Baby Names
Options

Is this to rhymey?

When I married my husband, I inherited a name that now rhymes - Alie and then a long Italian last name that ends in "...elli".  Some people say it sounds cute, but I don't know if they just say that to not hurt my feelings.  Well, I'm pregnant with my second and love the name Kellie for a girl.  Most of my family likes the combo, but a few people have said that they don't like how it rhymes...my husband and I are honestly on the fence.  What's your opinion?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is this to rhymey?

• Options

I am going to say that if you don't like the name for yourself, it's probably not a good idea to give your DD a similar sounding name.

Let's say the name is Spinelli?  Kelli Spinelli?  That sounds really off.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options

I am going to say that if you don't like the name for yourself, it's probably not a good idea to give your DD a similar sounding name.

Let's say the name is Spinelli?  Kelli Spinelli?  That sounds really off.

That is exactly the name I came up with in my head as OP's last name lol.

OP: what is the baby's last name going to be? Alie "...elli" or vice versa? I don't think it sounds that bad if it is Alie "...elli" but I don't like the reverse as PP said.
    "I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass." Maya Angelou
    ~ Auntie to L: 2013 and Peanut: EDD 11/2014 ~

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    holdingThumbsholdingThumbs member
    edited April 2014
    I am so stuck on having mother & daughter names that rhyme, I can't even get to the last name!

• Options
    I personally wouldn't do it. Here's what I'm imaging: Alie and Kellie Santinelli. It's too much for me. It reminds me of Callie O'Malley on Grey's Anatomy!
  • Options
    I personally wouldn't do it. Here's what I'm imaging: Alie and Kellie Santinelli. It's too much for me. It reminds me of Callie O'Malley on Grey's Anatomy!
    And Hannah Montana.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    Oops. Reading fail. I thought you inherited an Alie last name. I definitely don't like Kellie "...elli"
    "I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass." Maya Angelou
    ~ Auntie to L: 2013 and Peanut: EDD 11/2014 ~

• Options
    Yes, it's too rhyme.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I was pretty certain it was a fail...I guess I just needed to hear it lol. Back to the drawing board!
  • Options
    I'm with pps. Any other options you want to throw out here?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

We're also considering Ashley and Isla (eye-la).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"