October 2014 Moms

Worrisome 15 Week Appointment

Had a regular check up this morning that didn't end up so great. Could really use some positive vibes today ladies. Started perfect, baby's heartbeat sounds great. I mentioned what I thought was round ligament pain, being near constant the last three or four days and my doctor tells me my pain isn't in the right place to be RLP. I've been having stabbing pains quite low down, he felt around my stomach and it is quite tender where these pains are. He told us he's pretty sure it's muscle pain but that he's concerned it could be pre-term labour. He prescribed me progesterone & told me to call if anything at all changes. On top of this he's now unsure about us taking our vacation in the summer (cross country trip for my best friends wedding) and no sex (still due to bleeding in first tri). I mean obviously I would for go the trip for our baby's safety but over all a very concerning and slightly upsetting appointment. Hope all of you ladies are having a better day than I am!
1st Timer!
BFP - 01.31.14
EDD - 10.13.14

October 2014 Baby!

October 14 Siggy Challenge - Favourite Flower
The Luscious White Hydrangea

Re: Worrisome 15 Week Appointment

• Oh no!! I hope the pain goes away! Are they going to monitor you more often now?

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Hoping everything turns out okay.  Are they going to monitor you differently?

Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • Loading the player...
  • FX crossed for you.  That is not a news you wanted to hear.  I hope that the next visit will be filled with better news. 
  • FX it's nothing serious! I'm missing a best friend's wedding across the country too... hers is just too close to my due date for me to travel. It stinks :(
  • FX for you that it's just RLP or your uterus growing. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• FX for you!

• Sending good thoughts your way. I am sorry you had such a scary appointment!

• Sending good vibes your way!
  • I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this. Positive vibes coming your way.

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• I'm sending good thoughts and prayers your way, and hope the pain goes away! All of these pregnancy pains and unknowns are so scary :(
  • What a bummer all around. I hope you get some good news soon.

imageimageimage
  • Fx for you!
    ~Miss K born 1/8/2011~Miss I born 1/3/2013~2 angels~
    Baby #3 is on the way!  EDD 10/29/14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sorry. That news is worrisome, but at least your doc is watching it. Hopefully it's nothing and it all passes. Good luck, mama.
  • Good vibes being sent your way!

• Sending positive thoughts and best wishes!!

• I'm sorry you're having to deal with this.  It sounds like your doctor is optimistic but just wants to take every precaution.  FX it's nothing but typical woes of pregnancy!

Me: 32  H: 34
    DS #1: 8/10/11,  DS #2: 10/13/14
    TTC #3 since October 2017

• Good thoughts are being sent you way!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Sorry you are dealing with this! FX that it is nothing.
    photo: YOU CAN’T SIT WITH US!

• edited April 2014
    Thank you so much ladies!! It means so much to log back into here with all of the positive thoughts and vibes!
    Trying not to dwell on the dreaded "pre-term labor" word usage and just trying to go about my regular day to day work. 

@Nicb13 & @pinkshades05 - He's going to see me again at my regular appointment next month, so that's also a good sign I hope! He told me if absolutely anything changes to call and come in. 

Edit also - @bennikki regarding the monitoring.
    Also to thank the ladies regarding the travel advice, and to commiserate with the woes of missing weddings!

Edit - edit - spelling is hard sometimes. 
    1st Timer!
    BFP - 01.31.14
    EDD - 10.13.14

October 2014 Baby!

• I'm sorry you had a worrisome appointment but really hope it turns out to be nothing and the pain goes away soon.

As far as your trip goes, were you driving across the country? If so, I can see his hesitation as that would mean lots of time sitting down... but if you are flying I would think it would be okay as long as you take your time and let DH carry all the bags.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• FX for you!
    O14 May Siggy Challenge: Cinco de Mayo
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Take it easy and see how the pain does. I would say keep the trip for now and see how it goes. One day at a time.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • vrj0522 said:
    I'm sorry you had a worrisome appointment but really hope it turns out to be nothing and the pain goes away soon.

As far as your trip goes, were you driving across the country? If so, I can see his hesitation as that would mean lots of time sitting down... but if you are flying I would think it would be okay as long as you take your time and let DH carry all the bags.

We are flying, it's quite the trip, all the way across Canada and about eight hours of flight time. 
    I'll make sure DH gets to carry all of the bags don't you worry!
    Thanks for the advice!
    :)
    1st Timer!
    BFP - 01.31.14
    EDD - 10.13.14

October 2014 Baby!

• So sorry you had a rough visit. It is great he is being proactive getting you on the progesterone though and advising you to take it pretty easy. Try to rest up. You are in my thoughts and prayers. 

• Prayers that everything turns out alright!
  • I hope everything is okay! Sending positive vibes.
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • FX and hope everything turns out ok!
  • I'm sorry you got scary news, but I'm hoping everything works out for the best for you. 
  • I went into preterm labor at 20weeks in 2007 in the blink of an eye so make sure you go to the dr immediately if anything changes. Any pains at all! I mistook labor pains for just light cramps. I had no idea. I hope everything goes ok and stay relaxed. Stress can also cause preterm labor.
    Active duty USMC separating from H BFP #1 Dec '07 daughter Lyf stillborn at 20wks BFP #2 Feb '14 Baby boy EDD Oct 19, 2014
  • I'm sorry you are going through this. FX that everything will be ok.

Me- 36 DH- 40 ***TTC since 1/13

BFP #1 - 4/3/13 *** EDD 12/13/13 ***M/C 4/12/13 @5wks 1 day

BFP#2 - 1/29/14 ***EDD 10/11/14

It's a GIRL!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Hang in there, I'm sending positive vibes your way! Hope you're feeling better soon! Please keep us posted on how you are doing & feeling!
    Me: 37, DH: 42 Married March 22, 2003 TTC since early 2006, Fertility treatments since 02/2013 First Pregnancy with Twins EDD 10.24.2014
  • I'm sorry you're going through this. Praying that this resolves itself soon!
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Sending you good vibes and hoping all is well. If it makes you feel any better, I've had a lot of weird pains and tenderness for about three or four weeks now (I'm 12w6d). It doesn't seem like RLP, more like stretching and occasionally stabbing and pulling sensations, plus tenderness. My nurse practitioner said all of that can be normal stretching and loosening. I also had pelvic surgery three years ago, so scar tissue can make things more painful, too.

Anyway, perhaps not the same thing you're feeling, but some pain can definitely be normal. Seems like some doctors are more dismissive and others a quicker to take precautions (which can be good!), so maybe your doc is just being extra careful. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Sending good thoughts your way!!
    Me: 30 H: 30, Married Since 10/2010, TTC #1 in 12/2013, BFP 2/13/2014, Baby M 10/16/14
    It's a girl!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"