Pregnant after IF
Options

XP: Is CCS worth $5,000?

pblgepblge member
edited April 2014 in Pregnant after IF
My new RE recommends this, but I have no insurance coverage for it. Just wondering what the PAIF opinions are. TIA!
**********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage

XP: Is CCS worth $5,000? 24 votes

Yes!
41% 10 votes
No!
4% 1 vote
Depends (explain below)
33% 8 votes
Some other answer below
20% 5 votes

Re: XP: Is CCS worth $5,000?

• Options
    You have to take Into consideration that every couple going through infertility has a different medical history and diagnosis. A lot of things depend on the case at hand. So what might be worth it for one person might not be for someone else.

With that said, I had insurance coverage for everything except CCS/PGD. We had two embryos failed to implant and not that many that made it to freeze so my RE told us we most likely had abnormal embryos. She still did not recommended the testing for us. Why? I honestly never asked but I took the REs advice to transfer two embryos and now I'm pregnant with my singleton. Had we had more failure or not had coverage would she have recommended testing? Maybe but I really don't know.
    If you have the funds available and want to maximize your chances then I would say its worth it for you. Maybe your medical history gives indication that it would be worth it. I know even with CCS it doesn't guarantee a take home baby but you have to decided for yourself what you think will help you to get there. Good luck with everything!

• Options
    If I could do it over again I would. I'm a DE recipient. I was fortunate enough to get KU on my first DE eSET transfer and all is going well. But we want one or two more sibs. I wish we knew which of our frozens were normal! If genetic testing could have saved us even one failed FET the cost would have been worth it. I want to continue to do eSETs as well. I wish I had thought about this at the time we cycled. Our frosties are all 5 day blasts and at this point I'm not sure we could test and refreeze (or if we could, if it would be a good idea).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it really depends on your DX and situation.  We considered it, but once we had our consult with the genetics counselor, we decided that based on our ages and that neither on of us had any abnormalities it was highly unlikely that our embryos would, so we declined.  If our results were different and we were at risk for things, then we may have done it.  It would not have been covered by insurance though, that would have been OOP for us.
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
    FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15
  • Options
    I think it depends on your history.  My RE recommended it and it was definitely worth the money. We started out with 11 eggs, 10 mature, 7 fertilized and after the testing only one was normal.  That embryo was #3, so had we not those first two they selected wouldn't have worked out.  

• Options
    We did Bc one of our losses was chromosomal and had "low egg quality". Sure enough, I think half of those we tested had chromosomal problems.

• Options
    I agree with everyone else - 100% depends on your history. We were interested in taking all precautions by my RE advised against it because we didn't have any risk factors and he said that sometimes after the biopsy, you'll lose even healthy blasts because they're so delicate and disturbing them with the biopsy can have a negative effect on their growth/continued development. However, if your RE is recommending it, you may want to ask more questions as to why. Does he/she recommend it to all of their patients or is there something specific with your situation that makes them think that this is a problem?
    Me (31) - PCOS with insulin resistance

4 rounds of Clomid = no response
    IVF # 1 - ET (1 3AA, 4 frosties): 12/22 = BFP
    EDD: 9/9/2014

• Options
    pblgepblge member
    Thanks, ladies. I'm really torn about this, as my history doesn't seem to point clearly one direction or another. On one hand, I'm 36, which means elevated risk. I've also had two m/cs (one ectopic and one following IVF #1), but the second one came back chromosomally normal, which I think means that CCS wouldn't have picked up anything wrong with it. One of the questions I'm gearing up to ask is exactly what CCS will and will not screen for--I THINK it's just aneuploidy, but I could be wrong.

I wish this stuff were easier!
    **********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"