Preemies

G-Tube Problems/Vomiting/Gas

My 27 weeker 7 mos/4 adj has a g-tube and on 1/8 of a liter home o2. We just started having issues with vomiting large amounts 1 oz or so at least 1 time per day. Her weight gain stalled at her weigh in yesterday and I am not getting any help from pedi, home care nurse, or surgeon's PA. All keep telling me it's not a big deal, feed her more, etc. She is taking 125 cc 7x per day. Having a hard time figuring out how to feed her comfortably too. Usually in bouncy seat or in bassinet at night. I feel like she should be stretched out during feeds but elevated. Any g-tube moms have experience with vomiting and/or any advice on best position to feed baby.
Thanks in advance!

Beckett Rilee & Caitlyn Leigh born 9-21-13 @ 27w due to PPROM

Re: G-Tube Problems/Vomiting/Gas

• Do you check her residual before each feed?
    DS was doing this for awhile(bottlefed) and the ped said it could be that he's getting a 3oz bottle... And by the time we feed him again, still has 1/2oz in his belly. We feed him another 3oz, and then the feed after there's 1oz still in his belly. After awhile, his belly is full and he just can't take a bottle, so he throws it up. He was throwing up about once a day, and when we stopped pressuring him to finish the bottle. Now sometimes he takes a 3.5oz bottle and sometimes he only wants 2oz. It happens.

Just an idea?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We have experience with This with our 24 weeker who is now 11 months adjusted 15 actual, we were over feeding her and we cut back on her volume and took her to a chiropractor and she no longer throws up. does she have reflux?
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks All!  I will look into the Oley Foundation.  

I do check her before each feed.  Most of the time there isn't anything.  We do bottle first, vent, and then pump remaining.  I sort of feel like it might be reflux because she typically coughs right before she throws up.  I've got another call into pedi and will ask him for GI recommendation. 

@Usm123-why would I need to see a cardiologist? 

Beckett Rilee & Caitlyn Leigh born 9-21-13 @ 27w due to PPROM

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"