One & Done: Only child
Options

Ear Piercing

When did you get your lo ear pierced? My dd keeps asking since she wants to be like me.

Re: Ear Piercing

• Options
    Not yet, and she's 8. She has no desire. I would let her at this point if she asked. But not much before... I want her to take care of them.
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options
    TiffanyBerryTiffanyBerry member
    edited April 2014
    She's almost four, so we haven't yet.  And she hasn't asked yet.

I'm in the "when you can take care of them" boat.

I didn't get mine pierced until I was... 20?  I'm not even 100% sure I want to keep mine.
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Haha is it bad I talk to you ladies before my dh? :)
  • Options
    I'm not going to let DD get hers pierced until we can go to a tattoo shop and have them done with a real needle.  
  • Options
    I got DD's done around 10 or 11 months. I cleaned them twice a day for two weeks and no infection.

For a little background, I am Romanian and in our culture getting the ears pieced this early is common. My ILs flipped their shit on us. Fun times... She cried more for vaccines, so I regret nothing but the IL drama.

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Options
    My mother made me wait until I was 12 and it turned out I still wasn't ready to properly take care of them.
  • Options

She was 4 months old.

It wasn't hard to take care of them (swipe them with the disinfectant solution 2x a day for 6 weeks).  She isn't aware of them-- we have a really tiny gold huggy style hoop in her ears right now. 

I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 13 because I was really afraid to and I always wished my mom had taken me as a baby.

If she hates them as an older child/ teen she can take them out, obviously.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    I took my BFF's DD (per her request) when she was like 6 months. she still has them and they were never a problem. That said... IDK if i would do my own child's that early, but they are uber cute! 
  • Options
    I got mine done with I was seven, but didn't take care of them well. They got infected so I let them close up. I pierced them again in high school and took care of them. My sister got hers done at a young age and took care of them fine so I guess it all depends on the kid.
    That's terrible. Maybe you should post that you love their hair that it is similar to yours and that with a little work it looks great natural.
  • Options
    I got mine done with I was seven, but didn't take care of them well. They got infected so I let them close up. I pierced them again in high school and took care of them. My sister got hers done at a young age and took care of them fine so I guess it all depends on the kid.
    That's terrible. Maybe you should post that you love their hair that it is similar to yours and that with a little work it looks great natural.

Go home JOTB.  You're drunk.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    LMAO THE FUCK?! How did that get here?! Sorry! 
  • Options
    16... I wont do LO's until she can take care of them herself.

• Options
    I wasn't allowed to get my ears pierced until I was 12, and even then there were very specific restrictions on the earrings I could wear - otherwise, I would "look like a tinker."  My mom's Irish - she meant the Travellers, which has really, really negative associations for her.

But she was cool about it when I got my nose pierced in my 20s, so yay progress.

Anyway, I won't pierce Pickle's ears until if/when she's old enough to ask for it and take care of it herself.  And I'll definitely take her to my tattooist & piercer, not the mall kiosk.
    Is it bad i knew what a tinker is?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"