February 2013 Moms
Options

So my kid made the news

In the worst way. Our local news covered the shut down of our daycare. Yeahhh, that baby covered with a crib sheet? Mine. The state had to disclose that to me, because my son was directly named as a "victim" of her sleep practices. When they mean tucked in...they mean she made him lie on his belly and put the corners of the crib sheet over all four corners of the PnP mattress so he was restrained down.

https://www.wmur.com/news/new-hampton-day-care-center-ordered-to-close-for-violations/25607914

Re: So my kid made the news

• Options
    OMFG PINNED UNDER THE SHEET?! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??? 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Options
    What they leave out in the news report but I have in my written report from the state is that she had been doing that to him since he was 8 months old. He's fifteen months old now. Seven months. Seven months....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would kill someone. Mama bear don't play that....I'm so sorry
  • Options
    I can't fucking even.... I am so sorry. This was not your fault. I cannot believe that the rest of the staff didn't do something sooner. I can't. I don't even know what to say. 
    image  image

image image

Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Options
    This is the same lady that once ripped me a new a-hole for signing a consent to give meds form in the wrong spot bc the state looks at them. So I just don't get it. She put him to bed like that while the state was visiting her, so I am trying to figure out if she was just truly ignorant and didn't understand why you can't put a baby to bed like that, or if she just didn't care...I just can't get my head around it all.
  • Options
    I'm really really sorry Dubs. I'm glad they discovered all this and are shutting the place down at least.

I like cookies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Omg!!! I just... I have no words!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    As I understand in the written report, she was doing it to make him lie down, bc he would sit up and cry sometimes at the start of nap time. It sure as hell wasn't a safety measure.
  • Options
    Yes. Because crying while pinned and muffled by a sheet is certainly less obnoxious than sitting up and crying //rage filled sarcasm// seriously, what the flying fuck. Sadism. Pure and simple sadism. "Your cries piss me off, so I'll give you a reason to cry" is a vengeful fucked up thing to do.
    image  image

image image

• Options
    "The center was cited in 2001 for a violation involving restraining a child in a chair with a belt."

WTF. Why was this center even in business?! Please tell me that an arrest is going to be made after all this. UGH.
    image  image

image image

• Options
    holy crap.  I'm so sorry. You must be a total basket case.  Thank God they found out and baby is out of that situation.  I hope you are not blaming yourself.  This could happen to any of us.
  • Options
    Oh, I am so sorry. What an awful, beyond words terrible thing to have happen to you. I am so so so sorry.
  • Options
    Aww poor little guy! What the hell was she thinking? Hopefully he just thought it was like a swaddle.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Omg, I hate hearing this. I am so sorry.

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Options
    I am sick for you. What a horrible, horrible thing.

At least Jax is little enough where he wont have any recollection of this wretched woman.

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Options
    This is such a nightmare. I'm so sorry. Brings tears to my eyes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • Options
    WTAF?????!!!!!!!! I just watched the report, hand over my mouth, shaking my head. How in the world is that ok???? I feel so bad for your DS!!! Someone needs to throat punch that idiot!

imageimage

Anniversary

• Options
    That is insane. I don't even have any other words for it. Who the hell does stuff like that?!?!

• Options
    I am just so sorry. What a sick lady!!! So glad to hear your boy is doing great!!!!
    Jenny DiLo
  • Options
    I'm on the would need bail team. I just can't believe!

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    I am still filled with anger over this. I got home, fed my kids, and then told the mother I babysit for about it when she dropped her little ones off. She was mortified and I couldn't even hold back tears over it - I don't even know you outside of this forum and it makes me absolutely ill. I hope you can continue to keep a level head about it because I cannot even fathom being in your position. 
    image  image

image image

• Options
    I am seriously nauseous just thinking about it. 
    image  image

image image

• Options
    MalRiggsMalRiggs member
    edited April 2014
    So sorry you have to deal with this. No parent should

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I am so sorry. This lady makes me sick! Hope that this lady is severely punished for this. The fact that this seems to be her "normal" behavior is just disgusting!

Just curious (and you totally don't have to answer if it's too personal), but did your son exhibit any signs of not wanting to be there? Like crying when you'd drop him off, being extra clingy, etc? Obviously, I know that is typical behavior for kids this age anyway, but. Not trying to make you feel guilty at all (although I'm sure as a mom you still questioned whether there was something you overlooked....I know I sure would)!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am speechless.

I'm so sorry, Dubs. That is so upsetting.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    How awful!, so sorry to hear that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I can't even imagine. I am so sorry your LO was subject to that kind of treatment. Thank god this was reported and discovered and you are getting out of there now.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This is awful, I don't know what to say but I'm so thankful your baby is ok. I'm so sorry
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • Options
    This is awful, I don't know what to say but I'm so thankful your baby is ok. I'm so sorry
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • Options
    I am so sorry.  That is awful.
    Mom to 3 year-old girl and 1 year-old boy
  • Options
    I'm not going to watch the video because even what you just described with the sheet made me sick to my stomach. I hope you know that this is not your fault. In childcare situations, you have to trust the other party, and if they seem trustworthy and are a licensed daycare, then I think you have done your part in doing what you can. Most daycare centers and providers are not like that and will be deserving of your trust. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this, I'm very happy that your LO didn't suffer any lasting harm, and I hope you can find something who you CAN trust soon.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    This made me cry. I don't even visit the link. I am so sorry.
  • Options
    I am so sorry. This lady makes me sick! Hope that this lady is severely punished for this. The fact that this seems to be her "normal" behavior is just disgusting! Just curious (and you totally don't have to answer if it's too personal), but did your son exhibit any signs of not wanting to be there? Like crying when you'd drop him off, being extra clingy, etc? Obviously, I know that is typical behavior for kids this age anyway, but. Not trying to make you feel guilty at all (although I'm sure as a mom you still questioned whether there was something you overlooked....I know I sure would)!
    Ironically, the only one he would happily go to is the lady putting him under the sheet. There was an older woman there who started being there in the mornings for drop offs and he would cry every time I left him with just her. But he reaches out for the director and didn't make a fuss when I left him with her. I don't know if it's some kind of Stockholm syndrome or what (I'm not trying to be funny or snarky there), but she did seem to be the one he liked the best. He was always happy at pick up. It really just all so surreal and strange.

Like I said, she put him under the sheet like that while the state was there on a monitoring visit. So I really think she just made some kind of really, really stupid call. I'm not sure she was trying to be mean or punitive. But I do think part of me is just telling myself these things to keep me grounded.

Thank you for all your support, everyone. The hunt for a new provider continues! And today I get to spend all day with my little boy and his lady love from the daycare who I'm also watching.
  • Options
    That's awful....I'm so sorry. The article mentions a previous citation. Does anyone know how to check whether a daycare has citations? If you ask a daycare, are they required to disclose? I'm considering daycare in the next year, so just wondering. I don't know why they didn't revoke her license after the first offense. Ugh.
  • Options
    I would imagine disclosing former citations would be like OSHA and they would be required to disclose when asked. :-/

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    Oh. My. Gosh. I am just now seeing this today. My heart is in my throat. I have all the tears. 

What a sick, sick fuck. I am so enraged right now that I am seeing red. I cannot comprehend how anyone could treat a baby in this way. There is a very special place in hell for this c word. 

View Full Size Image
    BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"