Stay at Home Moms
Options

Local Activities

How do you find out what is going on in your area?

TV? Preschool? Church? Website?

I always seem to be the last one to find out what is going on locally. I live near the beach and they do a lot to attract tourist but I am going about it wrong I guess.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Local Activities

• Options
    Library mostly, also I always check the fliers they have hanging up at businesses.  
  • Options
    I find out about stuff through Facebook.  I follow two local news stations and I also find out stuff through friends.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I check the city newspaper and seasonal rec guide. I also check nearby cities websites in the fall and spring because there are always Fire Dept open houses, hayrides, Easter activities, city picnics, etc.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Lots of places- preschool, other moms, other military spouses, local Facebook groups, MOMs group, activity magazine for the area (every area we have lived has had one, usually for free at the library, children's play places, etc.). I also like a lot of local places on fb and will find out about events through them. Oh, and the events section of the on-line newspaper.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Library. Newspaper. Rec center. Other moms.
  • Options
    A local website.. "resource for kids and families" .. it lists nearly every single thing that's going on in the city and surrounding ones for families.  Also a local mom has a blog/website where she lists local things.  Those two things cover 99% of what's going on here.  The other 1% I likely learn via FB or through newsletters that come from DD's school.
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options
    Chapter79 said:
    A local website.. "resource for kids and families" .. it lists nearly every single thing that's going on in the city and surrounding ones for families.  Also a local mom has a blog/website where she lists local things.  Those two things cover 99% of what's going on here.  The other 1% I likely learn via FB or through newsletters that come from DD's school.
    I know you are in NY - does Saratoga Mama cover your area? 
    Eh. I do look at Saratoga Mama sometimes - if there's anything worth it and it's the weekend/summer, we've gone up that way for family things/events.. But it's about 40 minutes away so not technically my immediate area (so no, she doesn't really cover much of my own area). When DD was smaller we went there more often- there's a kids museum she loved. But she's kinda old for it now, so we don't go as much.   I'm more in the Albany/Schenectady/Troy (Capital district) area.
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options
    id012id012 member
    Try mommypoppins.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"