Parenting
Options

I used to judge ___, but now I don't.

This could be interesting. Hopefully everyone will be nice, but I was just thinking that there are certain parenting things I used to judge, but now I don't.

I used to judge parents of screaming kids in restaurants (before I had kids), but now I'm more sympathetic because I know most of the time the parents are trying hard, and it's not always easy to get a babysitter, keep the child quiet, or take him/her outside.

What about you? What did you used to judge, but maybe being a parent has changed your perspective?

Re: I used to judge ___, but now I don't.

• Options

Def the screaming kids in public thing.

I still cringe when I hear it, but now I don't judge.

Also-- the toddler harness thing.  We have one.  DD loves it (it looks like a mini backpack.)

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't usually judge. Sometimes I get annoyed though. I got so freaking mad at my aunt once because we went to a restaurant when we were in Texas. I wanted to eat there because I don't get there offer (every 5 years or so) and she got so pissed because a kid was screaming and made us leave. I wanted to stay, but NOOOO. My mom said she left where she was if we started screaming and crying. I try to adapt that and I think it's the nice thing to do.
  • Options
    I judge parents who use a harness "leash" is what I call it. I think it's lazy and very humiliating. I would never say anything to a mom or dad using one, but I think it's a terrible parenting decision. Sorry if I offended anyone.
  • Options
    I guess I didn't understand the point of this post. Sorry! I thought we were saying whether we judge or don't.
  • Options
    The screaming in,public was one for me. Now it barley phases me. My DD will say we don't yell in the store right mama as if she never does.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Not sure if that's sarcasm or not.. Lol. If you use a harness, so be it. I judge, yes. But my opinion doesn't matter because I'm not your kids parent. Rock that harness if you want. I opt not to. I don't agree with many parenting tactics, but no one is as open minded and accepting as they say they are. I choose to be honest, but I respect every parent that is doing their best. :)
  • Options
    I never wanted to leash my kid, but now that I have a runner, I love his leash.

>>>---FSU--->

• Options
    I joined the wedding page, and then started using this one because I'm now a mom. I try to make my son a very independent baby and I have caught crap for my parenting decisions. I wasn't trying to stir up crap, I thought we were telling about whether we judge or not.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    MrsBadKat said:
    I judge parents who use a harness "leash" is what I call it. I think it's lazy and very humiliating. I would never say anything to a mom or dad using one, but I think it's a terrible parenting decision. Sorry if I offended anyone.
    lol
    +1
  • Options
    thebanichthebanich member
    edited April 2014
    My way too independent 3 year old loves her harness. She plays with it all the time.

And she doesn't run out into the road in front of cars.
  • Options
    Okay, bash me if y'all want. Idc. I will always think harnesses are shitty, but I don't give a flying f**k if you use them. I thought the whole point of this forum was to be able to be completely honest. Why do you care that I think it's a bad thing? Rock the damn harness if you think it's a good thing. I do what I think what's best for my son. I don't care if you think I'm a bitch or whatever. I'm just saying what I think.
  • Options
    mbenit4 said:
    My way too independent 3 year old loves her harness. She plays with it all the time.

And she doesn't run out into the road in front of cars.
    Are you saying that this is because of the leash?
    Yes? 
  • Options
    Sorry if that wasn't clear. The girl will run away at any given chance.
  • Options
    4 months old... I know I don't have a toddler, so I don't get an opinion.
  • Options
    I'm not wrong, my opinion is different than yours. Just because I don't agree with you, doesn't mean I'm wrong.
  • Options
    I want to raise him to be independent. Sorry if I didn't clarify that. I made a statement of how I felt about it. My parents never used harnesses, and we were fine. Because my parents could control us or they wouldn't take us out. We behaved and stayed with them, or we didnt get to go places. I don't see what's so wrong with making your kids act right.
  • Options
    FTWR said:
    chapski said:
    FTWR said:
    Well when MIL would cross a busy road with DH, she would attach him to her with a pair of handcuffs...so there's that.
    wait. was she a cop? were they fuzzy sex handcuffs? Who has handcuffs just laying around?! 
    Lol. No, she wasn't a cop and I'm assuming they weren't fuzzy sexy cuffs. There really are so many questions about this that I don't ask. I just smile and nod.
    what's fucked up is that I almost hope they were the fuzzy sex cuffs just for comfort on LO's wrist... but then wtf mom to putting sex cuffs on a kid? 
    LOL 
    this is really funny to me
  • Options
    I wanted to put a baby leash on our shower registry. Didn't go over so well with the H or the MIL.

• Options
    @CTGirl30‌ why? Because I don't have a toddler? So. I've babysat kids and taken them in public and I didn't have to use a harness to keep them near me. They held my hand or the cart in the stores. Most of my opinions have stayed the same since I had a baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"