October 2012 Moms
Options

Long night in the ER :(

Yesterday at our family gathering Julie started acting feverish so I checked and it was 104.9! I gave Tylenol and a bath and she perked up a little, but about an hour later it spiked again to 103.9. I called the pedi's home phone and he said to alternate ibuprofen and Tylenol every three hours and take her to the ER. She was so limp and looked at me like "please do something", it was the worst! So I carry my limp child in the ER and naturally there was a traumatic UTV wreck involving NINE people and one of them died, so we were definitely not a high priority. A God sent RN snuck us in and then a bitchy nurse came in and said there were others in front of us. The cause of the fever was another ear infection but the ER doctor didn't want to give her antibiotics since it wasn't severe. For the next few hours her temp was controlled by medicine but it kept spiking before the next dose was due. At one point she shook violently in my arms for a few seconds and DH thought her eyes didn't look right, like a blank stare. I thought it was a small seizure but the doctor said it wasn't a seizure because she didn't pass out. At this point I'm acting like a crazy mom! She finally fell asleep and they monitored her a while longer and discharged us. We got home around 1 am and her temp was 102 so we gave her the next dose. She still had a temp of 100 at 6 am but it seems to be under control now. I called the pedi again and he said there's no need to come in if her fever is under control, but we have our 18 month check up tomorrow. Thanks for reading my novel!

Re: Long night in the ER :(

• Options
    Sheesh, that must have been terrifying. So sorry. These ear infections are bitches. Glad she seems on the mend. Poor baby.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Glad to hear that the fever is going down, how is she today.   I can't imagine how you felt, I got teary eyed reading this. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh Poor thing! I'm glad she is feeling better today but I want to go and smack the doctor and the nurse you had last night for you! It makes me so mad that some doctors wont treat an ear infection with antibiotics. I get that not all of them need it but it sounds like it could have helped you last night. Hope she is back to her old self soon!

• Options
    I'm sorry ER's suck.  I'm glad she is doing better.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh, that sounds awful. Poor baby. Glad it's improved today.
  • Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    Poor punkin! :(

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    Oh that sounds miserable. ERs are the worst. Glad she seems to be doing better now though!

image imageimageimage

• Options
    I cried so much last night! Especially since I was getting irritated with her earlier in the day because I was trying to cook and clean but she was being fussy. Turns out she was feeling horrible and I didn't stop to hold my baby :( I'm so mad I didn't notice her fever until it was out of control. Next time I'll say forget the family gathering and just take care of my babies!

• Options
    Don't beat yourself up to much! We have been there and you are a wonderful mommy to those beautiful little girls. So glad she is feeling better.

• Options
    I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I hope she gets better soon.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Options
    Oh no :( Don't be so hard on yourself. We all know youre a great mama and you should too!! Hope she feels better!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"