Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Acupuncture

Has anyone had any experience with acupuncture for fertility or for depression/ anxiety?  My GP wants me off of my antidepressant before we TTC, and am looking for feedback on this possible alternative. 

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Acupuncture

• Options
    I did acupuncture when I was trying to get pregnant before my twins. It really helped regulate my cycles and helped me relax a bit. It did get expensive though! I would definitely recommend trying it!
  • Options
    I did it during the cycle I got pregnant (and continued with it through the first trimester) with my only successful pregnancy (I've had 2 first trimester miscarriages, a successful pregnancy, and a still birth).  I'm not sure how much it truly helped, but it was relaxing and since it doesn't hurt I will be doing it with any subsequent pregnancies.  At this point I will do anything that could "help".  If you go regularly though, it's pricey. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks all. I think it might be worth a shot. 

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I stared going to acupuncture a few months after my daughter died but before I started ttc, I think. We really focused on my anxiety and fertility. I truly believe it helped with my anxiety, and that may have helped with fertility. I really think the whole body is connected, so a problem in one area is likely to have an impact on another area.
    I was also advised to start taking herbs and all these other foods to help with fertility, after a stillborn and 3 miscarriages, I was willing to try anything.
    I stopped going when I got pregnant this time, but did just go back recently because my anxiety was getting out of hand. It did help calm me down.
    As for the cost, I went to community acupuncture, so there are other people in the room being treated at the same time, that can keep the costs way down. The cost of sessions were 20-40 depending on your income and comfort level.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

BFP #1 Jan. 2011 - mmc Mar. 2011 
    BFP #2 Aug. 2011 - My sleeping angel Stella, born April 21, 2012 
    BFP #3 Nov. 2012 - mmc Dec. 2012
    BFP #4 April 2013 - mc May 2013
    BFP #5 Sept. 2013 - EDD 5.24.14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"