October 2012 Moms

Job Interview tomorrow- rambling thoughts

kinda just need to get out my thoughts.  

I got called on Friday for a job interview tomorrow.  I'm nervous because I haven't interviewed in a long time, and the jobs I have interviewed for in the past I pretty much knew I had the job from the beginning. Plus what makes me nervous is that I don't have too much background experience for the job- honestly I'm surprised I even got called to interview- and the job posting hardly gives any information which makes it hard to prepare.  Also I'm not even sure I want the job, I have no idea what it even entails, as much as I said I was ready to go back to work, it will be a major lifestyle change and now that I have this interview it seems too real.   

Then I found out that a good friend worked at the same place, but in a different position and hated it (she worked as a floor RN and I'm interviewing for a job in admissions) and she said that when she left she had heard they were getting rid of a lot of admission jobs (but that was over a year ago).  So now I have that in the back of my mind.  I'm trying to tell myself that at least it's good practice for interviewing and that I shouldn't be so nervous because if I don't like it or don't get the job, it's NBD since I don't need to work right away, but I'm still freaking out in my head! ugh. 

Andplusalso I have no pants to wear, my old nice ones don't fit and with my ILs here this weekend/today being Easter I couldn't even go shopping.  So now I have to worry about getting something to wear tomorrow morning, looking put together, and DD has her baby class at 10 am that I don't really want to skip since she enjoys it so much. 

I just need this to be over already!!

Re: Job Interview tomorrow- rambling thoughts

• Good luck :)
  • Good luck tomorrow! Im sure you will do great!

• Loading the player...
  • Good luck! Do you really need to head back to the workplace now ? If not i would wait.
    i would just wear a nice dress much easier to look put together
    Be confident good luck
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thanks everyone.

Interview went okay, I haven't done it in a long time so I'm glad for the experience and I think it'll really help me for next time.  The position actually sounds really great after they explained it, so I wish this wasn't my first interview. We'll see how it turns out! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"