July 2013 Moms

Summer sleepwear

I was going to make this a clicky, but there are just way too many options. Now that it's getting warmer, what are you (or will you) dress your baby in to sleep? 
I feel like my LO is too hot in her footed sleeper & sleep sack...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Re: Summer sleepwear

• We have DD in light jammies and a light blanket. We might ditch the blanket as it gets warmer. We have the fan on in her room and the AC is already on too.
  • My baby is a sweater, icky boy. I've just been putting him in a long sleeve onesie or sometimes a short sleeve onesie, with socks. Sometimes I skip the socks if our house is really warm. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I think when it gets warmer we may do shorts and a short sleeve top or a onesie and possibly an Aden and Anais sleep sack depending on how hot it is.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KikiCohenKikiCohen member
    edited April 2014
    Two piece cotton pjs and cotton sleepsack.
  • My little guy loves to be cozy when he sleeps. He sleeps in gerber blanket sleepers right now. We still don't use a blanket with him. I'll probably just switch to a lighter material but still long sleeve and footed.
  • We do a long sleeved onesie and a cotton sleep sack.
  • He sleeps in lighter jammies with a light blanket.   He usually kicks off the blanket after he falls asleep.   As it warms up, I am going to put him in the two pieces with a t-shirt top.
    This exactly.
  • JTA2426JTA2426 member
    edited April 2014
    They still sleep in their cotton footie pjs and a sleep sack. DH is a furnace and I need it like 65-67 to sleep, so the boys just have to deal. Something is weird with the circulation in their feet- always cold, no matter what I do! But they sleep well and I don't really want to rock that boat.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 2 piece cotton pj's with socks. No blanket or sleep sack.
    Formerly known as ms.mittens Jude 12/31/2008 Ezra 2/10/2011 Nora 7/23/2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Cotton footed pj's for now. She's a sweater though so we may go with footless ones soon. We stopped with the sleep sacks around Christmas.
  • It's been in the 50's at night and we've been cracking the windows... so either short sleeve onesie or long sleeve onesie and socks.  We like to save on utilities so once it's a bit warmer at night probably just a diaper. :)
    Our little Sweetpea 
    photo 62d4d618-8ee8-46d9-ae5d-705799d4d9da.jpg

BFP #1 04/27/12 | blighted ovum, m/c 05/30/12 @ ?? weeks, D&C 06/01/12 BFP #2 11/06/12 | DD born 07/10/13 BFP #3 10/07/13
  • He's usually in thin cotton footed sleepers, but we got him a couple sets of shorts/t-shirts from Carter's now that it's getting warmer. He also has an A&A swaddling blanket in the crib with him.
  • Asbromle said:

My baby is a sweater, icky boy. I've just been putting him in a long sleeve onesie or sometimes a short sleeve onesie, with socks. Sometimes I skip the socks if our house is really warm. 

Ty is a sweaty boy too. He actually gets a wet spot under his head. It's really warm in our upstairs so I've just been putting him in a short sleeve onesie. Once we put the a/c in the window I will probably put him in a light cotton sleeper.
  • If it's really warm we usually just do a onesie. 
  • @andrea0418‌ hahaha Haddy gets a wet spot under his head, too!
  • Just jams. I stopped using the sleep sack when she started rolling over. I do have a light afghan in there too.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • We put DS in just a diaper and warm sleep sack but are rethinking now that its getting warmer and he's getting the sack all twisted up tight around him when he turns in his sleep.

Do those that sleep without a sleep sack have breathable bumpers or other creative ideas for keeping little appendages from getting stuck in the crib slats? DS loves to sleep 90 degrees (longways across the short side of the crib) from where we start him each night.
  • Just a onesie these days.

• Warm weather? What's that??

(We'll do a onesie and a thinner cotton sleep sack when it gets warm; she seems to like to be snuggled in something)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"