neither is hard for ME, but compromising on girl names with DH was VERY difficult.

• Options
    Girl names! I like so many but I don't LOVE any. I seem to like a name for about a week then I change my mind. Boy names I have had the same favorites for a long time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options

Both!

I love so many girl names that it is so hard to narrow them down into a short list.

I like a lot of boy names but love very few and of those few DH doesn't like.

Thankfully, DH and I finally have a top 3 of compromise boy names. I never thought that would happen.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Girl names! I love so many boy names, and DH and I have pretty similar taste so naming isn't too difficult in general. But with girls' names I just feel so much pressure to come up with something that will last a lifetime, wear well, project smartness, etc. Plus DH's taste in girl names is much more popular than mine which is problematic since we have a top ten surnmae.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Spin313 said:
    Neither is hard for ME, but compromising on girl names with DH was VERY difficult.
    I do not look forward to this, but I'm sure it'll eventually be in my future. 

• Options
    Although opposite of mjreilly, I have so many girls names I love it's hard to pick which one I will actually use. I need tons and tons of daughters.
    This is me, too.  For girls' names, I feel like I can use something uncommon, which is what I like to do.  For some reason with boys, this seems less important and somehow less appropriate.  I am not sure why.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Boy names are harder for us. We felt good about two final contenders for a girl name for DD. We hadn't gotten to one for a boy name when we found out she was going to be a she, so that helped the boy name question temporarily. And we already have a pretty good idea if we decide to have another what the girl name will be. But no progress on the boy name.
  • Options
    Boy names are so much harder for me, and even harder for DH and I to agree on. I'm so glad we had a girl first, or else LO probably wouldn't have a name yet! We agreed on tons of girl names.

I think boy names are tough for me because I don't like traditional boy names (Henry, George, James) as first names. Most of the non-traditional names are way too "out there" for me. I can't find a happy medium!

• Options
    Boy names. There are many girl names I love, but I have difficulty even thinking of one boy name I love. I guess it's a good thing we've had 2 girls ;)
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options
    Girl names. I have a huge list of names I love, but my husband and I agree on very few of them. We had three boy names picked out, first and middle, in about 10 minutes.
    Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • Options
    Jags8Jags8 member
    Boy names are harder for me. There are only like 4-5 that I like enough to use.
    Girls names on the other hand, I love so many!
  • Options
    I can't come up with a girl name to save my life. We aren't even discussing it at this point, anymore.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Girls names are a little harder for me, but the real issue has been finding boy names that DH and I agree on. We have a laundry list of girl names we both like, but have yet to find a single boy name. I mean it, not one! It has been a struggle, but we aren't over thinking it because we obviously have plenty of time.

I mean, he doesn't like Rowan! What the hell?!
    ~Married 12.09.12~
    ~NTNP #1 since 11.14 - Current Cycle: 2~
    imageimage

• Options
    Neither is hard for me. But when it comes to DH it was harder to pick a girl name. We were going back and forth right up until the end.

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • Options
    It's been harder for me to find boy names that I love.  
    Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06
  • Options
    Girl names are harder for me. I love boy names! I could have 10 sons and name them all easily, first and middle names.

• Options
    We picked out our boy name the week we got our BFP. The girl names are so hard for us, I just can't find anything I'm in love with.
    We've put it on pause until we find out the gender.
    BabyFruit Ticker

image imageimage
    Married Since December 1st, 2012
    BFP#1 January 21st, 2014  
    EDD September 23rd, 2014

Air Force Wife, Oboist, Book Lover
    God's timing is perfect! 

• Options
    MY DH and I had a boy's name (First, Middle) all picked out when we were engaged.. we knew we would want to have kids some day so we had a discussion while driving one day. The "What would you name your future kid" talk... the name we picked for a boy was easy.. the middle name would be my Dad's middle name to honour my father.. he passed away when I was 22 years old of a heart attack. 
    We couldn't quite decide on a girl's name...until our honeymoon! We were reading a book and really liked the name.. So we were able to pick the first name Claire... we still have yet to pick a middle name... which is why I posted a poll on here to ask ppl for their opinions! 
    So clearly for us boy's name was easier than a girl's name.  
  • Options

Boy names by farrrrr.

I could name a dozen girls, though.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    I have so much more trouble with boy names, I think because I don't really have a style where they're concerned. For girls I like strong sounding shorter names (like my own, Jill, or Grace). 

For boys I'm kind of all over the map, I have liked Joseph, Ryan, Indiana, Sawyer, Aidan... So far the only one I've managed to like consistently is Joseph, and that's probably because it's after some family and friends I adore. Otherwise I'd be more than happy to hand off the boy naming to DH. 
    I'm a fuckin' T-Rex.

• Options
    Boy names are more difficult for me. I want names that work both in Dutch and English. It eliminates a lot of my favourite English boy names (George, Theodore, Francis, Charles) and Dutch ones (Gijs, Zeger). That girl names that I like tend to be more international (Josephine, Louisa, Madeleine).
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"