June 2013 Moms
Options

BTDT/ moms of walkers

edited April 2014 in June 2013 Moms
Once they're walking how do you handle diaper changes. I thought once she started rolling it was an Olympic sport but chasing after a half poopy butt that just decided to get up and walked away doesn't even compare. I need tips. Distraction doesn't work anymore.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg

Re: BTDT/ moms of walkers

• Options
    Sometimes I give him something he's not supposed to have- like our cell phones/remote and it keeps him still for almost enough time. Otherwise I will make crazy noises and faces so he's still and staring at me like I'm a nut. My husband has somehow mastered diaper changes while the baby is standing. I have no idea how he does it.
    N

Mr. Baby's ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It depends. Ds1 refused to lay still so I basically had to pin him down.

Ds2 (isn't walking yet but crawls and tries to crawl away) will lay still if I give him something interesting to hold on to.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kh59kh59 member
    I put her changing pad on the floor and pin her on it under my leg so I can still use two hands. Mother of the year...
  • Options
    kh59 said:

I put her changing pad on the floor and pin her on it under my leg so I can still use two hands. Mother of the year...

Yup, this. You gotta do what you gotta do.

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I'll have to start pinning. If I give her my phone she just wants to sit so she can swipe it with her finger. I used to sing this horrible poopy diaper version of gagnam style and she loved "heeeeeeey stinkeh baybay!" Now she could care less.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • Options

Lately  have been doing diaper changes on the floor and pin him down with my legs. If he on the changer we give him something to play with. something he's "Not suppose to have". like the Diaper Cream Tube, or a straw. He is usually occupied enough by the fact he is getting to touch something he normally shouldnt and i can sneak in a quick one.

Married: 04-13-12 

SS: 12-13-02 | SD: 12-13-02

DS: 6-8-13 | Sept 15' #2

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"