Preemies

Milestones - 32 weeker

Ok, I'm sure this has been asked a zillion times, and feel free to direct me to an old post.

My daughter is a 32 weeker and turned 8 months actual yesterday.  She's just now starting to roll over, and can't sit up on her own yet.  When do you think that will start happening?  She's pretty good at holding herself upright in my arms, but kinda leans to the side in her highchair.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Married Sept 2008
~~TTC Nov 2010~~

IUI #2: 1/21/13-100mg Clomid(CD3-7)(8M post wash) + progesterone= BFP!! EDD 10/13/13
Beta #1=81.1 Beta #2=134.5 Beta #3=58.1 #4=2369 WTH?!-Not sure if its viable
2/21/13 - Went to RE expecting the worse and saw the flutter of the heart.To God be the Glory!!

5/29 - It's a Girl!!
8/21/13 - Naomi born at 32w3d by csection due to Pre-E
~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~ 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
imagephoto A789AD50-EAFE-4955-A617-02358EF02DBE_zpsbxkk1n87.jpg
My Wonder Woman!

Re: Milestones - 32 weeker

• ziggy903ziggy903 member
    edited April 2014
    I've always heard that you should expect developmental milestones to happen when they should by adjusted age(from edd)
    If you're concerned, ask your ped.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • M was a 32 weeker.  We went to our dev. clinic appt at 8 months, 6 adjusted.  She had long been rolling over from tummy to back, but had only a few times rolled over from back to front (and they didn't seem to believe it).  They advised more tummy time but still said she was appropriately at 6 month adjusted.  She was sitting up then and could push up on her hands and look around when she was on her tummy. They were impressed by how strong she was.  I know a lot of 6 month babies are just starting to sit.  Other things that I remember they wanted her to do were babble (she wasn't but they said that it was fine and she did it not long after), pick things up (she was an expert), and hold 2 objects at the same time (she was doing it, but didn't really do it there).  They thought she should soon be banging two objects together (she did bang on the table then), and leaning over to the side when she was sitting to reach things to her left or right.  We started more tummy time as advised and it's like something clicked--she stopped resisting it and pretty soon started crawling, sitting up on her own, and pulling up.  Now she is pretty much caught up for her actual age, although she isn't as great at walking as a lot of babies who have been doing it for longer (she's 15 months actual).  I think your LO sounds on target, but if she doesn't start sitting in the next month or doesn't do the other things I mentioned in the next month or two, you could talk to your pedi or call Early On.  It does not sound like you need to worry.
  • Loading the player...
  • All babies, full term or preemie learn reach milestones at their own pace. Please don't compare, it will drive you nuts. Even taking in adjusted age. I know full term babies who never rolled and preemie who crawled at 5 months. Babies will do what they do at their own pace.
  • Thanks ladies! I think I just needed to hear some reason.  I've really tried to not compare her to other kids, but I guess sometimes I still fall into that trap.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Married Sept 2008
    ~~TTC Nov 2010~~

IUI #2: 1/21/13-100mg Clomid(CD3-7)(8M post wash) + progesterone= BFP!! EDD 10/13/13
    Beta #1=81.1 Beta #2=134.5 Beta #3=58.1 #4=2369 WTH?!-Not sure if its viable
    2/21/13 - Went to RE expecting the worse and saw the flutter of the heart.To God be the Glory!!

5/29 - It's a Girl!!
    8/21/13 - Naomi born at 32w3d by csection due to Pre-E
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~ 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    imagephoto A789AD50-EAFE-4955-A617-02358EF02DBE_zpsbxkk1n87.jpg
    My Wonder Woman!

• My twins were born @ 32w3d.  Mine didn't sit up reliably until 8-9 mo.  They walked @ 15.5 mo. 
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"