High-Risk Pregnancy

Pre-e warning signs?

Just wondering if your pre-e came on suddenly or if there were any warning signs. I had blood pressure of 130ish over 80ish at my 28 week appointment. They did Bloodwork and the 24 hour urine and rechecked blood pressure a couple days later and everything was ok though my bp was 110/80 and is normally 100/70 consistently. At home now at near 30 weeks I'm getting readings of 120/80ish and it seems like it's creeping up. Did this happen in you pregnancies as well and eventually lead to pre e? I cut a lot of salt from my diet and all caffeine after the scary 28 weeks appointment so not sure if that's what is keeping it in range?
imageimage

Re: Pre-e warning signs?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hi there, 2 timer for pre-e/HELLP here. First, what you eat and drink affects nothing with pre-e, second if your 24 hour was clear and your BP is good, you're good. BP goes up in pregnancy with the demands on the body; it's not uncommon. The concerns are when you're in the 140/90 range + consistently. BP can spike due to outside factors but will go back down. My pre-e shows at 28 weeks and is on track doing so now. Mine goes steadily and consistently up and then I'm spilling protein at around 28 weeks and spill more and more as BP spikes and platelets start halving. I'm on track for it right on time with this third baby.
    Thanks. I guess my question was more if your blood pressure can slowly climb to pre e levels or if it's usually a jump. I spoke to a woman today who had 10 weeks of bed rest due to high blood pressure but never had protein in her urine. Just trying to predict my future which I know is impossible but it doesn't hurt hearing others experiences :)
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • askidaskid member
    In my first pregnancy my BP was normal until wk 31 when it jumped significantly. I was admitted to the hospital for pre-e but never hand any protein in my urine. I was on bed rest for a week and then induced when my BP wouldn't go down even on mag. My DD was born at 32 wks and is now a very healthy and happy six year old. I'm in wk 29 of my second pregnancy and BP has been staying normal with meds. I start non stress tests next week to monitor baby. Don't worry that it's jumping around now. Good Luck!
  • I've been having readings of 140/90s for about 2 weeks now. I am at 27+4 weeks. The doc put me on bed rest as of last Wednesday and I had to call in today with my BP readings and they have requested I go back in today. I have a feeling I'll be put on meds today. Your BP sounds like dream readings to me. I wish mine were that low. If they are worried at all, they will do the 24hr urine collection, etc. Mine came up fine last time but I have a feeling I'll have to do it again here soon.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was diagnosed with mild preeclampsia 2 weeks ago and put on home bed rest. Prior to being diagnosed, I knew preeclampsia might be a worry because my blood pressure had started to creep up each week. Also, the week before diagnosis I noticed a little swelling in my face and hands whereas previously I had only experience swelling in my feet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary Ticker
  • I'm actually in the hospital now, they made me check in after my appointment yesterday. They were afraid BP meds would mask pre-e but luckily no major signs of it yet. Monitoring and poking and prodding. Fun! As ong as this baby stays put- they can do whatever they want to me ;)
    Anniversary

• @BlueFox181, I hope all your test results come back normal and baby stays put!

I had high BP during my Monday OB appointment, so I had to go to the hospital for stat blood tests. They came back normal but wanted me to get betamethasone steroid shots to help the baby's lungs develop in case BP does become an issue and I have to delivery early. Since I also have diabetes, they admitted me to the hospital for 24 hours to keep an eye on my blood sugar since betamethasone can increase blood sugars. While I was there, I had to do another 24 hour urine collection but protein levels were actually lower than my previous result.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary Ticker
  • BC&LMBC&LM member
    First and second trimester my blood pressure was perfect. Then in third trimester, I started getting headaches on and off, so first they ran some blood tests and found my liver enzymes were a little elevated. Then, my blood pressure gradually started to go up, and I had to go in for monitoring several times. My BP always lowered during monitoring, so they would send me home for the time being. The third or fourth time I was sent for monitoring, my BP wasn't getting worse, but it wasn't really lowering. As a result, they had me do a 24 hour urine test. That came back positive for elevated protein, so that's when they officially diagnosed me.
  • My BP has been pretty stable and normal now. Not sure what the deal was that day. Really could have been eating too much salt and not enough water. So sorry so many of you are on bed rest! Hope your babes stay put and you deliver at full term!!
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"