July 2012 Moms

Brother update

Finally some good news. :)

It sounds like we should be able to get my brother out soon! My uncle has connections and was able to get J a good lawyer. Apparently J wasn't mirandized and the search of his vehicle was done without probable cause or permission. If that's the case, he should be able to get all the charges dismissed.

The only hiccup is that he's never heard of someone being held without bond for these charges either, so he's concerned that there's another charge we are unaware of. He's going to talk to my brother tomorrow.

Oh and more news! My brother has agreed to move in with my parents and sublet his apartment since he can't afford it with no job and my parents co-signed for it. This is a big step for him!

Thanks for all the kindness the other day. I was really upset and it helped to have you all to talk to. Still going to go to al-anon...hoping to get my brother to go too but we'll take it a step at a time. :)

Thanks again and big mushy hugs to you all.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Brother update

• zyaszyas member
    I'm so happy to hear all this! Definitely a step in the right direction :)

• I hope things get better. I would suggest you encourage him to get evaluated for ptsd. If he is diagnosed he can get treatment and may qualify for disability.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad to hear things are going better. I did not get a chance to comment the other day but I am thinking of your family and praying for your brother. From what you have told us it seems like he is dealing with a lot. It sounds like he is taking some steps in the right direction and getting some of the help he needs.
  • Glad to hear good news. Hope things will be looking up for your brother from now on.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Whew!  Glad to hear everything is working out for him.
    Visit The Nest
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"