January 2013 Moms

The doctor called

Hey ladies, as you know I'm pregnant (8 weeks today) and I went in for some blood work last week. I got a call from my doctors office that they want me to come in to discuss my blood work. When I called back they said that the doctor said it wasn't urgent but I'm stilled freaked out. I know I'm being silly. If it was serious I'm sure they would want to see me ASAP. I am taking DS in on Friday for his 15 month appointment so he will just see me then. Anyone remember having Anything from their blood work that was no big deal? I'm just looking for some reassurance. My new BMB is good, but I know you ladies and trust and respect you. Feel free to tell me to just chill!
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: The doctor called

• Thanks @michieu79. I'm hoping it's nothing. I've had some really weird hep tests in the past, though I don't have hep there's always some weirdness with my blood work that makes the first test inconclusive. Maybe it's just that again and my doctor has forgotten about it from my last pregnancy. Well, here I am jumping to conclusions. Bah! And I started a new job today so I've already got a lot on my mind this week....I wish I could just have a glass (bottle) of wine and not worry until I see the doctor. Oh well.....ice cream it is! Lol!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • First of all, congrats! My midwife called me after I had my blood work done (I'm 14 weeks now) and said I was low in Vitamin D and she wanted me to supplement. She didn't ask me to make an appointment though. But my midwife and I are very close and she always calls me personally about everything. So maybe it's just a vitamin thing? My friend had a false positive for hepatitis when she was pregnant. She had to make an appointment for that. Apparently it's not super uncommon to have a false positive for hep when pregnant(???) I'm sure if they were worried or it was something that could possibly harm the baby, they'd want to see you as soon as possible.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My doctor called me kinda like that due to low iron when I was pregnant with DS. I just needed to take iron supplements. Not a big deal.
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Thanks guys....pregnancy makes you so paranoid some times. I appreciate your help. I will do my best to try and go about my days and just wait until Friday.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I got a call with both of my pregnancies because I am RH- and they wanted to discuss that with me. It's probably nothing too serious. Pregnancy does make you extra paranoid though.

• The fact that they don't want you to come in ASAP should make you breathe a little easier. Like the pp said, maybe it's a vitamin deficiency or something. Let us know how your appt goes!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Oh, I remember the first trimester stress. Hopefully you can get in with your doctor soon and then you'll know. Like PP said, it could be as simple as a vitamin deficiency. (((hugs))) I know how stressful it is.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"