Baby Names
Options

Baby Girl Names

edited April 2014 in Baby Names
I am removing my discussion. Thanks and have a lovely day!

Re: Baby Girl Names

• Options
    Morgan.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really dislike both. Sorry.

Have you considered anything else?
    Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • Options
    Morgan
  • Options
    Morgan

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I dislike both, but dislike Morgan less...so I'll say Morgan. Reagan reminds me of the exorcist or good old Ronald.
    BabyName Ticker}
  • Options
    Morgan is masculine to me and Reagan isn't very pretty. If I had to I guess Morgan.

• Options
    I'm hoping that Raegen is a typo.
  • Options
    Morgan is alright, and I only like Raegan when spelled Reagan. 

Reagan if you spell it this way, or Morgan if you insist on Raegan.
    FORMERLY NADCHAEL.

VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    Morgan.
    I really dislike Raegan, although I love the literary name Regan.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    neverblushedneverblushed member
    edited April 2014
    They're similar in flavor/style, but I slightly prefer Morgan.

ETA: I did not originally catch that you are using the spelling Raegan.  I would avoid that.  Your child will be in for a lifetime of inconvenience correcting people about the spelling.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    Another vote for Morgan.
    I also love Morgana.
  • Options
    Neither are my style because they are kind of masculine but I prefer Reagan (this spelling) because I know someone with that name.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I like Morgan a lot! (To me, it's one of the few "truly unisex" names.)

• Options
    Morgan
  • Options
    Of the two, definitely Morgan. Please spell Reagan this way not Raegan. Please.

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
    Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
    Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
    Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

• Options
    Morgan.  

Reagan is still a bad association for a lot of people.  I don't get why people name their kids that.
  • Options
    Both are NMS but I prefer Morgan.
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options
    Jags8Jags8 member
    Morgan, hands down.
  • Options
    Neither, but Morgan if I had to choose
  • Options
    They are both too masculine/surnamey for my taste. Are there any other names you've considered?
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    Morgan. Because its the alternative to a recent president surname. If nothing else, why subconsciously tie your daughter's name to political associations. Politics is in enough of our lives, we don't need it in our names too. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    We had considered Raegan at one point to honor a family name of Rae. Do you have a reason for that spelling or ties to either name?
    CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy #3 after two prior losses in 2013

EDD 8/18 

• Options
    I don't care for either, but Morgan if I had to choose.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Morgan
    ~Married 12.09.12~
    ~NTNP #1 since 11.14 - Current Cycle: 2~
    imageimage

• Options
    Morgan or Morgana.
  • Options
    I prefer Morgan.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Help! Getting induced next week & can't decide on a name for my baby girl. It's between Morgan & Raegan? Opinions welcome! :)  --- WOW there are so many rude people on here!  I welcome opinions but geesh, didn't expect some of the nasty comments. I'm going to try to figure out how to delete my discussion because at this point the comments are disgusting me.
    I agree with the majority that Morgan is best if out of these, but it would be good to know if there are any other names you are considering.

I don't think anyone has been particularly rude - they've given opinions and are just explaining why that's what they think about the names. It's hard to hear about names you love but gives a perspective you may not have thought of on the names.
    photo OfficeMeme_zpsd9ca2829.jpg
  • Options
    Help! Getting induced next week & can't decide on a name for my baby girl. It's between Morgan & Raegan? Opinions welcome! :)  --- WOW there are so many rude people on here!  I welcome opinions but geesh, didn't expect some of the nasty comments. I'm going to try to figure out how to delete my discussion because at this point the comments are disgusting me.
    We are just saying aloud what other people will be silently thinking.

I think the people here have been perfectly nice to you.  This is a board for honest opinions, not blowing fake sunshine.  The regulars here believe a lot is at stake in naming a kid.
  • Options
    Morgan. Because its the alternative to a recent president surname. If nothing else, why subconsciously tie your daughter's name to political associations. Politics is in enough of our lives, we don't need it in our names too. Just my opinion.
    I agree.  I don't think you have to be very old (I'm 38) to remember Reagan and recall how polarizing he was.  Even if you spell it differently - and the spelling by itself is going to be a pain in the neck for your DD, who will spend the rest of her life correcting people - it will still evoke that association, and for many people it will be negative.  I wouldn't saddle a kid with that.  Well, I have a Lincoln, but most people think of him as a great president, and I'm not particularly bothered if I offend a few neoconfederates.

I think of Morgan as more of a masculine name, but it's one of few names I will grudgingly admit to be almost truly unisex.  Plus there's no question to spell it.  So that's my pick.

And if you think we're rude (I don't think anyone was), you are not the one who has to live with the name.   You're making this decision for another person, who will live with it long after you're gone.  As with a lot of other parenting decisions, sometimes you have to set aside your own feelings to make the best choice for your child.  Not that a name is as important as safety issues, etc., but we wouldn't be here if we didn't think it was important enough to be honest with you.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Options
    capulet said:

I agree.  I don't think you have to be very old (I'm 38) to remember Reagan and recall how polarizing he was.  Even if you spell it differently - and the spelling by itself is going to be a pain in the neck for your DD, who will spend the rest of her life correcting people - it will still evoke that association, and for many people it will be negative.  I wouldn't saddle a kid with that.  Well, I have a Lincoln, but most people think of him as a great president, and I'm not particularly bothered if I offend a few neoconfederates.

I think of Morgan as more of a masculine name, but it's one of few names I will grudgingly admit to be almost truly unisex.  Plus there's no question to spell it.  So that's my pick.

And if you think we're rude (I don't think anyone was), you are not the one who has to live with the name.   You're making this decision for another person, who will live with it long after you're gone.  As with a lot of other parenting decisions, sometimes you have to set aside your own feelings to make the best choice for your child.  Not that a name is as important as safety issues, etc., but we wouldn't be here if we didn't think it was important enough to be honest
    with you.

Maybe this is a name the 70s-born mothers are more tied to the presidential association with. I speculate the 90s born mothers (I feel O L D pointing out they exist!) wouldn't think of as readily. I still remember the annoyingly catchy tune of "Say No to Drugs" brought to my elementary school by Nancy Reagan's efforts. Not making a commentary about Reagan politics. Just saying the name Reagan will alway say to me Ronald, Nancy, Reaganomics, the last breaths of the Cold War, and my 80s era childhood which would not have been complete without that Say No to Drugs song
  • Options
     WOW there are so many rude people on here!  I welcome opinions but geesh, didn't expect some of the nasty comments. I'm going to try to figure out how to delete my discussion because at this point the comments are disgusting me.
    I can't for the life of me find one nasty comment in here. Care to elaborate?

And PS-don't take it so personally. When you ask for honest opinions you are going to get them. People aren't criticizing you, so relax.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Jags8Jags8 member
    chase16 said:

Morgan or Morgana.

Noooo not Morgana! That's the name of Arthur's evil half sister!
  • Options

I don't like either. Morgan is the better of the options.

Your spelling of Reagan is hideous.

• Options
    Morgan.

My opinion (since you asked) is that it is not the prettiest name, but it isn't horrible or polarizing either. I know a handful of female Morgans and they are doing fine.

Reagan (or Raegan. Seriously?) is pretty ugly and has a lot of political associations I wouldn't want to strap on my kid. I have a friend whose daughter is Kennedy and I feel the same way about that name.

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Options
    Morgan for sure! It was one of our front runners. Reagan reminds me of Ronald.
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Options

Not liking a name does not equal rude.

Morgan is a perfectly fine name for a little girl.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"