May 2014 Moms

STMs... What were your symptoms that labor was approaching

Hey ladies,
I've read all the common symptoms on the internet that let us know labor may be approaching. Bloody show, nesting, loose stools, weight loss and so on. I was wondering how it was for you guys and if you noticed anything else as well.

Re: STMs... What were your symptoms that labor was approaching

• I think most of that stuff is OWT-ish and not really a good indicator. The day I went into labor with DS, I remember telling DH that I felt weird and that I felt like my vagina was huge. Then I started getting mild contractions that built throughout the day.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • XathXath member
    Timeable repeated contractions.  Started at 31 weeks with my daughter and 28 weeks with DS2.  Went on medication to lock that stuff down.  They were each born at 35 weeks. 

With DS1 I experienced nothing.  He was born at 39 weeks via planned cesarean (breech and stuck) without a single labor symptom.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Weeks leading up to the end I was cramping lightly - nothing too dramatic but noticeable.  When he did cervix checks there was progress. (I'm skipping cervix checks this time but I like to think there is progress).

A week or so before I lost my mucous plug.  The day of contractions just started - mild enough and very sparse.  Thought they'd go away so I thought it wasn't the real thing.  I did have loose stools that day as if my body was getting ready.

I never nested or had weight loss.
    imageimageimage VOTE on my Name List     
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I didn't notice any symptoms and then at 39 weeks 3 days I woke up in the early morning and thought I had peed the bed but my water had broke.... He was born that afternoon :)
  • None for me as I was induced. Did lose mucus plug the day before induction, but I'm pretty sure DS would have cooked longer had it not been the induction.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• No obvious symptoms for me until 2 days before her due date. Woke up with what seemed like contractions, albeit irregular, but present. The next morning I woke up with slightly stronger contractions and they were a little more timeable/consistent. They got slightly stronger and closer together throughout the morning.

We checked in to the birthing center that afternoon and I was 4cm, 95% effaced. Lost my mucus plug at the birthing center and they broke my water there. DD was born the next morning (her due date) via unplanned c/s after failure to progress.

Everyone is different. You'll probably "just know" something is happening and you'll head to the hospital. Worst case, they'll tell you to go back home for a bit.
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• ns1ns1 member

I had a crazy burst of energy the day before and re-arranged the entire kitchen.  Other than that I had no warning.  Contractions started out at 5-1-1 in the middle of the night.

This almost exactly!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I woke up from a nap and thought I peed my pants. Nope! Water had broke! Went to the hospital and ended up with an emergency c section for failure to progress. No clue labor was starting. No symptoms.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• My first indicator was my water breaking. I was 36w6d and a FTM so I def wasn't expecting it.  I did get out of bed at 5am with the urge to do laundry and unpack (we had moved in to our temp place the day before).  I never got the chance to "nest", but I think that was probably a part of it. 

• Both times it was a doc telling me I was going in for an induction.

DS, I was 37w and got dx with pre e
    DD, Dx with low fluid and decreased movement.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• I started having early contractions.

About 36 hours before DD arrived, I woke up (at 1am) to pee and was pretty crampy.  It was annoying enough to keep me from really sleeping anymore but nothing timeable.  They did get more uncomfortable by that night, but still nothing that had me thinking "this is it".  Around 5am the next day they were suddenly way intense and 6ish minutes apart.  Got to the hospital around 8, DD was born just before 3pm.

I did lose my MP the week before, but my OB told me it wasn't even worth mentioning to them because it doesn't mean labor is imminent so I don't really include that.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• I was induced with DS so honestly, I don't know that I can contribute much. But I had ZERO signs except that I was dilating (based on cervical checks). I never had any BH, my water was broken in the hospital, never lost my MP until I was in the hospital already in labor. I felt totally normal.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• I started getting contractions about 7 minutes apart. I did not have a single sign or anything until the morning I went into labor.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Contractions. I woke up in morning of feeling just fine and normal and started having mild cramping over the course of the morning. By noonish I knew that it was the real deal, but it wasn't until that night that things really picked up. 

As far as I can remember I didn't lose my mucous plug or have any other signs of labor, other than being 5 days overdue! 
    image    image

• chillypenguinchillypenguin member
    edited April 2014
    With DD1, I had no progress in the weeks leading up to my due date. When I hit 39w, I went and walked 3 miles. At my appt a few days later I was 3-4 cm dilated and had some bloody show. I had only had some cramping up until that point. The doctor said she though I would have her within 24 hours. Went home, my contractions picked up that evening, she was born the next morning at 10am on the day before her due date.

With this one, I had a lot of Braxton Hicks and cramping. At my appt at 36w I was not dilated at all. Went into my appt at 36w6d and I was 3 cm dilated. Had painful cramps and contractions the next 2 evenings and I lost my mucus plug. At 37w2d I woke up around 7 am and my water was leaking. Went to the hospital and had her that afternoon. :)

• None whatsoever. DS's head was too big for my pelvic opening and never engaged. I never went into labor, even with 3 prostaglandin treatments, Cytotec, and pitocin. Ended up having a c-section, best thing I could've asked for.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• With my DS1 I lost a huge chunk of my mucus plug in the shower. DH was in there with me and it freaked him straight the F- out. It looked like a chunk of clear, semi dried glue. lol Few days later I started bleeding a bit, and the night before I had mega loose BMs, nausea and powerful period-like cramps. The next day, when I went in it was due to painful, close together contractions. I slept like ish the night before too, with hot flashes and mild contractions all night.
    Nikolas Knight 
    Born: August 8th, 2009   8lbs 8oz  4:33pm

Nolan Lawrence 
    Born: May 21st2014   8lbs 14oz  3:27pm

There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. 
    One is roots; the other, wings."   -Hodding Carter
  • Thanks guys! Some days I feel like I have some of these symptoms.. But then it's probably me over analyzing every little thing. I'm so anxious at this point. I know I need to just chill out.
  • Just my water breaking. Took a shower and waited for my mom to pick me up....no pain till hours later Would love it to happen this way again lol
  • No sign other than contractions. I really home my water breaks this time. I want to experience that lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"