May 2014 Moms
Options

Apparently we're all doing pregnancy wrong

https://www.mommyish.com/2014/04/22/baby-plus-prenatal-curriculum

Does there really need to be such a thing as a "prenatal curriculum"? Should I have teachers over here talking to my fetus everyday? And I was foolish enough to believe my excellent taste in music was enough.. Damn. My baby is gonna be dumb, y'all.

Re: Apparently we're all doing pregnancy wrong

• Options
    $150 for naturally derived sounds. Do they realise that I can sit outside and get those for free?

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wait, so they want you to spend money on a "curriculum" that consists of sounds resembling a mothers heartbeat? Because what, our own heartbeats, that our babies can already hear for free, are not stimulating enough? WTF?

Right. Don't let your baby bond with you by hearing your heartbeat. Instead listen to these different simulated ones!!! 
  • Options
    Well, shit. As a teacher you'd think I would have known about this "curriculum". Guess my kid is going to be a dumbass.
    October Siggy Challenge - Halloween

Happy Endings

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @FlemDance What kind of mother are you?!!?! You should have been sitting all day reading classic literature to your stomach so that your baby can be born with the ability to read already. You failed. 
  • Options
    You peasants can stick to your lame lullabies, but I've been playing recordings of Hawking and Einstein lectures to my little genius.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    My mil asks my shower and I all the time if we talk to the baby so the baby will know our voices. She says we should be saying things like "hi this is your mom." I said "the baby will recognize our voices, whether we say hello to her or not". Its annoying!
  • Options
    Omg...dh, not shower
  • Options
    Mimaloo said:
    Wait, so they want you to spend money on a "curriculum" that consists of sounds resembling a mothers heartbeat? Because what, our own heartbeats, that our babies can already hear for free, are not stimulating enough? WTF?

You get what you pay for. Free sounds = dumb babies. $150 manufactured sounds = baby geniuses!!!  Duuuhhhhhhh!!!!  
    All I can think is, science babies for the win!
  • Options
    I've been listening to Queen. Luckily, my baby is dumb so during Bohemian Rhapsody when he's talking about killing someone, she doesn't know wtf is going on. 
  • Options
    laurblum said:

Right. Don't let your baby bond with you by hearing your heartbeat. Instead listen to these different simulated ones!!! 
    Silly. Baby won't recognize their mothers HB if its exposed to different simulations. Good try educational developers.
  • Options
    My mil asks my shower and I all the time if we talk to the baby so the baby will know our voices. She says we should be saying things like "hi this is your mom." I said "the baby will recognize our voices, whether we say hello to her or not". Its annoying!
    That's hilarious! Baby hears you talking all day but won't recognize your voice if you don't specifically address her?
  • Options
    Mimaloo said:

You get what you pay for. Free sounds = dumb babies. $150 manufactured sounds = baby geniuses!!!  Duuuhhhhhhh!!!!  
    All I can think is, science babies for the win!
    I heart this!
  • Options
    @spacepotatoes... it drives me crazy that she asks EVERY time we see her. She also pointed out to me that when she had her babies, she didnt need any help. I said "oh well my family would be more than happy to help me if I need it" and then she offered to come over after. Now I dont even want her help.
  • Options
    @spacepotatoes... it drives me crazy that she asks EVERY time we see her. She also pointed out to me that when she had her babies, she didnt need any help. I said "oh well my family would be more than happy to help me if I need it" and then she offered to come over after. Now I dont even want her help.
  • Options
    Didnt mean to post twice!
  • Options
    Dude I just slap an Albert print diaper on my kid and call him a smartass. ;) And DS will only listen to country music or Christmas songs. Guess we're doomed to have a redneck kid. Oh well, at least he'll fit in with the rest of us!

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options

Dude I just slap an Albert print diaper on my kid and call him a smartass. ;) And DS will only listen to country music or Christmas songs. Guess we're doomed to have a redneck kid. Oh well, at least he'll fit in with the rest of us!
    Do you play the Redneck 12 Days of Christmas for him? If so, definitely doomed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"