Multiples
Options

Awake infants; what do you do?

I am not sure what I should be doing with these guys when they are awake. I pick them up and talk to them and walk them around and talk about things. I also do some tummy time. Is there anything else I should be doing? I tried toys but they just look away.

They would also be totally fine sitting in their RnP and looking around, but I feel lazy leaving them in there.
image    image    image    image

Re: Awake infants; what do you do?

• Options
    You could read to them, play music, sing nursery rhymes, and explain what you're doing around the house. Sometimes when I go out alone I find myself talking to myself bc I've always narrated for DD. I used to wear her and clean the house. Don't overthink it... Enjoy your down time too. :)
  • Options
    Great, thank you for the tips! I just want to make sure I am not over or under stimulating these kiddos

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @marchesa28‌ thank you so much. It's a little overwhelming with two of me so I am happy to not feel like I need to be doing more.

• Options
    *two of them

• Options
    *two of them
    Haha I knew what you meant....wouldn't it be nice if there could be two of you though??? ;)
  • Options
    So much agree!

• Options
    I could have written this post ;)

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DoublePortionDoublePortion member
    edited April 2014
    I found this on Pinterest last week and thought it was interesting. :)https://mamaot.com/2013/09/26/how-to-play-with-your-newborn-baby-0-to-3-months/

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• Options
    Really they are so little there is not much to do with them. I used to just talk about what I was doing and sing to them a lot. Or if it was nice out I'd take them out for a walk around the neighborhood.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

If they are newborns, there's not that much to do with them.  I used to feel the same way with my girls.  I would sing a lot to them or just talk about what I was doing.  Take them outside if its nice out, but honestly, there's not much to do with them at that age other than feed, change diapers, sleep, repeat.  They probably aren't really interested much in toys or books and will benefit most from hearing your voice, your touch, and different smells.  You are lucky they are content to be in their rnps by themselves.  At that age my girls screamed their heads off if I put them down.  They never had a mellow newborn phase. I was always carrying babies around, fending off double meltdowns.  It was really stressful.

Once they get a little older, they will be more responsive and interactive and then playtime becomes much more fun for everyone and you can see them learning new skills.  I think 4 months was a real turning point for us - they started getting really interested in their environment, the activity mat with hanging objects was a huge hit around then, they recognized faces and from then on, it has been very exciting to see them progressing.  At just over 6 months now they are really starting to notice and interact with each other.  It is totally adorable.  We sat them on the couch on boppies yesterday and they smiled and laughed at each other and played 'take the toy out of each other's hands' for about 30 minutes. omg - so cute. 

image4months_2radioflyer
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I used to wonder that too. I also felt like I was just moving them from "station" to station. Like "A hasn't been in the swing in awhile... I'll move J to the bouncer/hold him/do tummy time and put A in the swing..." And so on. I also wore them, walked outside, played pandora, and read to them. When I wasn't nursing, pumping, or washing things. Just be happy to HAVE down time! And enjoy those sweet snuggles.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks mommies! I love reading about your experiences!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"